- "My Police source indicates that the FBI has mounted a surveillance operation at key locations around the city. It is too late to contact anyone and avoid incrimination, so you must take out these spying cops, but be careful...they're bound to have back up."
- ― Asuka Kasen
Claude drops by Asuka Kasen's condo and meets her and is also introduced to her brother Kenji Kasen. Asuka informs Claude that the Leone Family are trying to assault the Yakuza territory after the assassination of Salvatore Leone, in the PC version, it is the FBI that establishes the surveillance operation. The player is required to track down and eliminate three groups of surveillance crews waiting at different spots within 6 minutes and 30 seconds, but may deal with them at any order. They include:
- Two men on an island in the Belleville Park lake, near of the Landstalker.
- Two men in a black Rumpo van in Torrington.
- Six men on the balconies of a skyscraper opposite Kenji's Casino in Torrington.
By firing the first shot at these targets or venturing too close to them, the group will fire back at the player if the player is within their sights. By wiping out all three groups, the player immediately completes the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Take out the three groups of spies
- The Rumpo used by the Leones/FBI in this mission has a unique jet black color, it means, it can not be seen as normal car in the streets, matching other vehicles used by the Leones/FBI in both GTA III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
- If Claude drives or walks below the building in Torrington, he can hear gunfire already, but will not be hit, as the gunmen are too high and are at a wrong angle to hit Claude. They can only hit him when he shoots snipers at them from Kenji's Casino.
- In the PS2 version of the game, Asuka does talk about Mafia and the subtitles match with what she says. In the PC version Asuka talks about the FBI and the subtitles don't match.