|Games:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Type:||Professional Crime Network|
|Enemies:||GTA Online Protagonist|
The Professionals are a crime syndicate featured in Grand Theft Auto Online. As their name implies, they are a professional group of criminals that deal in drug trafficking and arms smuggling. They operate all throughout San Andreas. The Professionals appear in several missions and Gang Attacks. The Professionals appear to be a drug distribution network, dealing with various other gangs such as the Ballas, the Vagos, and The Lost. The Professionals seem to be affiliated with the Federal Investigation Bureau.
They also seem to be providing courier and bodyguard services for a variety of valuable employers, thus making them potential competitors of Merryweather Security Consulting. Gerald describes them as "professional-type dudes" in text messages, hence the name "The Professionals". Lester, in one text message debriefing a mission, describes them as an "ex-military unit". Judging from dialogue during shootouts, they are apparently ex-Marines, shouting "Semper Fi!". This makes them even more similar to Merryweather, as Merryweather operatives are former servicemen as well.
The Professionals dress in suits, sports coats, or leather jackets with business attire, and are multi-racial, with white, black, and Hispanic members. Some wear black leather gloves, adding even more to their look of a stereotypical "hitman". Sometimes, they may be seen wearing black or white ballistic masks. They always drive blacked out vehicles.
- The gang takes its name from the British detective drama from the '70s.
- The gang's name could also be a reference to the 1966 movie The Professionals.
- They also bear resemblance to the main group of antagonists in the movie Lethal Weapon called "Shadow Company." Like the Professionals, they are ex-military operatives and government spooks engaged in the drug trade.
- Stick Up the Stickup Crew
- Rooftop Rumble
- The Los Santos Connection
- Death Metal
- Dish the Dirt
- Gassed Up
- In GTA Online, if you defeat them in five Gang Attacks within one session, they will put a bounty on your head. A man, presumably their leader, who goes by "The Boss", will send a threatening message prior to placing the hit: "You won't even see them coming".