| MISSION |
The Puerto Rican Connection
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||West Bohan Community Center, Fortside|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Train gets away
|Unlocks:||The Snow Storm|
Call and Collect
|Unlocked by:||Blow Your Cover|
Out of the Closet (Only contacting Tom required)
- "But I'm pure ghetto, man."
- — Manny Escuela.
In the cutscene, Manny is watching the video of himself and claims it doesn't make him look "street". He then asks Niko to kill some of his former friends who have been mocking him and his new film. Manny's former friends are on a subway train, so Niko drives to Broker and waits for the train to pass over the Algonquin Bridge, where he follows it to Schottler Station. Once at the station, make your way to the platform and eliminate the three targets. They are carrying pistols, so full health is recommended but not required, as a weapon such as a Micro-SMG will be sufficient.
If you don't kill them when they get off the train, they will get into a car and you must follow them until they arrive at the back of the Burger Shot Broker branch, and you have to hunt them down there. After this, Niko cuts his ties with Manny.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the Algonquin Bridge.
- The target is on that train. Follow the train and take him out when he gets off.
- The target got off the train.
- Take out the targets.
- Spanish Lords members (deceased) - Killed by Niko for disrespecting Manny.
Niko will call Manny, who will reply that "he will thank him in all his acceptance speeches".
Elizabeta will call, asking for help with Little Jacob.
- The mission is an obvious homage to the film The French Connection, in which Gene Hackman, playing a New York cop, chases a hitman on an elevated train in identical fashion. Similarly, there is a mission in GTA Online called The Los Santos Connection, likewise a reference to the film.
- In the beginning cutscene, Manny says "I'm a Lord, not a Lady", referring to a show in another Rockstar game, Max Payne.
- The train travels on the wrong side of the tracks, an error also found in the missions Three Leaf Clover and For the Man Who Has Everything.
- On its way, the train passes Hove Beach station, but will not call there. In the aforementioned film, the conductor of the train doesn't stop at a station under the hitman's orders, so this may be a reference.
- If the second part of "Out of the Closet" isn't completed, the "date" may start during the mission.
- After completing this mission, Niko will receive a text message from an "Unknown" sender, asking him to meet at the end of the pier at Castle Gardens. Doing so will trigger the first mission for Francis McReary.
- Upon completing this mission, the random characters, Ilyena, Hossan, Sara and Pathos become available.
- This mission might have some resemblance to the SA mission Wrong Side of the Tracks as the player has to follow the train and kill their targets. In SA, you kill the Los Santos Vagos and in this mission, you kill members of the Spanish Lords.