- "I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ignore the bodies!"
- ―Trevor Phillips.
The history about Trevor is that he has a very sketchy background but at some point in the late 80s - early 90s, Trevor entered the military as a pilot and retired in the early 2000s (by this time he'd be in his early 30s, by which point a soldier is too old for service). Somewhere in the early 2000s, Trevor met Michael. Both men realized that they had a flare for robbery so Trevor decided to join Michael on heist jobs. Both became majorly successful in several heist jobs.
At some point in time both men had a falling out, causing a major rift in their friendship, (some believe that it was Michael's deal with the FIB that caused said rift).
Events of GTA V
By the events of the game, Trevor is living in a trash-riddled, filthy trailer in the desert of Blaine County next to his best friend Ron, a paranoid conspiracy theorist, living next to him. Because Trevor ended up spending all of his money that he earned during his robbery days, he needs to get back into the deadly game of robbery.
Trevor has been described as a difficult person to deal with, extreme, impetuous, vengeful, psychotic, unhinged, unpredictable, untamed, infamous, and prone to violent outbursts and destructive rampages - in the second trailer he smashed an unknown person's head into a bar counter and was then seen setting a house on fire and walking out of the area without a care in sight. He does everything in an awful and relentless manner, (much different from Michael). Although Trevor is this kind of person, he is also honest about it and will never show hypocrisy and he will also have his own charm along with his own principals (his principals being different from Michael's). But, Dan Houser has confirmed that Trevor may not be all he seems but is still too horrible to be a hero kind.
Relationships With Other Characters
"Hand me my coffee or I'll cut your arm off!"
- Michael - Trevor and Michael grew a likeness for one another after they began to rob several banks back in the day. But somewhere in that time, both men had a falling out which led to a rift in their friendship.
Ron - Ron is Trevor's best buddy, and since Trevor can't have many friends for many reasons, (including the area in which both men live in), he is the closest friend beside Michael. But Ron is always paranoid but terrified to spend time with Trevor, (Ron being a paranoid conspiracy theorist)
Amanda - Amanda doesn't seen to like Trevor. At one point, she tells Michael about her hate for him and tells him not to bring him anywhere near her or the children. At one point in-game, Trevor is seen complementing her breasts, saying "nice new tits by the way!"
The years haven't been kind to Trevor, as he is balding and disheveled and a very dirty person. He is frequently seen wearing a plain and dirty white v-neck, ripped up dirty blue jeans or sweat pants and a pair of black boots to match. He is seen in one screenshot with a different outfit on - a jean jacket with a half buttoned up shirt along with a white undershirt and a pair of blue jeans to match. He also has several cuts on his face along with several tattoos (the famous tattoo of "CUT HERE" with the dotted line going across his neck, a dagger on his lower left arm, a flower on his upper left hand and last but not least, the words fuck on his left fingers and you on his right fingers). Also, in some screenshots and during the second Grand Theft Auto V trailer, he is seen wearing a calculator watch on his left wrist. Trevor is average when it comes to weight and build. He isn't overweight, but at the same time, he isn't muscular either. Trevor looks to be based on Sean Connery from the film "The Anderson Tapes".
Skills and attributes
Because he is a former military aviation pilot, he is skilled in both combat and piloting aircraft like helicopters. In the mission Game Informer saw, Trevor was the one that flew the team to the skyscraper they needed to get their target out of. In the aftermath, as the team was pursued by law enforcement helicopters, he proved to be an able pilot under pressure. Trevor is also the master of greed, ambition, and insanity (along with Michael and Franklin), and is seen in many GTA V screenshots performing many challenging (and some illegal) stunts. Some of those stunts include base jumping, jetskiing, murdering, property destruction, and getting chased by the cops.
Like Michael and Franklin, Trevor has a special ability where he can go into a violent rage, while in this rage Trevor can take less damage or inflict more damage to enemies, he also has a special melee attack as well.
- As one of the three protagonist in GTA V, Trevor will appear in almost every mission.
- It appears that Trevor will also own his own gun and crank (crank being a low purity, crystallized methamphetamine that is administered in a powder form and used to keep truck-drivers awake while on the road) business in Blaine County by the events of Grand Theft Auto V.
- As well as his fellow Protagonists, Trevor is set to appear in The Extraction.
Trevor has had very positive responses from many fans of GTA V and professional video game critics about his "f*ck off!" personality, and extreme behavior. Fans of the series claim Trevor to be a protagonist who you can play and not feel awkward about killing random people. Trevor's grand appearance during the GI demo, is considered an unforgettable one and sets up the character nicely, (the camera is zoomed in on Trevor's face but then zooms out to show him sitting on the toilet fighting constipation while yelling the famous quote, "I need a fucking midwife for this thing!").
Dan Houser's Take on Trevor
“Trevor appeared to us pretty much out of nowhere as the embodiment of another side of criminality – of freedom, and of doing what you want. If Michael was meant to be the idea of some version of criminal control – or some sort of bourgeois criminal who tries to go straight and gets sucked back in – what about the guy who didn't do that? What about the opposite guy? What about the guy who just says ‘f--- off’ every moment, is relentless, doesn't want to stop taking drugs, doesn't want to stop partying, doesn't want to be told 'no' by anyone, and just completely revels in chaos?”
"Trevor was the other side of the GTA coin, I suppose. He's the person who's driven purely by desire, resentment, no thought for tomorrow whatsoever, completely id rather than ego-driven. Constant partying, constant madness. The only thing he doesn't want to do is stop. He wants to keep going and ride it all to the end. Won't take an insult from anybody. Kills without remorse, like a true psychopath, but very sentimental for the right reasons when it suits him. That seemed like another side of the kind of GTA coin or the GTA world, but very rarely as the protagonist. That seemed an interesting guy to have as a protagonist. Very unlike anyone we've had in a game before. If you began to develop him and Michael and their previous relationships... We wanted this feeling where you start off thinking one's good and the other's awful. Then you get spun the other way. Then you get spun back the first way, until you can't decide."
- Trevor is the first protagonist in the entire GTA series to have a drug addiction and take drugs at his own will.
- Trevor was the first protagonist of GTA V to have his full name revealed.
- Trevor dons the same hairstyle as Ricardo Diaz.
- Trevor is the third protagonist to be seen in underwear (after CJ and Toni).
- The song that played in the Trevor's Trailer is "Are You Sure Hank Done It this Way" by Waylon Jennings.
- Being a former military pilot, Trevor was likely a commissioned officer, as in all branches besides the Army, only commissioned officers are allowed to become pilots. This would also mean that he has a college degree, as one is required in order to become a commissioned officer. However, it's also possible that he was enlisted in the Army and became a warrant officer (the Army is the only branch that lets warrant officers become pilots). Given that the branch he served in is currently unknown, it is ambigious whether or not he was a commissioned or warrant officer.
- GameInformer December issue.
- - Info from POLYGON about Trevor,
- - Info from Guardian
-  - Info from a translated interview with Dan Houser,  - Another translated interview with Dan Houser