Übermacht (BAWSAQ: UMA) is a German automotive company featured in the HD Universe of Grand Theft Auto. It is likely a parody of the German automobiles manufacturer BMW. Ubermacht only has 5 vehicles in the HD Universe of Grand Theft Auto.
Every Übermacht vehicle is derived from BMW designs, usually with different bumpers and grille, as opposed to BMW's trademark "kidney grille". The term "übermacht" is German for "supremacy" or "superior", likely a jab at real-life BMW owners having an aura of superiority over the other marques when driving. Just like Benefactor, the cars have modified versions, in reference to BMW's in-house tuning division, BMW M (Motorsport). The tuning division is known as "XS". However, like Benefactor, most of the modifications are purely aesthetics. An Oracle ad parodying BMW's ad style is seen on billboards around Liberty City, including one at Star Junction.
|Vehicle||Style||Based on (HD Universse)||Notes|
|Oracle||Executive sedan|| 2002-2008 BMW 7 Series |
2009-2015 BMW 7 Series
2011-2017 BMW 6 Series
|Includes second generation appearing in Grand Theft Auto V.|
|Rebla||Crossover SUV||2003-2009 BMW X3||Only in Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Sentinel||Sports coupé||BMW M3 (2001) (Grand Theft Auto IV) BMW 335i Cabrio (Grand Theft Auto V)|
|Sentinel XS||Sports coupé||2001-2006 BMW M3 (Grand Theft Auto IV BMW M3 (2007) (Grand Theft Auto V|
|Zion||Sports coupé||2003-2010 BMW 650i Coupé||Grand Theft Auto V exclusive, XS version based on 2005-2011 BMW M6|
- There is an advert for the Zion in Morningwood with the text "DISOBEY", which is a hint of its rivalry with Obey, but also may be a parody of a billboard rivalry between BMW and Audi some years back. Another one is placed on top of a building in Downtown Vinewood, coincidentally placed in front of an Obey billboard.
- There are various cranes with Übermacht logos.
- Übermacht has a rivalry with Benefactor and Obey, just like how real life BMW competes with Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
- In GTA IV, the logo is seen as a diamond, but in GTA V the logo is seen on cranes and billboards are round. One of the reasons it changed to round is because the real life BMW logo is round.
- Examples of competitors of Ubermacht vehicles are The Zion and Feltzer, the Sentinel XS and the Schwartzer.
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Weeny • Vulcar • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|