- "Hey, the guy was a FUCKING RAT! He screwed over his own boss! Disgrazia'. Salvatore could never have trusted that mother fucker. Dump the fucking car in the river. You can drop me off on the way. If the cops see the car like this, they'll pull us over for sure!"
- — Mickey Hamfists.
The Made Man is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Joseph Daniel O'Toole from (the former) Paulie's Revue Bar in the Red Light District of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by Paulie's Revue Bar to drive O'Toole to the ceremony, as he's becoming a made man. Hamfists arrives in a Leone Sentinel, with Toni, O'Toole and Mickey Hamfists driving to the Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard in Harwood. On the way, the group is confronted by a group of Sindaccos who want O'Toole dead for the betrayal, but Toni evades or kills them.
As they arrive at Harwood, however, rather than a ceremony, O'Toole is killed by Hamfists. Hamfists explained Salvatore could not trust him, as O'Toole, having turned on the Sindaccos if he was discontent, meant he could do the same with the Leones sooner or later. With O'Toole's body still laying on the front passenger seat, Toni must drop Mickey off at Portland View, before dumping the car in the river or sea, destroying any evidence. If the car is spotted by the police, the player will immediately attain a 2-star wanted level. The mission is complete once the car and O'Toole is disposed of.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car and drive JD to be 'Made'
- Drive to the ceremony
- Take out the Sindacco hitmen before they whack JD
- Drive to the ceremony
- Get in the car and drive Mickey home
- Drop Mickey back at his place
- Dump the car in the river
- Joseph Daniel O'Toole - killed by Mickey Hamfists on orders of Salvatore Leone, becaused he didn't trust him
- This mission was inspired by film Godfather, where Rocco Lampone kills Paulie Gatto in same way.
- Also, JD being lured into execution thinking he would be made is similar to the execution of Tommy DeVito in the film Goodfellas.
Post mission phone call
Vincenzo Cilli: Hey, it's me, Vincenzo.
Toni Cipriani: What the hell do you want? Someone to pick up your laundry? Or wipe your ass?
Vincenzo Cilli: Don't be like that. Listen, I feel bad about everything... Come on. Drop by my place, I've got something for you.
Toni Cipriani: Yeah? What's that? A pair of concrete boots? A nice slice of arsenic pie? Forget about it.
Vincenzo Cilli: No. Come on, Toni, I feel bad about what went down. Salvatore heard about it, and told me we both need to grow up. This is me growing up. I'm sorry. Come on.