- For the clothing company, see Tree
Trees are plants with a large stem or "trunk" that supports large limbs called branches that in turn have leaves. Trees have appeared in every GTA game since GTA III. Trees are indestructible to the player and can not be destroyed nor damaged. In some GTA games such as GTA San Andreas, trees grow naturally in the wilderness. There are many different species of trees in the GTA games, ranging from the towering redwoods in GTA San Andreas to the stalky, leafy maple trees found predominantly throughout GTA IV.
Tress have the property to be unbreakable and nondestructive, compared with other elements in-game like certain signs or poles, they're considered solid objects and can't be modified or damaged in any way.
List of tree species found in the GTA series
- Redwood Tree (Found only in GTA San Andreas & GTA V)
- Maple Tree (Found in GTA IV, GTA San Andreas)
- Oak Tree (Found in GTA IV, GTA San Andreas)
- Palm Tree (Found in GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, GTA V)
- Sycamore Tree (Found only in GTA IV)
- Pine Tree (Found in GTA IV, GTA San Andreas)
In the original PlayStation 2 release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a glitch with the draw distance causes the tall redwood trees to pop up too late, causing players to accidentally crash planes into them. This was glitch was fixed in the PC and Xbox versions.