|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||FIB Headquarters, Downtown Los Santos|
|Target:||Rescuing Ferdinand Karimov|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Mr. K dies
|Unlocks:||By The Book|
|Unlocked by:||Dead Man Walking|
The mission begins with Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips and Franklin Clinton being summoned by the corrupt FIB agent, Steve Haines. Haines forces Michael and his crew to perform an abduction against the IAA, another government force, in order to boost the funding for the FIB. Michael refuses, until Haines gives him the guarantee that their work together will come to a close (Which, eventually, is false.)
Michael De Santa is the abductor, who raids the IAA Headquarters via grappel.
Franklin Clinton is the designated sniper, who will provide to be sniper support for Michael when he is inside the IAA Headquarters.
When the 3 protagonists arrive at the IAA HQ (in-game rendition of the CIA), Franklin is already perched with a Sniper Rifle on top of a nearby building, in case things get violent. As Trevor hovers overhead, Michael rappels down the building to the 36th floor to extract the target. On his way the player can observe offices full of people, giving a real-life feeling. Michael identifies the target, breaks the glass and catches the man, while the bodyguards are pointing guns at him. The player then switches to Franklin, who covers Michael from across the street by sniping some of the bodyguards, and then has the choice to switch back to play as Michael as he shoots the remaining guards. Trevor then brings Michael and the captured man back up to the helicopter, as many more helicopters show up. Franklin kills the pilot in the chopper going after him while Michael shoots down the other helicopters with an assault rifle, as Trevor flies around them. Michael then tells Franklin to leave. They all arrive at the FIB helipad and the mission concludes.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 07:30.
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 60%.
- Headshots - Kill 10 enemies with headshots.
- In GameInformer's demo review, it was mentioned that the target would be injured due to one of the agents smashing a torch on his finger, causing his finger to bleed; However in the Actual game, his hands are unharmed when Michael picks the target up. This is partially true, however; the IAA interrogator does hit the target's hands with a torch (a flashlight), but it seems to have no serious or lasting effect on his hands.
- Originally, this mission was going to be called "The Extraction".
- The IGN's demo review mentions that this would be the first mission in which all 3 protagonists would be available to play as.
- Karen appears in this mission as the lead interrogator who tortures the target. She cannot be killed, however, since she escapes the room before the player could regain control as Michael or Franklin.
- The title could be a reference to a TV show, which has the same exact name as the mission.
- The title could also be a reference to Three's a Crowd, the mission that Michelle/Karen (the lead interrogator in this mission) is introduced in GTA IV.
- The building where Franklin covers Michael is from the Arcadius Business Center. Franklin actually stands on the roof, which it's a small helipad.
- The title also points out that Michael, Trevor and Franklin work together to complete the mission. This is actually the first time & mission where Franklin meets Trevor and all three protagonists work together.
- Franklin and Trevor pay each others hospital bills if injured by the other after this mission.
- Franklin cannot shoot Trevor after this mission and vice versa.
- The frogger in this mission is the first helicopter added to Trevor's Sandy Shores Helipad and is now known to his as his "company chopper".