- "You killer like me. That what Bulgarin want you to do, so that what you do. Hospitality is for weaklings."
Timur (Russian: Тимур) is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a main character and the tertiary antagonist of The Ballad of Gay Tony. He is the personal bodyguard, right-hand man and best friend of Ray Bulgarin. Timur assisted Luis Fernando Lopez in certain missions given to him by Ray.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
When Luis begins working for Ray, Timur accompanies Luis with Ray on his first job and as a chopper pilot when he is tasked with raiding the MeTV building. He claimed that he wanted to help Luis with the mission but he cannot do so because Marki Ashvilli knows his family back in "Old Place".
- "Mr. Ray flies away now, pretty boy. You are too late to get him. You think he will forget about you? You and all your friends are dead."
- ―Timur's last words
In Departure Time, Luis heads to Funland where Bulgarin's men were supervising a heroin shipment. He destroyed the heroin and killed the men. Soon after, Timur arrives, telling Luis that he is too late to catch Bulgarin as he is at the airport ready to leave in his Blue Ghawar jet. Despite his efforts, Timur is killed by Luis.
Timur is Ray Bulgarin's right hand man and despite his violent and pragmatic demeanour, Timur is eternally loyal and obedient to his boss. The two seem to be close friends as they are shown playing rock music in their spare time. Timur's over-serious attitude, however, annoyed Luis who instantly disliked Timur and to some extent, Ray.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Timur means "iron" in Turkish/Turkic languages and East in Bahasa Indonesia. It is a popular name across much of Eurasia, and particularly in Central Asia and the Caucasus. This would suggest that Timur is not ethnically Russian, but rather a member of a Turkic minority group. Timur is also the name of a 14th c. Turkic ruler who conquered much of Central Asia, the Indian subcontinent and the Middle East.
- He is a skilled guitar player, as shown in Ray Bulgarin's mission cutscenes.
- He clearly dislikes Luis and Gay Tony, as he calls him the "fag master."
- Timur, unlike most other characters, does not wear a helmet while on a bike.
- The guitar Timur plays during the cutscene of Dropping In is a prototype of the famous Gibson Flying V guitar, and the guitar effect Timur uses for his guitar is called heavy distortion. Also, Timur says that the guitar cost $50,000, while the original Flying V costs about $2,000 - $3,000.
- Timur speaks English quite poorly, with a lot of grammatical errors. This is most likely due the fact that Timur has only recently moved to America.
- As many of the additional characters added in the DLC's, Timur doesn't have a record in the LCPD database, in spite his obvious criminal background.