|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Full name:||Trevor Philips|
|Also known as:||T|
|Height:||6' 1" (1.86 m)|
|Place of birth:||Canada|
|Date of death:||2013 (Player's choice)|
|Home:||Trailer, Zancudo Avenue, Sandy Shores, Blaine County|
Vanilla Unicorn, Strawberry
|Family:||Mrs. Philips (Mother)|
Ryan Philips (Brother, Deceased)
|Main affiliation:||Michael De Santa|
GTA Online Protagonist
Trevor Philips Enterprises
Brad Snider (Formerly/Deceased)
Altruist Cult (possible betrayal)
Black Hot Rod Blazer
Trevor Philips Enterprises
McKenzie Field (optional)
|Voiced by:||Steven Ogg|
Trevor Philips is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series, appearing as one of the three main protagonists, along with Michael De Santa and Franklin Clinton, in Grand Theft Auto V, and as a main character in Grand Theft Auto Online.
What is known of Trevor's background comes from Trevor's own words.
Trevor was born and raised in Canada, near the Canada/United States border or as he calls it - the "Canadian border region of America". In a conversation with Franklin while hanging out, he claims he "grew up in five states, two countries, fourteen different homes, eight fathers, three care homes, two correctional facilities, one beautiful, damaged flower of a mother" and has "served time, my country, your country and myself." Even as a child, he had a history of rage issues and violent impulses that ruined his attempts to fit into society (notably, it is implied that he, in a fit of rage, sodomized his hockey coach with a hockey stick and he implies in a conversation with Cletus that at some point he strangled a clarinet player with his own instrument). Trevor also mentions how he killed various animals and "drifters" even during the early years of his life.
Trevor's childhood itself was an unhappy one. His father was physically abusive towards him, while his mother was emotionally abusive, overbearing, treated him with condescension and saw him as a "useless boy" who cared little about his mother. When he was a child, Trevor's father abandoned him in a shopping mall, which Trevor later burned down in retaliation. Trevor also had a brother named Ryan, whom Trevor was not fond of. Ryan died in an "accident" prior to 2013.
As revealed by Trevor himself, Trevor dropped out of school, which is the possible reason why he has a lack of some basic knowledge, such as the location of ancient Rome, which he thought was a part of America. He also reveals that he has problems with grammar and "improvises" when it comes to punctuation. It is possible that he had some formal education, as he mentions during police chases that he took a night class in criminal law. Trevor has good mathematical skills, which is confirmed by Wade, who says that Trevor is very good at "numbers". Later in his life, Trevor discovered that he had a talent for flying jets. He enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Forces to pilot fighter jets, but several days prior to completing his training and becoming a pilot, Trevor was deemed mentally unstable by the "witch" in charge of psychological evaluations, thus resulting in Trevor's discharge and grounding for life. It was implied his discharge was due to his psychological relationship with his mother.
Early criminal life
After being discharged, Trevor became a drifter and committed petty crimes along the border with no particular goal in mind. He admits to Lamar that he never committed any serious crimes until he met Michael. They first met each other while escorting cargo across the border. Trevor himself claimed that the money he was receiving for the job was good along with the fact that at the time he did not "know enough to check references." Trevor also tells Wade a story of how while Trevor and Michael waiting on the runway to meet their employers, Trevor sees not one, but two dust trails coming up the road, despite the fact that he was told there would be one person meeting them. As the second guy drives through the gate, the second driver begins yelling at Michael. Trevor gets close to him, shoots off a flare gun he was carrying at the moment into the second mans eye, killing him. He and Michael both dump the body into a lake after landing the plane. Trevor stated that going through the turn of events was horrible, as the flare was still burning from the inside of his head as they dropped him off, disgusting to the point that Trevor and Michael threw up after landing the plane since the dead man's stench was still inside the cockpit. After the incident, Trevor and Michael created a chagrined relationship and partnership.
His first job involved robbing a place that cashed checks. However, Trevor was caught because the clerk turned out to be someone who knew him, resulting in him serving four months of a six month sentence. Over time, Michael developed a relationship with a stripper, Amanda, which created some friction between them, due to Trevor and Amanda's mutual hatred of each other. Despite this, Trevor became a somewhat surrogate uncle to the couple's children, Jimmy and Tracey, although Jimmy is understandably nervous around Trevor. Over the following years, Michael became more cautious as a criminal because he saw himself as having more to lose should he be imprisoned or killed, which led Trevor to believe Michael was going "soft". Some time later, Trevor met Brad Snider, who would often join Trevor and Michael and commit robberies together. Michael and Brad did not trust or like each other, but Trevor got along with Brad and at some point, Trevor planned to cut Michael off and work solely with Brad.
Trevor and Michael remained partners in crime, until they undertook an ill-fated heist in 2004, alongside Brad and an unnamed getaway driver in North Yankton. The heist initially ran relatively smoothly until Trevor killed a security guard and the trio had to fight their way through the police and barely managed to enter the rural town of Ludendorff where a helicopter was due to wait for them. Unfortunately, their driver was killed by the police and Michael was forced to take the wheel, but their plan was scuppered after their vehicle was struck by a train on a level crossing and destroyed. Despite being too far from the helicopter, Michael insisted they stick to the plan, and they continued walking and searching for their helicopter. They were then ambushed by FIB agent Dave Norton, who fired at the trio, fatally wounding Brad and "injuring" Michael. Trevor refused to leave his friends behind and attempted to fight off the police until a weary Michael told him to save himself, and Trevor reluctantly made his escape.
As a result of the failed heist, both Trevor and Michael mistakenly believed one another to be dead. Trevor was not able to get access to his savings because of his identity getting blown, but regardless he managed to evade the police for several years and made a new life for himself in the rural town of Sandy Shores, San Andreas. There, he developed an addiction to crystal meth and founded a small criminal business empire with his new-found partners Ron Jakowski — a paranoid conspiracy theorist —, Wade Hebert — an inexperienced wanderer —, and Chef — a meth cook. The business was named Trevor Philips Enterprises, and specialised in gun smuggling and the manufacturing and selling of crystal meth. During Trevor's time in Sandy Shores, he affiliated himself with the Aztecas gang, the redneck hillbilly O'Neil brothers and high-ranking members of The Lost MC, including the club's leader, Johnny Klebitz. However, their relationship was particularly strained, due to Trevor's tendency to occasionally have sex with Johnny's girlfriend, Ashley Butler, much to Johnny's understandable vexation.
Events of GTA Online
The player would meet Trevor and Ron after reaching rank 14.
A few months prior to the events of Grand Theft Auto V, Ron contacts the player character who has been ruining Trevor's businesses and other drug dealers, specifically after stealing an RV full of meth belonging to Trevor for Gerald. The player must meet Trevor at his trailer in Sandy Shores to settle the issue by having the player do jobs for Trevor Philips Industries.
Trevor's jobs mainly consist of stealing drugs from rival groups, mainly The Lost MC, while killing the dealers. Jobs details will be sent either from Ron or through Trevor himself.
Trevor is later seen planning the fourth heist: The Series A Funding. He sends the crew to steal from some an unnamed group in the Dignity yacht, The Vagos, The Lost MC, The Ballas and The O'Neil Brothers.
After the crew completes all the setup missions, Trevor is at the warehouse, ready to move the product but is informed that the gangs they stole from are coming back for their stuff. After Trevor and the crew hold off the gangs, they rush to the El Gordo Lighthouse. Trevor then gives the crew their money in advance and they leave.
Soon after they leave, Trevor stays at the lighthouse and waits for the contact to arrive, when he arrives, it is revealed that the contact is an undercover cop and the whole thing is a sting operation from DOA, Trevor escapes by jumping off the cliff and swimming to safety. He then smashes his head against a tree before crying uncontrollably.
Events of GTA V
- "And what about Trevor? If that fruitcake realizes, no no, finds out you're alive, you are D-O-N-E fucked!"
- ―Dave Norton
Knowing that Johnny's gang will be outraged over its leader's brutal murder, Trevor decides to wipe out The Lost and their meth business from Blaine County before they have a chance to exact revenge for Johnny. He drives with Wade and Ron to a Lost hangout in Grapeseed where Terry Thorpe and Clay Simons and other members of the Lost are. After announcing and mocking Johnny's death, the members of The Lost retreat to their Lost MC hideout, known as The Range which is just outside Sandy Shores to notify the rest of the gang. Trevor follows them there.
Immediately afterwards, Trevor, alongside Ron and Wade, attacks the hideout. Trevor wipes out most of the crew there (including Terry and Clay), and orders Wade to find out where Michael lives. In the mean time, Trevor and Ron do more work, including attacking the trailer of Aztecas leader Ortega (he has the option of killing Ortega or sparing him in order to take over his position as Blaine County's drug and gun king) and taking over The Lost MC's airbase in Sandy Shores Airfield along with its cargo after they trash his trailer as revenge for Johnny. He would later return after a new chapter of The Lost is recommissioned there to continue business, blowing up the camp entirely and removing The Lost's presence from Sandy Shores once and for all.
Trevor continues to attempt to do business with other organizations including the Chinese Triads, led by a dealer known as Wei Cheng, who wants a reliable business partner so that he could expand his business in Blaine County. Cheng sends his son to Blaine County along with a translator. Trevor attempts to show them his meth lab, but is forced to hide the translator and Tao in a freezer and face gang members, who want to kill Trevor for attacking Ortega (or killing him). Trevor manages to kill all of the attackers, however this results in the Chinese backing off from Trevor and doing business with the O'Neil brothers instead. Enraged after learning the Chinese decided to work with the O'Neils whom Trevor highly dislikes, Trevor decides to kill the O'Neils. On the way, Trevor receives a phone call from Elwood O'Neil who invites Trevor to talk at the O'Neil ranch, but Trevor dismisses the offer and lets Elwood know what he will do. A panicked Elwood tells his brothers to protect the farm before leaving with two of his brothers, Walton and Wynn, to meet with the Cheng family. Despite the O'Neil family's efforts, Trevor attacks the O'Neil's household, slaughtering many of the brothers single-handed (except for Elwood, Walton and Wynn) and destroying their farm.
A short time later, Trevor receives news from Wade that two "Michael Townleys" live in Los Santos and neither matches Trevor's description. However, a man of Michael Townley's age named "Michael De Santa" lives in Los Santos, has two children and is married to a woman named Amanda. Trevor recognizes his old partner's alias, and (after stopping briefly to wipe out a recently-established Lost camp on the outskirts of town) he and Wade make the trip to Los Santos, where they take refuge in Wade's cousin Floyd's girlfriend's apartment.
Trevor then tracks down Michael at his home, surprising and shocking everyone in the house. When Trevor asks where Tracey is, Jimmy then reveals that she is auditioning for Fame or Shame. Trevor and Michael then rush to the Maze Bank Arena, knowing full well that Tracey will humiliate herself with her terrible dancing in front of the country. The two break into the audition, where Tracey happily greets Trevor. When the host of the show, Lazlow Jones, began to make sexual advances towards Tracey during her dance, Trevor and Michael become angry and give chase to Lazlow.
Trevor and Michael chase Lazlow to the Los Santos River, where Trevor humiliates the celebrity by making him take off his pants and dance while Trevor records it on his mobile phone. As Trevor leaves, he declares that he is "back" in Los Santos.
After learning that Floyd works at the Port of Los Santos, Trevor forces Floyd to take him and Wade to the docks dressed as workers to see if anything worth stealing is present. Whilst they are there, Trevor learns that a private security force named Merryweather has a freighter ship containing secret cargo. Assuming the object is valuable, Trevor plans a heist to steal Merryweather's cargo for himself with the help of Michael, whom Trevor feels that he "owes him (Trevor) one".
Before it could go underway however, Trevor is contacted by corrupt FIB agent Steve Haines for assistance in extracting a prisoner being held by the IAA. Trevor assists by flying the extraction chopper, which he promptly keeps for himself afterwards in lieu of payment. Trevor also visits Franklin's hood, where he helps the young gangster and his friend Lamar Davis discover an ambush by a rival gang and assists in driving them off after a long shootout with Ballas gangsters and law enforcement.
Trevor is brought back to work for the FIB once more, this time to interrogate Ferdinand Kerimov, the man he helped rescue from the IAA. Trevor tortures information out of Kerimov, while Steve Haines watches and asks the questions, before relaying the answers to Michael and Dave Norton, who are supposed to find and take out supposed Azerbaijani terrorist Tahir Javan. After the job is done, Haines orders Trevor to kill Kerimov and dispose of his body before leaving. Instead of following Haines' orders, Trevor helps Kerimov escape by driving him to the Los Santos airport and telling him to run away, despite the fact that Kerimov lives in Los Santos and has family living there as well.
Eventually, Trevor gets to put his heist into motion and manages to steal the target cargo with the combined effort of Michael and Franklin. However, Lester Crest arrives to discourage Trevor from taking the cargo, as it is in fact a super-weapon that could destroy the entire city and the government will stop at nothing to recover it, especially if it is in the hands of a person like Trevor. Trevor refuses to give it up, but is forced to when Michael and Franklin agree it is not worth keeping it due to its dangerous nature. Trevor is outraged at getting nothing out of the heist. Following the heist, Trevor receives a call from Elwood, who threatens to kill Trevor for killing his brothers and blowing up the O'Neil ranch in Sandy Shores. Trevor ignores the threat and invites Elwood and what's left of his family to come and find him in Los Santos before hanging up.
Getting over with the failed heist, Trevor continues to do jobs with Michael, including assassinating the cousin of Mexican mob boss, Martin Madrazo for planning to testify against Madrazo. However, Trevor has an infatuation with Madrazo's wife, Patricia. Because payment negotiations fall through, and because of Madrazo's mistreatment of his wife, Trevor attacks Madrazo and kidnaps Patricia, forcing Michael and himself to lay low in Trevor's Trailer in Sandy Shores. Whilst in hiding, Trevor assists Michael and Franklin in killing what's left of the vengeful O'Neils and robbing a bank, which contains money, extorted by the corrupt Paleto Bay police department from all their local meth labs and weed farms in order to secure finds for another FIB job and continues running his business in Sandy Shores. He also helps Michael and Dave escape the Humane Labs and Research facility when they try to steal some chemicals owned by the IAA. Eventually, Michael repays Madrazo with an artifact he stole, while a reluctant Trevor returns Patricia to her husband whom he threatens to kill if he mistreats Patricia again.
Upon Trevor's return to Los Santos, he encounters Floyd's girlfriend Debra who has returned from a business trip. Debra quickly becomes enraged with Trevor's presence. Trevor then drives Debra over the edge after suggesting that the conferences she was at were "regular little fuck fests" and when he makes a mocking proposal to marry Debra and Floyd. An enraged Debra brandishes a gun at Trevor, and Floyd picks up a nearby knife after mustering some courage. When they object to his return quite violently, Trevor tells Debra and Floyd that they are not very nice and ends up murdering the couple. After exiting the apartment, a blood-stained Trevor encounters Wade who wishes to see Floyd. Trevor tells him not so, lying him that Debra and Floyd have mysteriously "disappeared" and probably won't return. Wade and Trevor then move into the Vanilla Unicorn strip club after "taking it over" (by murdering the previous owner.
Trevor, Michael, Lester and Franklin then meet up at the strip club where they plan to rob the Union Depository. In order to do so, they survey the depository for any possible escape routes. Michael and Franklin drive a car, while Trevor and Lester pilot a helicopter.
After meeting up with Michael in his mansion, Trevor tries to convince Michael that they help Brad escape from prison and start robbing banks like they used to. Michael refuses, however due to the fact that he has a family and wants to make movies, which irritates Trevor. Because of Michael's reluctance to talk about Brad and Trevor's suspicions about what actually happened in North Yankton and who was buried in Michael's grave, Trevor flies back to North Yankton with Michael in pursuit. Trevor exhumes Michael's grave, and his suspicions are confirmed when he finds Brad's corpse. After a stand off at the grave, Trevor flees when the duo are ambushed by the Triads, who had followed Michael from the airport. As Trevor returns to Los Santos, he receives a phone call from Cheng who threatens Trevor that he will kill his assumed "lover" (Michael) if he does not surrender his business in Sandy Shores. Trevor ignores the threat due to his feud with Michael and tells Cheng to do as he pleases.
Much later, Trevor meets up with Franklin at his aunt's house. When Franklin asks him about Michael's location, Trevor becomes agitated and angered and reluctantly tells Franklin that Michael was kidnapped by the Triads before punching a nearby pedestrian and leaving. Franklin later saves Michael.
Although he now considers Michael to be his enemy, Trevor aids him nonetheless after Michael is ambushed by the FIB, IAA, and Merryweather at the Kortz Center. He refuses to allow anyone besides himself to kill Michael (despite having previously abandoned him to Cheng) and is aware that he and Michael each need the other's help to pull off the Union Depository heist that Michael had been planning.
After the heist, Trevor's fate depends on Franklin's choice to kill him, Michael or everyone that had double-crossed them.
Franklin and Trevor meet at the Paleto Oilfields before escalating into a full-speed chase around the fields. Eventually, Michael crashes into Trevor causing him to crash into a gas tanker, covering him in gasoline. Either Franklin or Michael shoots the gas, which incinerates Trevor before the tanker explodes.
Franklin calls Trevor to help him kill Michael, but he refuses, saying that he is "done with traitors", and tells him they "deserve each other". He is not seen or heard again after this and cuts off all ties with Franklin.
Trevor helps Franklin and Michael fight off Merryweather and the FIB, then kills Steve Haines at the Del Perro Pier before kidnapping Devin Weston from his mansion, locking him in the trunk of his own car, and taking him to the foothills of Mount Chiliad. The three protagonists push Devin's car, with Devin in the trunk, off the cliff and into the sea below, before the car explodes and kills Devin. Following this, the trio end their criminal lifestyles but agree to remain friends.
Murders Committed by Trevor Philips
- Jaspers - Murdered during a heist Trevor was part of for holding Michael at gunpoint.
- Daisy Bell - Murdered in the quarry when she stopped at Sandy Shores to buy drugs with Wade and Kush-Cronic.
- Kush-Chronic - Murdered in the quarry when he stopped at Sandy Shores to buy drugs with Wade and Daisy Bell.
- Johnny Klebitz - Murdered for confronting Trevor.
- Terry Thorpe - Murdered for being a member of The Lost MC.
- Clay Simons - Murdered for being a member of The Lost MC.
- Ortega - Either murdered to strike a blow to the Aztecas, or killed when attacking Trevor's meth lab.
- Ernie O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Earl O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Dale O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Doyle O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Ned O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Don O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Daryl O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Dan O'Neil - Murdered for aligning with the Triads.
- Javier Madrazo - Murdered on orders from Martin Madrazo.
- Floyd Hebert - Murdered for brandishing a knife at Trevor.
- Debra - Murdered for aiming a pistol at Trevor.
- Leon - Murdered in order to take over Vanilla Unicorn.
Strangers and Freaks Murders
- Joe - Murdered on orders from Manuel, for arresting anyone who looks like an immigrant.
- Josef - Murdered on orders from Manuel, for arresting anyone who looks like an immigrant.
- Josh Bernstein - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Breach of Contract.
- Mark Fostenburg - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - Mark.
- Al Di Napoli - Can be killed during the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - The Last Act.
- Ashley Butler - Can be killed during Mr. Philips.
- MC Clip - Can be killed by either Franklin or Trevor during Hood Safari.
- Ralph Ostrowski - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 1: Ralph Ostrowski.
- Larry Tupper - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 2: Larry Tupper.
- Glenn Scoville - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond Mission Bail Jumper 3: Glenn Scoville.
- Curtis Weaver - Can be killed or captured during the Bail Bond mission Bail Jumper 4: Curtis Weaver.
- Steve Haines - Murdered for trying to have Michael and Trevor killed. (Deathwish Ending)
- Devin Weston - Murdered for attempting to have Michael De Santa and his family killed. (Deathwish Ending)
- "Out here, I can be mean, bullying, selfish. Do the things that make me me!"
- ―Trevor Philips
- "He's, I don't... hell walking on earth!"
- ―Michael De Santa
Trevor has been described as a difficult person to deal with: extreme, impetuous, vengeful, psychopathic, unhinged, unpredictable, untamed, infamous, homicidal, and prone to violent outbursts and destructive rampages. He does everything in a sociopathic and relentless manner, (much different from Michael). Although Trevor is like this, he is honest about it and will never show hypocrisy. He has his own charm along with his own principles. However, Dan Houser has confirmed that Trevor "may not be all he seems" and is still "too horrible" to be a hero of any kind. He is also quite insecure about being born in Canada, and takes offense to people mocking his accent. Almost all of his Rampages are caused by Trevor flying into rage over being mocked over his Canadian accent. During a mission, Ron asks Trevor about his business dealings in Canada, resulting in Trevor getting defensive and demands for Ron to clarify. Ron hastily corrects himself by asking about Trevor's business dealings in North Yankton "along the Canadian border", defusing a possible violent outburst from Trevor, thus showing his insecurity for being Canadian. Also, while hanging out with Michael and Franklin, Michael will sometimes remark "You're not even American." during a conversation. Somewhat enraged, Trevor will reply "I am! Fuck you!" and Michael will respond with "Whatever you say, eh." mocking Trevor's accent. This further shows his insecurity about being Canadian.
Grand Theft Auto series
Trevor's mere presence always puts others on edge due to his extremely short temper and unpredictable, impulsive behaviour. Ron, who is one of Trevor's friends and an unlikely one at that, is constantly terrified of him and frequently tries to appease Trevor whenever he can, especially if he is close to getting angry. Michael is also wary of him when they reunite, stepping in front of his son to protect him. Despite Ron's fear and Trevor's psychopathic behaviour, they do seem to show a level of trust to each other as Trevor usually tasks Ron to do a few missions for him such as blowing up the Lost MC fuel tank and helping him drop off cargo via a plane, as well as running Trevor Philips Enterprises in his absence. Wade, another friend, is equally scared of Trevor. Though Trevor torments and punches Wade often, this bullying extends to Wade's cousin, Floyd, as well. In the Merryweather Heist, he gets angry quickly when his score is compromised. In the offshore ending, he gets so angry that he rams his face onto a wooden board and repeatedly smashes his face on it.
Out the three protagonists, Trevor can be said to be a true psychopath, as he easily kills with no remorse, has the typical parental issues (abandoned by his father and sensitive about his mother), is a pyromaniac, frequently abducts people and takes them to the Altruist Cult (the cult in question is implied to be made up of cannibalistic killers of which Trevor seems to be aware of) which he calls his "friends in the mountains" and has the habit of making sadistic jokes about his victims. For example, Trevor makes a joke about the piece of Johnny Klebitz's brain left under his boot after he killed him, and telling Elwood O'Neil over the phone that Elwood had "too many brothers" and that they needed "culling". When Trevor kills Johnny, he demands that Johnny get up to face him, apparently unaware that he killed him. It is extremely unlikely that he cared though due to his plans to get rid of The Lost and how enraged he was with Johnny. In conflict with this behaviour however, is his protectiveness of Michael's family and his apparent grief when he thought Michael was dead, which shows a level of emotion not common in most sociopaths as they usually have little to no positive emotions for other people. In addition to this he refused to leave Michael in the prologue, while he was on the ground after being shot. Trevor seems to only care about the people very close to him and he can be truly loyal to them, which specifically includes his mother, Patricia Madrazo, Maude, Michael, and later on even Franklin. Brad's death affected him harshly, leaving him to blame Michael for what happened nine years ago back in North Yankton.
In contrast with his heavily sociopathic behaviour, he has shown many times how needy he is for love and care. He tells Michael repeatedly how much he mourned him, to the point that he got a memorial tattoo with Michael's name on it. As he was being confronted by Floyd and Debra, he told them how much he wanted to be with them. His relationship with Patricia was also a display of true love and, in his words, he enjoyed a lot the time spent with her.
Despite his weak relationship with Amanda and having a strained friendship with Michael, Trevor surprisingly cares for Jimmy and Tracey, viewing them as surrogate niece and nephew. Evidence of his caring is chasing Lazlow Jones when he does a sexual pose against Tracey as she performs a stripper-like dance and forcing him to take off his pants and dance in his underwear. Also, he will not allow Jimmy to drink alcohol when hanging out with him. Despite this, Trevor will insult Jimmy and Tracey when he encounters them outside of missions.
Trevor also seems to sometimes dwell on respect. When Wade calls Ashley a "bitch", Trevor asks him if he thinks it's clever to disrespect women. He also often tells some of his friends to show some respect to himself, and also sometimes even others. When Wade is covered in what seems like waste, Wade's cousin suggests to call the heist off, but Trevor responds by telling him to respect Wade for what he went through and so he should carry on with the heist.
Trevor, despite his heartless behaviour, possesses an awareness for guilt. This is seen in the Strangers and Freaks mission Minute Man Blues in which Manuel; one of the innocent men captured by Trevor and the Civil Border Patrol members Joe and Josef on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant in the previous mission An American Welcome, stands up to Trevor fearlessly despite the latter pointing a gun at him, and claims he and his family have migrated to America since more than 200 years ago, saying that he is more American than Trevor is. He criticizes Trevor for disregarding civil rights with "Trevor's friends", who are harassing innocent legal immigrants and, in Trevor's case, in return for money. He adds that, unlike the Civil Border Patrol; he will not give Trevor a single cent for helping him to stop the Civil Border Patrol. Fueled by this and Trevor having already felt the Civil Border Patrol's actions were indeed illegal, he storms into a rage and hunts down and puts and end to the Civil Border Patrol once and for all. Also, when Trevor runs over a main character, he will often scream "No!" in panic, although he may instead blame the person for being in his way in an un-concerned way.
Trevor uses threats of sexual violence in order to show his dominance over other men, as well as enjoying making them uncomfortable. Many of his sarcastic remarks have been misinterpreted as sincere statements by players. He seems to take it a step further with Floyd, as there are many things that suggest a sexual relationship. Notably, if the player switches to Trevor during his stay at Floyd’s condo, sometimes Trevor can be seen looking over Floyd as he lays in the fetal position wearing women's clothing, uttering an apology to Debra while sobbing. However this could just be Trevor showing his dominance by humiliating Floyd. Also, if the player chooses to catch Ralph Ostrowski, Trevor implies that he sexually abused men while in prison. It should be noted that this behaviour is only present when in the presence of weak people such as Ron, Wade, Floyd, and a meth addicted Johnny Klebitz.
By the other hand, he respects and encourages bravery on his friends and partners in crime. During job preparations, he often tends to taunt and call out anyone who shows a sign of doubt, fear or weakness, and when they get back angrily at him, Trevor applauds and approves their reaction as a way to man them up.
In spite of his erratic and chaotic nature, Trevor is incredibly focused and professional on the jobs at hand. He can follow the plans strictly and also he has proven to have great ideas for big jobs and lead them successfully, These include stealing the drug stashes belonging to many dangerous groups and stealing a multi-million secret weapon from a heavily armed security group. However, these operations were failures since they lacked a prior careful inspection and were performed hastily (one being a police sting, the other putting the crew in extreme danger worldwide).
Trevor has shown a number of hints that he feels sexual attraction towards men too, besides his normal sexual dominant behaviour towards weaker men. He showed certain interests in the "stag do running man" random encounter. In the mission I Fought The Law, Trevor touches the private parts of one of the guys as he's dressed as a police man. During a drinking outing with Franklin, he admits he has previously performed fellatio on men (I'd rather suck a dick than smoke weed... and trust me, I've done both!). In another conversation during an outing with Michael and Franklin at the same, time, he admits he's bisexual after Franklin asked him whether he's gay or not.
Trevor is shown to be disgusted by racism, misogyny, as well as self-righteous and hypocritical attitudes which he considers "fake." He criticizes the Minute Men and the LSPD for their racist behaviour, reprimands Wade for his remarks toward Ashley, and threatens Martin for mistreating Patricia. After torturing Ferdinand Kerimov, he mocks the FIB's use of torture as a means of interrogation, claiming it is only a method of showing dominance and that the government fails to admit this.
While it is never stated in-game, Trevor shows textbook signs of Intermittent Explosive Disorder; a mental condition which includes episodes of impulsive behaviour that could result in serious damage to anyone and anything around them, aggression grossly disproportionate to what provoked it, and episodic violence that cannot be categorized with any other existing mental and physical medical condition.
Trevor also appears to suffer from Coulrophobia, since in Grass Roots mission for Barry, dialogue suggests that Trevor once was or still is scared of clowns, saying such things as "I'm a big boy now" and "you can't hurt me anymore" (paraphrasing). He might also ask the clowns "Are there any more sex offenders out there!?" This implies that as a child Trevor was sexually assaulted by a clown when he was young thus causing his fear of clowns. Additionally, when you get Lamar, Franklin, and Trevor to hang out together off mission, Franklin will mention he's sitting next to "Two Clowns" (Trevor and Lamar) Trevor then starts to get a little worried asking "Clown? Where?!" which may prove he is still scared of clowns.
Although very rarely seen in game, Trevor appears to be secretly ashamed and a bit scared of his personality. When hanging out with both Michael and Franklin simultaneously, Trevor might reveal in an ashamed tone that he doesn't want his mother to see him like this. If Trevor hangs out with Lamar enough times, he will admit to Lamar that sometimes he realizes how he's thinking (fixation on violence, horrible brutalities etc.) and gets scared of himself. If Trevor huff gas on his trailer porch, he may sometimes mutter that he feels suicidal. This could hint that all the reckless stunts Trevor commits (such as flying a crop duster inside a cargo plane while getting shot at with an RPG) might be subconscious attempts of getting killed. When drunk with Franklin, Trevor talks about being lonely and asks Franklin to hold him. When Franklin replies with jokes, Trevor starts crying; "Why are you joking!? I said I'm lonely!".
While Trevor is often controlling, loud, and willing to hurt anyone who he perceives as a threat in some way, whether physically or mentally, he is terrified by his mother. Upon meeting her in his trailer in the mission Mrs. Philips, he speaks incoherent sentences, is unable to answer questions and runs off to do the job she assigns to him without questioning it.
Trevor is also extremely talented at mathematics. According to Wade, Trevor is "really good with numbers" and can solve even the most difficult of math problems in his head in a matter of seconds without much, if any hesitation as seen in the Depository heist.
Relationships With Other Characters
- "Bring me my coffee or I'm gonna cut your arm off!"
- ―Trevor in his own trailer.
Michael De Santa - Trevor and Michael grew a likeness for one another after they began to rob several banks back in the day. But somewhere in that time, both men had a falling out which led to a rift in their friendship. At one point in the game, the two had a standoff in North Yankton after Trevor found out the truth. Wei Cheng's henchmen arrived, so Trevor escaped and left Michael to fight them off, but only for him to be captured by more goons. Trevor mostly puts Michael on the spot, calling him a "snake" or "worthless wretch" because he claims Michael stabbed him in the back. Even though they're not on the right page at times, they're able to get along at other times during the story and when they're hanging out. After Franklin rescues Michael from Wei Cheng's goons, Michael can be selected and run into Trevor on the street (vice versa). Should this happen, there will be a hostile conversation between the two about their friendship. Trevor seems to have a strange bond with Michael as shown by the fact that Trevor tolerates some of his betrayals and occasional references to Trevor's Canadian roots, whereas anyone else is usually killed for far less.
Ron Jakowski - Ron is Trevor's best friend, and since Trevor can't have many friends for many reasons, (including the area that both men live in), he is the closest friend besides Michael. Despite this, Ron is always paranoid and terrified to spend time with Trevor. Despite Ron often being on the end of Trevor's temper, Trevor often places high levels of trust in Ron, such as allowing Ron to run TP Enterprises in Trevor's absence. When introducing Ron to Michael, Trevor describes Ron as a "good guy, very loyal" and after Ron sources getaway vehicles for the duo in Derailed, Trevor describes Ron as "dependable".
Amanda De Santa - Amanda doesn't seem to like Trevor. At one point, she tells Michael about her hate for him and tells him not to bring him anywhere near her or the children. At one point in-game, Trevor is seen "complementing" her breasts, saying "nice new tits by the way!". If Trevor gets inside Michael's house (while Michael's family are still living there), if he interacts with Amanda they will have a slightly friendly conversation, even though Amanda hates him. After the end of the game (if Trevor survives) Amanda will reply sarcastically to Trevor should the two converse. Trevor will also ask her if she is glad that he and Michael are friends again.
Franklin Clinton - Trevor is introduced to Franklin by Michael. They seem to be very good partners after a while. Franklin seems to be one of the very few people who doesn't feel intimidated by Trevor's rage fits. In fact, he usually manages to cool him down in a collected manner. In the optional ending that involves killing Trevor, he protests that he's been nothing but straight and true with him. In the ending where Franklin kills Michael, he would cut off ties with him and claim that he's dead to him. Should all three protagonists survive, Trevor will tell Franklin that he's "proud" of him when they hang out.
Floyd Hebert - Floyd appears to be terrified of Trevor. He's forced by Trevor to help him in his crimes, under menace of having his home and furniture trashed. In the mission Hang Ten, he finally decides to stand up to Trevor, along with his girlfriend Debra, demanding him to leave their condo. After a great discussion, Debra draws a gun against Trevor and Floyd draws a knife to defend himself, making Trevor kill both of them off-screen.
Mrs. Philips - Trevor's mother is only seen during the Strangers and Freaks mission Mrs. Philips. Before the events of the game she was a stripper/prostitute, as seen in hers and Trevor's comments (he states this sometimes when having a private dance). She was also an inmate and became disappointed in Trevor because he never wrote or visited her. She asks if Trevor found a woman yet and does not let him answer the question. She asks if he's gay, because she has no problem with it. After the mission, she disappears, implying that their meeting was a hallucination on Trevor's part, and Trevor is seen crying on the floor. She is highly respected by Trevor, and he gets highly insulted should anyone mention anything about her, even if the comment was positive. She is also the only known person Trevor is afraid of.
Patricia Madrazo - Upon meeting her while visiting her husband's house, Trevor displayed interest in her. When Martin refuses to pay him, Trevor kidnapped Patricia and held her hostage at his trailer in Sandy Shores. As time goes on, Patricia is no longer tied up and is seen cooking meals for Trevor, which leads Michael to suggest both have contracted Stockholm syndrome. Trevor soon becomes protective of Patricia, and admits that he loves her and vice versa. When he is forced to return her to Martin, he does so tearfully and promises to rip off Martin's other ear if Trevor finds out he has been mistreating Patricia yet again. For the rest of the game, Patricia will secretly call Trevor on occasion.
Lamar Davis - Lamar first met Trevor during the mission Hood Safari. During this time, Lamar repeatedly asked Franklin who Trevor was but soon grew to like him, even nicknaming him "Crazy Dude" due to Trevor's behaviour. He will also warmly greet Trevor when meeting him during Lamar Down.
Steve Haines - Trevor first meets corrupt FIB agent Steve Haines during a job to extract Ferdinand Kerimov from the IAA headquarters. Haines forces him, Michael De Santa, and Franklin Clinton into his operations and to torture Kerimov into retrieving information onto assassinating a suspected terrorist called Tahir Javan. He also gets the protagonists into performing several heists for him, such as hijacking a security van containing IAA money from drug deals; robbing a corrupt bank in Paleto Bay in order to obtain funds to raiding an IAA compound and steal an experimental neurotoxin that was going to be used by the IAA to launch terrorist attacks and receive funds from the government as well as breaking into the FIB building to steal compromising information about Haines. However, more and more suspicion from the Bureau falls on Haines, causing him to become extremely paranoid. He, along with agent Andreas Sanchez, confronts Michael and agent Dave Norton at the Kortz Center and attempts to have them framed and arrested to cover his involvement in the raid. After an ambush consisting IAA, Merryweather and rival FIB forces, Haines escapes, leaving Michael and Norton to die, however they manage to shoot their way out, with the assistance of Trevor, who wants Michael in for the "Big Score" - robbing the Union Depository. After the shootout, an infuriated Haines wishes to have Trevor killed, along with Michael and Franklin. Unfortunately, Haines wants Trevor dead, but is willing to spare Franklin and Michael. Haines tasks Franklin with killing Trevor. If "Deathwish" is chosen, the protagonists team up and take down Haines' corrupt FIB unit and Weston's private Merryweather battalion at a foundry, after which Michael and Franklin kill Ballas gangster Stretch and Chinese gangster Wei Cheng, while Trevor tracks down Haines, who is shooting an episode of his show at Del Perro Pier. While Haines is talking infront the cameraman, Trevor takes out a sniper rifle (or any other weapon, based on the player's choice) and shoots Haines, killing him.
Devin Weston - Trevor meets eccentric billionaire Devin Weston for the first time during a meeting with Steve Haines. He first offers Michael an opportunity to produce a film with Michael's idol - movie producer Solomon Richards and also offers Franklin and Trevor a deal to steal five rare cars, which Weston will sell to government officials in China and then will pay them. However, Devin soon refuses to pay Michael, along with Trevor and Franklin for their jobs and after Michael accidentally gets his lawyer killed, Devin sends a platoon of Merryweather men to kill his family. However, Michael manages to save his family. This incident leads Devin to hire Franklin to murder Michael. If "Deathwish" is chosen, Trevor, Michael and Franklin take out Haines' corrupt FIB unit and Weston's Merryweather battalion at a foundry, after which they kill Haines, Stretch and Wei Cheng. After killing Haines, Trevor kidnaps Devin from his mansion and shoves him inside the trunk of one of his classic cars and drives him to a cliff, located at the foothills of Mount Chiliad and waits for Michael and Franklin. Michael and Franklin later show up and the three protagonists taunt a beaten Devin for their victory, before pushing the car (with him still inside the trunk of the car) off the cliff. The car repeatedly crashes into several rocks along the way, until it finally hits the ground of the ocean and explodes, killing Weston.
Trevor is of athletic build and is 6' 1¼" (1.86 m) tall and weighs 206 lbs (93 kg). He has brown eyes and receeding dark brown hair.
He also has several cuts on his face along with several tattoos including one along his neck featuring a dotted line and the words "CUT HERE," and a memorial tattoo for Michael on his shoulder, as well as a flying bird behind his ear, blazing skull on his left hand and the words "FUCK YOU" across his knuckles. Trevor has a visible scar on his abdomen from what looks to be a knife wound. Trevor also has numerous sores or boils over his lower stomach and back, likely from his drug addictions.
Trevor's default outfit is a plain and dirty white V-neck, ripped up dirty blue jeans or sweat pants and a pair of brown boots. He is seen in one screenshot with a different outfit on - a jean jacket with a half buttoned up shirt along with a white undershirt and a pair of blue jeans. Also, in some screenshots, during the second Grand Theft Auto V trailer and wearing his default outfit, he is seen wearing a calculator watch on his left wrist.
During the Prologue mission, which took place 9 years before the game's events, Trevor sports a different appearance. He isn't bald (although his hairline has started to retreat and there's a small bald spot on the back of his head), has a mullet covering his entire back of the neck, and sports a mustache. These facial features can be purchased at Barbers around Los Santos, although Trevor will still look bald with the mullet, like all his hair options. He also lacks his "CUT HERE" tattoo.
He seems fond of buying cheap clothing from Binco and the Discount Shop, while he shows total disdain for buying clothes from Ponsonby's. Some characters also mention that he is an extremely untidy and messy person when it comes to clothes and hygiene. When Michael and Trevor reunite, Michael claims Trevor "smells of piss" and has blood under his fingernails. During the Paleto Score Setup, Michael calls Trevor a "proto-hipster" because his clothes are never clean and never fit. Also, Lamar Davis claims that Trevor has a "smell of ass on the distance of three meters."
Skills and attributes
Because he is a former military aviation pilot, he is skilled in both combat and piloting aircraft like helicopters. In the mission Game Informer saw, Trevor was the one that flew the team to the skyscraper they needed to get their target out of. In the aftermath, as the team was pursued by law enforcement helicopters, he proved to be an able pilot under pressure.
Trevor is also the master of greed, ambition, and insanity (along with Michael and Franklin), and is seen in many GTA V screenshots performing many challenging (and some illegal) stunts. Some of those stunts include base jumping, jet-skiing, murdering, property destruction, arson, jumping out from moving vehicles and getting chased by the cops.
Wade also said that Trevor is "good with numbers", implying that he has good mathematical skills. This is confirmed during small talk with a bank executive during the Subtle approach to the final heist; upon being told the number of gold bricks they are stealing and the size of each one, Trevor rattles off the exact amount of gold they have before the executive can finish entering the above information into his calculator. Trevor also has an excellent perception and intuition, being the only one to figure out that the brick of coke Franklin and Lamar were buying from the Ballas at Grove Street was actually drywall.
He also proved to be a good strategist and planner. He alone pulled a successful heist on Merryweather Security Consulting, and he's been able to keep his relatively small organization peaking up in the drug and arms dealing against other bigger and more dangerous groups like the Aztecas, The Lost or the Marabunta Grande.
He also proved to be a powerful hand-to-hand combatant, usually knocking down people with a single punch in several cutscenes. He's strong enough to lift and throw people off ledges in several of his switch scenes.
Trevor's special ability is Invulnerability. While active, Trevor can take an excessive amount of damage without dying as well as a special melee attack that he can perform. By enhancing this skill, you increase its maximum storage capacity, which directly affects its duration. Trevor's Special skill lasts for 30 seconds when the Stat Bar for Special skill has been maxed out. While in the ability, he can survive hits from trains, Rhino tank canon shots and being bitten by a mountain lion.
- GTA V
For the list of Trevor Philips's mission appearances, see Trevor Philips/Appearances.
- GTA Online
- Romance Isn't Dead
- Lost My Mind (Boss)
- Turbine Carbine
- Crystal Clear Out (Boss)
- Out of Harmony (Boss)
- Satellite Communications (Boss)
- Method in the Madness (Boss)
- Chopper Tail (Boss)
- Diamonds are for Trevor (Boss)
- Chop Chop (Boss)
- Potshot (Boss)
- Close Action (Boss)
- Series A - Coke (Boss)
- Series A - Trash Truck (Boss)
- Series A - Bikers (Boss)
- Series A - Weed (Boss)
- Series A - Steal Meth (Boss)
- Series A Funding (Boss)
Trevor has had very positive responses from many fans of GTA V and professional video game critics about his "fuck off!" personality, and extreme behaviour. Trevor's grand appearance during the GI demo, is considered an unforgettable one and sets up the character nicely, (the camera is zoomed in on Trevor's face but then zooms out to show him sitting on the toilet fighting constipation while yelling the famous quote, "I need a fucking midwife for this thing!").
Dan Houser's Description of Trevor
"Trevor appeared to us pretty much out of nowhere as the embodiment of another side of criminality – of freedom, and of doing what you want. If Michael was meant to be the idea of some version of criminal control – or some sort of bourgeois criminal who tries to go straight and gets sucked back in – what about the guy who didn't do that? What about the opposite guy? What about the guy who just says ‘fuck off’ every moment, is relentless, doesn't want to stop taking drugs, doesn't want to stop partying, doesn't want to be told 'no' by anyone, and just completely revels in chaos?"
"Trevor was the other side of the GTA coin, I suppose. He's the person who's driven purely by desire, resentment, no thought for tomorrow whatsoever, completely id rather than ego-driven. Constant partying, constant madness. The only thing he doesn't want to do is stop. He wants to keep going and ride it all to the end. Won't take an insult from anybody. Kills without remorse, like a true psychopath, but very sentimental for the right reasons when it suits him. That seemed like another side of the kind of GTA coin or the GTA world, but very rarely as the protagonist. That seemed an interesting guy to have as a protagonist. Very unlike anyone we've had in a game before. If you began to develop him and Michael and their previous relationships... We wanted this feeling where you start off thinking one's good and the other's awful. Then you get spun the other way. Then you get spun back the first way, until you can't decide."
- "Well, why we don't just ask him then, huh? Hey, hey, cowboy, do you mind that I fucked your old lady? Sorry, what was that? What? No, no? You don't mind? Oh, because you're a dead man, and the only sentient part of you left is this little bit of brain in the gristle on the end of my boot? Well, thank you very much, cowboy." - Trevor to Terry and Clay after Johnny's death.
- "Now go, I need to meditate. Or masturbate. Or both..." - Trevor talking with Ron.
- "I hear a little bird tellin' me that they have a bit of a problem, since one of then is going to have to be surgically removed from the skull of the other. Fuck you guys and fuck them!" - Trevor after discovering that the O'Neil Brothers took his contract.
- "You're looking at it rationally - there are people who are useful to you, and people who ain't, and the people who ain't got to go. Me. I'm not rational. I don't care if you're useful or not. I feel like taking you out, Devo, so that's what I'm doing." - Trevor to Devin Weston before killing him.
- "I think I would recognise my own underwear, now give them back!" - Trevor to a random muscle man on Vespucci Beach.
- "Never eat Indian people!" - Trevor after vomiting in a public fountain.
- "Massage me, motherfucker!" - Trevor to Floyd.
- "Hey, by any chance did you catch crabs at that conference? I hear those conferences are regular little fuck fests, eh." - Trevor to Debra.
- "Well, loyalty is important. Let me put it that way... loyalty is important. I mean, that's the only code you need. Loyalty is the code. Kill strangers. Protect friends. Eat enemies." - Trevor to Franklin, while hanging out.
- While a naturalized American citizen who almost never speaks of it, Trevor is the first known Canadian character in the Grand Theft Auto series. He is also shown he is sensitive of the fact as three of his five rampages are started by the mention of his nationality.
- Trevor's initial back-story was that he grew up in the rural American backwoods. However, when Canadian actor Steven Ogg was hired to voice the character, the producers decided to work Ogg's thick Canadian accent into the character. As a result, Trevor's origins were changed and the character was now purported to have grown up "near the Canadian border." Trevor's Canadian origins are something of an in-joke throughout the game, as countless characters express anti-Canadian sentiment.
- Trevor may have been born in Alberta, as it is stereotyped to have rednecks and is near the midwest border. Coincidentally, Steven Ogg was born in Calgary, the largest city in Alberta.
- While Michael De Santa and Franklin Clinton have the ability to kindly greet people when the player presses right on the control pad, Trevor on the opposite hand can only taunt people, leading them to either run away or fight him.
- In Trevor's trailer, there is a flag on the wall with the emblem of a special forces unit called the Special Airborne Unit with the Latin motto 'Confide Nemini'. This could have been the unit that he was training in before his discharge. Trevor can also buy a Lonewolf jacket from SubUrban which has the same logo on the back.
- Trevor gives several hints across the game that he enjoys older women. In the mission Hood Safari, if Trevor uses the Seashark that the stunt woman is tied in, he says "that's why I prefer older women" when she starts to scream. In the Strangers and Freaks mission Vinewood Souvenirs - The Last Act, he says to Al Di Napoli that "older woman should be appreciated, like a fine cheese". Patricia Madrazo, the only woman in the game apart from his mother that he really likes and respect, is clearly older than him. Mary-Ann Quinn is younger than him, but still pushing 40, and he develops an instant attraction to her. On the other hand, Trevor can optionally set up booty calls with Ursula, a random character who is much younger than he is, as well as strippers from the Vanilla Unicorn who likewise are in their 20s.
- He sometimes refers to his company's name as "Trevor Philips Industries" and "Trevor Philips Enterprises." Rarely, he can be heard saying "TP Conglomerate" like in the mission Scouting the Port.
- Trevor's favorite radio stations are Channel X and Los Santos Rock Radio. This can be assumed because Los Santos Rock Radio plays on the radio in his trailer, Floyd's Apartment, and his liquor store/meth lab.
- Switching to Trevor from another character is a crapshoot. While Michael and Franklin will usually be involved in mundane tasks or simply driving around, Trevor is often in the midst of some unusual activities.
- In GTA Online, if playing as a a female character, Trevor will get angry because he claims the character's ruining his business without calling, writing or sending an "Inappropriate selfie of your tits". He will then tell the character that he loves her.
- The only time Trevor ever mentions his deceased brother Ryan is when talking to a man dressed as a zombie on Vinewood Boulevard in which he comments "You remind me of my brother Ryan."
- Trevor sleeps for the longest time of all the 3 characters. When saving the game as Trevor, the game skips ahead 12 hours. Franklin sleeps for 8, while Michael sleeps for 6. One of the withdrawal symptoms of methamphetamine is sleepiness and fatigue which may explain why he sleeps the longest.
- While playing Golf, Trevor says that he was the Canadian Under 18 Champion and claims he almost turned professional.
- He is the only main character to not be involved in all of the heists. In particular, he is not involved in The Jewel Store Job, since he had yet to be re-introduced as a playable character, and in The Bureau Raid, due to his feud with Michael.
- If the player visits the in-game website PsychicShoutout and speaks with Miss Marcy as Trevor, he will hold his own penis and ask her what he is holding in his hand. She will describe his penis as small, frayed with over use and special for him, making Trevor impressed that she guessed right. Miss Marcy will then ask Trevor if his mother is proud of him, which immediately makes Trevor very angry at her for mentioning his mother, he asks what she knows about his mother and if she is alive or coming through Miss Marcy. Miss Marcy then ends the conversation.
- Trevor is the only playable character who can never enter Los Santos International Airport without obtaining a wanted level, as he is unable to purchase a hangar there because he owns one (two if you purchase the McKenzie Field Hangar) in Blaine County.
- Sometimes, the LSPD can be heard taunting Trevor personally over the loudspeaker, shouting things like "Get down right now, Trevor!". This implies that he has had enough run-ins with the LSPD for them to know him personally.
- Ironically, despite being the most violent of the trio and the most willing to take risks, Trevor fulfills the "less" dangerous role in 3 of the 4 heists in which he is present. In The Merryweather Heist (Freighter option) he stays behind with the mini-submarine while Michael and Franklin fight the soldiers. In Blitz Play he stays back and provides cover while again Franklin and Michael fight the police officers and in The Big Score (obvious approach) he waits with the chopper to transport the gold while Michael simulates a robbery in the Union Depository and Franklin steals the gold. This could be because of his potent distrust in Michael, fearing that he could be betrayed once more by his former partner if he didn't have eyes on him at all times.
- In Blitz Play, he says something along the lines of "I'm okay with this as long as I'm not on the ground."
- Sometimes, when visiting Sandy Shores as Franklin or Michael, he can appear in his yard drunk, drinking alcohol and throwing Grenades. If the player switches to Trevor while he is doing this, the grenades will disappear and he will have sobered up.
- The police will not react to him, even if he kills a sheriff. Also, Trevor will not stop throwing grenades, even if the player is in the way. Interestingly, his grenades will knock cars and trucks around, as the grenades are scripted to land in the same place.
- During friendship activities with Franklin, Trevor reveals that if he wasn't expelled from school, he may have had a profession in the arts, such as a singer or an artist. He claims that he has something "very big" to tell the world, but doesn't quite know what it is.
- Trevor has spade tattoo on his right forearm and dagger tattoo on his left one on his artworks, despite him not having them in the final game. It is possible to can buy two dagger tattoos in the game, one for each forearm. The dagger on his right forearm in the game is the one that's pictured on his left one in the artwork, and the dagger on his left forearm in the game has a dragon around it.
- One of the daggers looks exactly like the knife in Red Dead Redemption, another game edited by Rockstar Games.
- Trevor's personality is likely based on the character Waingro from the movie Heat.
- Only one of Trevor's default tattoos can be removed: R.I.P Michael. This was most likely done so that players could remove/replace the tattoo once Trevor found out Michael was still alive.
- One of Trevor's screenshots below shows him wearing a green bandanna. However, Trevor never acquires the mask in actual gameplay and bandannas can only be worn by Franklin.
- Trevor's signature color is orange.
- The selection of the protagonist's signature colors may also be a reflection of the character's personalities and/or their individual story arcs. Orange is the color of amusement and madness, reflecting Trevor's chaotic and eccentric lifestyle, his destructive habits and his persistent dark humor.
- Trevor can wear Patricia Madrazo's clothes, they are found in his wardrobe. They could be a symbol of remembrance to him of Patricia or suggest he likes wearing women's clothing, as he can also wear dresses.
- Unlike Michael and Franklin, at the social club overview page, Trevor's business card amusingly states "None of your business card."
- Despite being scared of clowns, Trevor can get a large tattoo of a clown on his torso with some text reading "sleep tight."
- If Trevor comes into close proximity of any The Lost MC members, they immediately turn hostile towards him. This is particularly an issue when driving past Hookies where Lost members often hang out and they're often also seen driving away from the restaurant as Trevor approaches.
- Trevor is offended when people mock him for being Canadian, but he commonly teases others who have accents. This is seen when Mrs. Thornhill says Car park as opposed to the American term Parking lot in "Vinewood Souvenirs - Al Di Napoli", to which Trevor puts on a high pitched English accent and repeats Car park and when he talks with Wei Cheng, when he mocks the latter's Chinese accent.
- It is possible to see Trevor's genitals when he is wearing a dress, making it the second instance in Grand Theft Auto history that genitalia are exposed, after Thomas Stubbs III during the cutscene of "Politics" in The Lost and Damned. They are also briefly seen in the opening cutscene of "Scouting the Port".
- When following him as Franklin or Michael, he will headbutt whoever between them is controlled by the player.
- This is in contrast to Michael and Franklin, when following one while playing as the other plus Trevor. Michael or Franklin (depends on who is being followed) will punch whoever between the two is controlled by the player plus Trevor.
- GameInformer December issue.
- - Info from POLYGON about Trevor,
- - Info from Guardian.
-  - Info from a translated interview with Dan Houser.
-  - Another translated interview with Dan Houser.
|Online Player • Simeon Yetarian • Gerald • Lester Crest • Martin Madrazo • Trevor Philips • Ron Jakowski • Lamar Davis • Agent 14 • Paige Harris • JT Boyd • Mechanic • Niko Bellic • Claude • Misty • John Marston|