Triathlons are multi-vehicule races comprised of 3 stages ; Sky diving, powerboat and street racing. The races are marked on the map by a checkered flag in BOABO, Charge Island and Normandy. Upon walking through the starting sign, the player will immediately be airlifted into the sky, given a Parachute, and subsequently fall to the ground. Boats will be waiting in the sea or river below, and the racers will attempt to land in them. The boats are raced to a beach on the island, where there are supercars loaded with tanks of nitrous oxide waiting. The cars are then raced to the finish line.
Available vehicles are :
- Outstanding wanted levels will be erased at the start of the race.
- Each race has three opponents. They all jump out of your airlift before you.
- Players can use any of the vehicles prepared for them, but once one is selected, you cannot switch it for another prepared vehicle or traffic vehicle.
- Players have 10 seconds to return to their vehicle, should they leave it before the finish line or the vehicle switch point.
- Players may sabotage other vehicles (popping tires, denting in wheels, so on), but are impossible to explode.
- Players will be disqualified if they kill the other racers, or destroy their vehicle.
First prize grants the player $1,000. The game will also be saved and the player will be shown their time to completion. Triathlons can be repeated endlessly.
- In the beginning, freefall past the other contestants, then pull your parachute. This will give you an early lead.
- Also you can choose to not pull your parachute and instead land straight in the water which gives an even greater advantage. Be careful not to plumet onto one of the boats on accident, though, as it will kill you instantly.
- It's best to build up a very big lead on both freefall and the boat race because the vehicles have a high chance of fishtailing.
- If you want to save your parachute, just freefall, you can get to your boat by freefalling near them, to get a big lead, don't open the parachute. (WARNING: this could be done only in Alderney but, if you're good enough, you could pull this one off in Algonquin and Broker
- Beat the Cock!, GTA San Andreas equivalent.