| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Café Robina, Little Havana|
|Target:||Haitian Drug Factory|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocked by:||Naval Engagement|
- "Tommy, how do you take out a snake? You bite him in the ass!"
- ― Umberto Robina
After the cutscene is over, take Pepe and find a Voodoo (located at Auntie Poulet's house or all over Little Haiti). Once found, take it and drive to the rest of the Cubans who are located just north of the pizza shop in Little Haiti, close to the Kaufman Cabs depot. Drive into the marker and a brief cutscene with Pepe talking to his friends will start to play. Then, follow them inside, if you exit the vehicle at this point you will fail the mission, you must wait until you are inside the factory gates first. Now you must plant four bombs. There are approximately 12 Haitian gangsters in and around the building with TEC-9's that will try to stop you so it helps to take them out first. After reaching the interior of the plant, place the bombs at all four locations, (be quick, once the first one is planted you will have 45 seconds to plant the rest), and head east, away from the factory. While facing the front gates, which are locked at this point, head right and you will see a staircase. Run up the staircase and onto the roof of the building. Once on the roof a cutscene will begin playing, showing the drug factory being destroyed by the bombs. After the cutscene ends, the mission is completed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Take Pepe and find a Voodoo
- Meet Pepe's boys after finding the Voodoo
- Enter the drug factory with the other gangsters
- Plant the bombs in the factory
- Evacuate the factory before the timer runs out
- Rico (optional) - Can be killed during or after the mission by Tommy Vercetti, although it does not affect the storyline.
- Pepe (optional) - Can be killed during or after the mission by Tommy Vercetti, although it does not affect the storyline.
The reward for this mission is $10,000. The Haitians are now hostile to Tommy.
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "Campesino" by Los Super Seven. The song isn't featured on any of the in-game radio stations.
- The mission is an obvious reference to the Trojan Horse, a tactic used to win the Trojan War, as told in Virgil's poem epic The Aeneid. After a ten year siege between the Greeks and Trojans, the Trojans looked out from their fortress and found an enormous wooden horse on the beach. The Trojans were informed by a lone Greek soldier that it was a gift from the Greeks, who apparently admitted defeat. However, late in the night, as the Trojans rested after a victory celebration, the Greek soldier opened a door in the wooden horse, allowing the Greek army hiding inside to escape and kill the Trojans.
- Just like in Cannon Fodder, you can kill your Cuban allies after the mission ends. However, any other Cubans in the vicinity will turn on you.
- In the opening cutscene on an earlier version of the game, Umberto says, "Hey ladies. You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna kill me a Haitian! And then, I'm gonna make love like a man. You know that, chica? Something like this." In the iOS version of the game, this line was cut, because the controversy of Cubans killing Haitians.
- A Voodoo will appear in an alley just a few blocks away from Café Robina, only in this mission. Normally, a Pony spawns in there.
- This mission is not available until all of the Haitian (Auntie Poulet) missions are completed.
- The factory will remain destroyed throughout the rest of the game.
|iPad 2 Version|