- "That's all we got! That's our heritage!"
The Families is an African-American street gang in Grand Theft Auto V. Franklin, one of the game's main protagonists is associated with the gang. The Families hold a bitter rivalry with the Ballas gang and the Los Santos Vagos gang on the southeast side in Rancho. Their signature green attire comes from support of the colours of the Los Santos Corkers Baseball Team and the Feud Baseball Team, as well as the San Andreas Magnetics as seen by Lamar's general attires. Due to this they are collectively self-referring as Gang-Green.
The Families control the entire neighborhoods of Chamberlain Hills and Strawberry. However, Forum Drive and the Crystal Heights projects are particular hotspots for activity. Members are often seen driving vehicles, walking dogs, and hanging out on the sidewalks. They usually stand in groups of 3-5, drinking Pißwasser or smoking cigarettes.
There are three distinct sets of the Families in Grand Theft Auto V.
- Chamberlain Gangster Families (CGF): The Chamberlain Gangster Families are the largest set. Their territory consists of the entire Chamberlain Hills neighborhood. They are also referred to as "The Hills" or "Killer Hills".
- Forum Drive Families (FDF): Their territory consists of Forum Drive, Strawberry.
- Carson Avenue Families (CAF): At war with the Chamberlain Gangsters. Their territory consists of the Strawberry section of Carson Avenue.
- Grove Street Families (GSF): Former Families set who used to control Grove Street prior to the Ballas overtaking it. Not much is known about what happened to them, but Franklin Clinton and Lamar Davis during Hood Safari speculate what was left of them moved away from Grove Street and Los Santos to live better lives than being a set of the Families.
- Gerald - drug dealer
- The Chamberlain Gangsters, Carson Ave, and the Forum Drive Sets are probably distinct sets, similar to how the Temple Drive Families and the Seville Boulevard Families were in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Because of Grove Street being under the control of the Ballas gang, they were made the main distincts.
- If Franklin wanders into Families territory with the Police chasing him, the Families' gang members will shoot the police to aid him. However, this only works at 1 and 2 stars, at 3 or more stars the gang members will simply run away.
- According to Lamar during the mission Hood Safari, The Families used to own Grove Street. This conversation only happens if Franklin escapes with Lamar during the mission. Also a Ballas gang member can be heard mentioning this during the shootout.
- The Grove Street Families set is in reference to the Grove Street Families of the 3D Universe, who are no longer being around representing the moving on to the HD Universe.
- Despite The Families being the HD equivalent to the Grove Street Families, The Families' avatar outfit on the Xbox Live Marketplace for GTA V refers to the outfit as Grove Street Families Outfit.
|Armenian Mafia • Aztecas • Ballas • Bonelli Mob • Families • Kkangpae • Lost MC • Madrazo Cartel • Marabunta Grande • O'Neil Brothers • Professionals • Rednecks • Trevor Philips Enterprises • Triads • Vagos • Civil Border Patrol|