This page is for the character, The Truth. For the missions, see The Truth (mission series).
- "Shoot? I'm a Hippie! The only thing I've ever shot is acid. I heard of a dude who snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOOOO!"
- ―The Truth
The Truth is an aging hippie who lives in Flint County and had previously owned a cannabis farm there.
As a conspiracy theorist, The Truth is apparently well aware of conspiracies surrounding the government and related organizations (including law enforcement agencies and the police), which causes him to question Carl after doing missions for Mike Toreno. Truth also owns a van dubbed "The Mothership", although he claims to travel via his astral goat, Herbie, and is acquainted with mechanics Dwaine and Jethro, along with electronics expert Zero.
Events of GTA San Andreas
The Truth and Carl Johnson became friends while CJ was in exile in the Badlands, with CJ helping Truth in the theft of a combine harvester and the destruction of his own farm's crops after the police learn about the farm.
After CJ purchases an abandoned airfield on the outskirts of Las Venturas, The Truth once again seeks CJ's help, this time to steal government property, including a Jetpack from the Area 69 military complex and a containment unit containing unknown "green goo" transported by a heavily guarded train.
- "I mean, far out man. You know I mean, you beat the system! I tried for 30 years to cross over, but you managed it man."
- ―Truth to Carl, after Tenpenny's death
GTA San Andreas
- First Date/Tanker Commander (Post-mission phone call)
- Body Harvest (Boss)
- Farewell, My Love... (Post-mission phone call)
- Are You Going to San Fierro? (Boss)
- Wear Flowers In Your Hair
- Black Project (Boss)
- Green Goo (Boss)
- Don Peyote (Boss/voice)
- End of the Line
- On two separate occasions, The Truth calls into the WCTR show Area 53 and talks about various conspiracy-themed topics. He states on the second time he calls in that he has "held them [aliens] in my own hands." The aliens he may be speaking about may possibly be the substance collected in the mission Green Goo.
- When comparing The Truth ingame with his artwork, he seems to be much younger, still having colored hair, instead of gray hair.
- The Truth is speculated to have an account on the GTA IV website whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com under the name Trooth. This could also be an easter egg.