Smokey's only residential area is a small trailer park. The town's population is estimated to be around twelve. The trailer park contains roughly six trailers and, if each trailer houses two residents, then the total population of the town is indeed twelve. It is not known if Smokey is a town in its own right or merely a tiny neighborhood or a suburb of nearby Las Venturas.
Due to it's very small size and lack of any real population Smokey can hardly be called a village. It exists as more of a locality or neighborhood likely policed by the Las Venturas Police Department. For this reason it might not be a true town at all but the first signs of the expansion of the sprawling urban mass of Las Venturas.
The town is not named in the original PS2 version of the game. However, on the Xbox and PC versions of the game, the town is named Smokey.
The town does not appear in any missions.
- Knife - beside a trailer in the trailer park.
- Random vehicles - in front of the 2 businesses.
- Hotdog - in the southern block.
- The town has 3 blocks. If looked at to the north, the street grid looks like a pistol. This is a possible reference to the town's Ammu-Nation.
- The town was given the name of Smokey in the latest version of GTA San Andreas.