The Trouble With Triads
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Salvatore's Gentlemen's Club, Saint Mark's|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocks:||Driving Mr. Leone|
|Unlocked by:||Sindacco Sabotage|
The Trouble With Triads is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from his home in the Saint Mark's district of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by Salvatore's, with Salvatore just about to take his new car out for a spin with wife Maria. Before he drives off, Salvatore instructs Toni to pick up a large amount of money from a Leone warehouse at Callahan Point, as he can only trust Toni.
As Toni reaches the warehouse, however, the Triads use explosives to blow up the warehouse, setting the remains of the building on fire. Toni manages to save all the money before they are burnt up and kills a number of Triads, who flood in to try to kill Toni. As Toni heads back to Salvatore's mansion, more Triads will take chase. However, Toni still manages to safely return back to Sal's place.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the warehouse
- Collect the money before it goes up in flames
- Take the loot back to Salvatore's
- The name of the mission is a play on the Star Trek episode The Trouble With Tribbles.
- Any vehicle parked within the compound of the warehouse will be severely damaged from the bombing, making them vulnerable to hostile Triads if the player chooses to use them to return to Salvatore's house. Only a couple of minor collisions will be enough to make the vehicles burst into flames and explode.
- Salvatore's sports car seen during the first cutscene of the mission is depicted to have crashed into a tree near his house when the player returns from Callahan Point. There is no reference to this in the cutscene of the next mission, Driving Mr. Leone. The vehicle is locked and cannot be taken, and if the player saves the game before returning for the next Salvatore mission, the vehicle will be gone.
- In GTA III the warehouse is owned by the Triads and is blown up by the Leones; the opposite happens here.
- This mission becomes considerably easier if the Firefighter sub-mission is completed first, as it renders Toni fireproof.