Thomson Scrapyard is a scrap yard in Blaine County, San Andreas in Grand Theft Auto V. It is found south of Senora National Park by the junction of the Senora Freeway and Route 68 in the Grand Senora Desert.
While the scrapyard doesn't play any role in the storyline, the GTA Online Survival Boneyard takes place in here.
Wreckage and Vehicles
Items of interest include two wrecked aeroplanes: two Jets of FlyUS and Herler Airlines, both airlines in GTA V. The two aircraft are in old versions of their airline's livery - notably, the FlyUS aircraft with livery of that found in IV. It is possible to enter the cabin of the Air Herler plane, but it is partially blocked and neither aircraft possess any usable items. The scrapyard also contains several wrecked Mallards, with detached wings and vertical stabilizers and deformed bodies and a wrecked Uranus hatchback from Grand Theft Auto IV.
The Thomson Scrapyard also contains various scrapped cars, none of which are usable.
The entire scrapyard is fenced off, and two gates on both sides of the yard serve as entrances.
Origin of the name
The Headquarters of the producers of GTA V are located in Edinburgh, Great Britain. Consequently, many places in San Andreas are named after real-life places in Scotland (Hawick being an example - Rockstar's choice caused outrage from several residents of Hawick in Scotland ). Thomson Scrapyard is most likely an exception as a scrapyard in Galasheils (just South of Edinburgh) is named S & I Thomson Auto Salvage and Motor Spares.
- Aircraft registrations include 555-0182, LS-6152 and LS-5680
- 555-0182 is the phone number of BSC Machine Maintenance as well.
- Several shipping containers in the area share the same registration code - BMZU 822693
- A Lando-Corp crane is located in the scrapyard
- Rubbish inside the dilapidated warehouse at the far corner of the area includes a Burger Shot box, an E-Cola bottle, various newspaper excerpts and a photograph of The Lost gang member Johnny Klebitz.