The Passion of the Heist
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
|Unlocked by:||L.C. Confidential|
- "Oh yeah, Hail Mary full of whatever. A wayward soul has confessed to fencing diamonds. Help this pilgrim on the path to redemption, take the loot and I'll see the diamonds are returned..."
- — Ned Burner.
The Passion of the Heist is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by news reporter Ned Burner, posing as a reverend, from Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni goes to the Cathedral in Bedford Point and is greeted by Ned Burner, who is posing as the local reverend. He tells Toni that to redeem himself, Toni must retrieve some stolen jewels so that he can return them. Toni drives to the ferry terminal in Rockford and is met by a gang of men armed with AK-47s. The gang also have a helicopter, which Toni shoots down as he kills the gang members. After all the gang members are dead Toni retrieves the briefcase, delivering it to a garage behind the Liberty Tree headquarters. News breaks on the radios about a diamond heist, a shootout in Rockford and the now missing diamonds.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get the briefcase and kill all the gang members
- Take out the helicopter, the guards and get the briefcase
- Get the briefcase
- Take the case to the Liberty Tree offices
- The name of the mission is a reference to the film The Passion of the Christ.
- This is the first mission in which a helicopter can be obtained in GTA LCS. To obtain it, you must leave at least one guard alive and then, using a tank, destroy the helicopter, then kill the guard with a remote-controlled grenade. Then you must push the helicopter into the yellow marker (it disappears if it is repaired) and then push it into garage. This only works on the PSP.
- The Sniper Rifle is very vital for this mission. The player can buy it at the nearest Ammu-Nation for $6000, then go to the jetty in the west of the shoot-out and kill the gang members (but don't destroy the helicopter) then hold an AK-47 and kill the last gang members. Take the Rocket Launcher in front of a trailer then destroy the helicopter.
- This is useful because it doesn't cause "serious" wanted level (if the player is patient enough) and doesn't damage the player's armor or health. Don't take the limo when getting away from the police (because when the diamonds are stolen it will attained 3 wanted stars) take the Sentinel that usually spawns in the parking lot near the limo, because the Sentinel is faster than the limousine and is a good vehicle for avoiding spike strips that are used by the police at three star (and higher) wanted levels.