Thermal-vision goggles are equipment used in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The thermal-vision goggles closely resemble the night vision goggles also used in the game, sharing the exact same model and HUD icon. The goggles allow the player to see the heat signatures given off by people and cars. When used, the game world will appear in a variety of blue, purple, pink, and red hues, blue representing cold areas and red representing hot areas.
After equipping the goggles, it is possible to switch to another weapon and even drive vehicles while retaining the thermal vision goggles' effects . Like the night-vision goggles, the goggles uses the same goggles design and is best suited for use at night. However, moving around while "wearing" the goggles can be confusing and potentially hazardous due to cooler landscape areas and buildings "blending" together. They are first used in the mission "Black Project".
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Inside Madd Dogg's Crib, in a room near the studio, beside some speakers.
- Garcia, San Fierro - Inside Zero RC.
- The Big Ear, Bone County - Around the base of the satellite dish, usually beside a Sandking.
- Area 69, Bone County - Inside a control room (Instant 5-star wanted level).
- The googles can be only obtained once, since they don't respawn.