Logo circa 2013
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
- "A North American mobile phone operator with awful North American mobile phone coverage."
- ―Description at Bawsaq.com
In GTA IV, they have advertisments on the in-game television and radio, as well as billboards across Liberty City, with a company building in Alderney City, judging by the Tinkle written glass doors and two Tinkle stores, one in North Holland, Algonquin and one in Northern Gardens, Bohan.
The company is suggested to be a long-running organization, as an older wall-painted advertising in Varsity Heights may be seen depicting the company in its older name, Tinkle Telecom Corp. The company competes with Whiz Wireless, with Whiz going so far to use the catchphrase "Whiz is stronger than Tinkle". Like Whiz, Tinkle's name is synonymous with urination, with the company using suggestive slogans like "Tinkle in your ear", "Tinkle underwater" and "Tinkle everywhere". The Tinkle Cellphone was manufactured by Panoramic, hinting that they were partners.
During the events of GTA V, Tinkle is now partnered with Fruit Computers to provide wireless service to the iFruit smartphone. This is very evident in Fruit Computers advertisements, in which, every pictured iFruit has the Tinkle logo clearly visible on the screen.
Events of GTA V
During a random event that can be found in Chumash, the player will encounter a man named Timm, an equity broker in Algonquin, asking for a ride to the Los Santos International Airport. If the player takes him to the airport fast enough, he will give a tip to invest in Tinkle in the BAWSAQ website.
Invest all the money of all three protagonists in Tinkle stocks before completing the random event, take Timm to the airport before the time runs out and wait 18-24 hours in-game, until the percentage of return reach its maximum return, in this case about 33%, then sell the Tinkle stock.
Known Tinkle Customers
Tinkle in Grand Theft Auto IV
Tinkle in Grand Theft Auto V
- As with Whiz, Tinkle is a slang term urinating, which explains the motto "Tinkle everywhere".
- The GTA IV logo also shows a yellow form, which could be urine.
- Tinkle is a parody of AT&T Inc.. This is backed up by the fact that Tinkle and Whiz are competitors, much like AT&T & Verizon in real life.
- Every iFruit phone has a Tinkle logo in the top left corner. This is a reference to AT&T's exclusivity deal with the iPhone for years after its launch.