- For the district in Grand Theft Auto IV, see The Exchange (GTA IV). For the mission in Grand Theft Auto III, see The Exchange (GTA III).
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|
|Location:||Starfish Island, Vice City|
|Unlocks:||Farewell to Arms|
|Unlocked by:||Steal the Deal|
Victor Vance was ordered to steal some of Gonzalez' drugs by Diaz, and Diaz has made a deal with the DEA, sending his men to a meeting with the DEA. There, his men will give them 200 kg's of the cocaine and in return, the DEA will give them heavy guns. Victor and a goon drive to the meeting point at the car park in Downtown, but are ambushed by Gonzalez' goons, who kill one of Diaz's gang members on roof tops using Sniper Rifle's. Victor then clears out the place and kills all the enemies before the DEA arrive. When the deal is made, Victor drives the truck with the guns to Diaz's mansion while being chased by Gonzalez' men, but he manages to make it.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get into the van
- Take the drugs to the meeting point
- Take out the snipers before the DEA arrive
- Get into the truck
- Take the truck back to Diaz's
Post mission pager message
Gonzalez: Vic. My old friend. I'd appreciate your help one last time. Please... Please...
- One of Diaz's goons uses the same face model as Marty Jay Williams.
- A glitch will occasionally render this mission uncompletable. After picking up the weapons truck, when Victor pulls out of the alleyway, one of Gonzalez's cars may spawn directly behind the truck and fire at it nonstop, causing it to catch fire and blow up within a few seconds.
- The name of this mission is the same name for the GTA III mission The Exchange.
- If you have a flamethrower and you set the Rumpo full of drugs or the Flatbed with 3 boxes of weapons on fire , Diaz's goon will run out of the car.
- At the cutscene one of Diaz's goons face and clothes is similar to Tommy Vercetti.