- "The Titan is a four-engine turboprop military transport plane, capable of using unprepared runways for takeoffs and landings, making it perfect for a busy city center. A freeway, a football field, a schoolyard... the choice is yours."
- ―ElitasTravel.com description.
The Titan is a cargo aircraft with four propellers, entirely based on the Lockheed C-130 "Hercules", most likely the C-130H variant. Along with the Cargo Plane, it is one of the aircraft used by the military and Merryweather Security to transport materials. The vehicle always appear in a desert camo livery and has two different registration numbers on its tail: TN-100 and AN-973.
It features a rear cargo bay; its door could be opened by punching it, however this has been removed in a patch. Its capacity of 10 persons is second highest in GTA V, behind the Miljet which can carry 16.
The Titan has a slow speed and will drop at a rather fast rate if the engines are slower than max whilst airborne, however it is a very stable aircraft and is very easy to pilot. It has a short takeoff distance for its size and capacity; it also handles well when landing on makeshift runways such as deserts, fields and even some wide bridges.
In other words, the Titan is one of the most versatile aircraft in the game; despite its large size, it can be landed almost anywhere by stalling the plane at low altitudes. This, combined with its speed, makes it a very good investment.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
The Titan notably appears in the mission A Titan of a Job, where it's owned by Merryweather Security and it's landed at Los Santos International Airport, 1 up to 6 players have to eliminate enough mercenaries, steal a Titan and take it to Sandy Shores Airfield.
- GTA V
- Fort Zancudo: Parked in the runway area. A four-star wanted level will be obtained after entering the base attracting Rhinos and P-996 Lazers, making the task of obtaining it highly dangerous.
- GTA Online
- Can spawn at Sandy Shores Airfield after Rank 32.
- Can be bought for $2,000,000 from Elitas Travel.
- Found in Franklin's hangar in LSIA after Rank 32.
- Can spawn at Fort Zancudo occasionally.
- A unique Titan can be seen on an advertisement for Warstock Cache & Carry with an olive drab paint, light blue bottom and white vertical stabilizer. It cannot be found in-game, as it always spawns in desert camouflage.
- The existence of the Titan was first teased in a previous Rockstar production, Max Payne 3, in which a photograph of the aircraft appears in the multiplayer map Tiete River Docks, along with images of the Shamal, Luxor and the Hydra. The Titan pictured has the same current desert camo pattern but is grey, possibly a beta color.
- Titans are figures in Greek mythology, while its real life counterpart, the Hercules C-130, has the name of a Greek god with the same name.
- Once there are two passengers in the Titan's cockpit, a third passenger will not do the animation to enter the plane. They will instead teleport into the Titan's cargo bay.
- The easiest way to obtain one in single player, is stealing it in Fort Zancudo during the mission Target Practice.
- Titan may be a reference to TITAN, a real world military contractor that competes with Blackwater (now known as Academi), the real world equivalent to Merryweather. Ironically, the Titan is part of the Merryweather's vehicle fleet.
- Whilst getting into a Titan pressing Y/Triangle while going up the stairs, the player can sometimes glitch inside or under the Titan, get into the cargo bay and even evade the Military.
- Clipping the left wing on the Titan on certain structures will cause the Titan to turn left instead of blowing up, vice versa for the right wing.
- After stealing a Titan, it is possible to fly over Fort Zancudo airspace without getting a wanted level.
- While hard to see, the front gear surpasses the fuselage when activated, because it's mean to be activated in a straight position, not with a front 90° degree.
- Oddly enough, due to a minor graphic glitch, sometimes the bay doors for the front landing gear may remain stuck in their open position, even after the player has retracted the landing gear. This glitch seems to occur more often during Online sessions.
- If a player pops the tires on one of the rear landing gear assemblies, they simply disappear.