|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Land Act Reservoir|
Land Act Dam
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocked by:||Targeted Risk|
Completing all Parachute Jumps
- "Yeah, if I don't hit your vagina on the way down."
- ―Dom Beasley
Along the shore of the Land Act Reservoir in the Tataviam Mountains, Franklin meets the same dog he discovered in Risk Assessment. Following the dog's guidance, Franklin heads to the Land Act Dam. There, he sees Dom preparing to jump from the dam without a parachute. After psyching himself up and taunting Franklin a final time, Dom jumps and, predictably, dies on impact. At this point, the player can complete the mission simply by walking away. The player can also complete the mission by jumping from the dam (there is a stairway to the left of where Dom jumped) and parachuting down to the river below.
To complete this mission, the player must:
Gold Medal Objectives
- Leap of Faith - Also jump from the Land Act Dam and land.
Daily Globe Newspaper
"A hedge fund whiz kid was found dead earlier near the Land Act Dam, in an extreme sports stunt gone horribly wrong. Dom Beasley, according to his Lifeinvader page, was a base-jumping fanatic who had become addicted to chasing ever more dangerous highs, quite possibly to over-compensate for his soulless existence in the banking industry and his lonely contribution to the human race. No parachute was found on Beasley's body, suggesting that he either jumped, was pushed, or was simply an idiot."
- The way that Dom jumps from the Land Act Dam looks strikingly similar to the way that James Bond jumps from the dam in the 1995 film 'Goldeneye'.
- There is a glitch that can cause this mission to not pop up, a video with several tips on how to force it to pop up can be seen here
- The achievement 'Leap of Faith' as well as the initial shot of Dom's jump are reference to the Assassin's Creed Series where the Leap of Faith is performed to survive jumps from extreme and fatal in-game heights.
The mission "Uncalculated Risk" starts at 23:02.