| MISSION |
The Last One
Franklin talking to the hunter.
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Mount Chiliad, Blaine County, San Andreas|
|Unlocked by:||100% Completion in GTA V|
Franklin encounters a strange man in hunting gear trying to hunt sasquatches. Franklin decides then to search the creatures. After locating the beast, Franklin chases the sasquatch down. After the sasquatch stops, Franklin shoots it, leading the creature to ask Franklin in English to shoot him again. Franklin then pulls off the bigfoot's face, which turns out to be a mask worn by a man in a suit who acts like he really is a Sasquatch, that is, Franklin calls him out as a "freak".
- "The Last One" is a reference to the infamous bigfoot myth in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The lines said by the bigfoot man when he is shot by Franklin are similar to those said by the Sasquatch to John Marston during the mission "Birth of the Conservation Movement" in Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.
- The hunter appears to be almost identical the Sasquatch hunter from Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. Sporting the same grey (most likely an animal carcass) hat, blind in his left eye and big bushy beard. However the hunter wears a more modern set of clothing, though in the same color scheme as the Sasquatch hunter.
- The game never refers to the man in the suit as bigfoot or a Sasquatch, only as "the Beast" or "the Last One", even the subtitles when a character calls him a bigfoot or Sasquatch simply say "the Beast".
- The hunter claims that he has been hunting the Sasquatch for 9 years. This is a clear reference to the release date of GTA San Andreas, which was almost 9 years before the release of GTA V.
- This mission is not mentioned in the official strategy guide of GTA V.
- In the mission Predator, you could see something looking like Big Foot appearing through the Thermal Scope. It appears just for only a second and disappears. This could be an Easter Egg.
- The name of the mission might also be a reference to the fact that this is the last mission unlocked and possibly the last mission the player finishes making it "The Last One".
- The man inside of the Sasquatch suit has a resemblance to Bobby Hill.
|The Last One|