(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Civilian plane|
|Body style||Fixed wing aircraft|
|Capacity||4 (pilot and three passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
- "The Velum is a high-performance single-engine light aircraft manufactured specifically to fulfil the needs of executive travel because, let's face it, that's the only investment in aviation that happens these days."
- ―ElitasTravel.com description.
Design And Appearances
The design of the aircraft is mostly a combination between the TBM 850 and the Piper PA-46 Malibu Meridian, with a tail-fin similar to that of a Piper PA-31 Navajo. It has, in addition to the two pilot and co-pilot seats, two more passenger seats in the back, like most PA planes, and therefore two more other people can fit in the plane. They will teleport inside, as there are no back doors.
The Velum has a prominent appearance in the multiplayer mission Base Invaders, where one known to belong to Ron Jakowski/Trevor Philips Industries. must be used to fly into Fort Zancudo. Destroying the aircraft even after landing will result in failing the mission. A unique white variant is used.
Just like the TBM 850 is one of the fastest light aircraft built in real life, the Velum is also one of the fastest light aircraft in the game, (having a lower top speed than the Mallard). It also has a good responsive handling, being easy to steer and turn, therefore making it well capable of doing stunts.
Given its speed and capability to carry four passengers, it is a fairly good crew transport in GTA Online, being faster than the average helicopter, even although obviously less versatile.
- Los Santos International Airport, one is usually found in front of the hangar marked as A17, south of the main terminal.
- It can be purchased from the Elitas Travel website for $450,000.
- Sometimes spawns at the Sandy Shores Airfield.