Little Jacob is a Jamaican drugs and arms dealer and the Underboss of the Jamaican street gang Hillside Posse, under the command of Real Badman. Jacob is a close friend of Grand Theft Auto IV's protagonist, Niko Bellic, and his cousin, Roman.
Through GTA IV, Jacob serves as a close and trustworthy friend for Niko, giving him some of the early missions in the game, and helping him during the later parts, ultimately proving to be the closest friend for the Bellic cousins.
Little Jacob was voiced by Coolie Ranx, a musician best known for his membership in the third wave ska bands The Toasters and Pilfers.
Little is known about Jacob's life prior to Grand Theft Auto IV'. Jacob was born in Jamaica, circa 1982. At some point in his life, Jacob met Real Badman, and the two became very close friends, and eventually will form the Jamaican gang "Hillside Posse", going under the names "Little Jacob" and "Real Badman", respectively.
Life in Liberty City
At some point prior to the early 2000s, Jacob and Badman moved to Liberty City. In 2001, they both were arrested for armed robbery. The two were also arrested later two times, at the same years, only with different crimes; In 2002, Jacob was arrested for burglary, and in 2006, he was arrested for possessing Marijuana.
Jacob and Badman continued to build their gang in Liberty City, basing a cafe called Homebrew Cafe in Broker, which served as their base of operations. They also formed partnerships with the known drug baron Elizabeta Torres, and the Latin street gang, the Spanish Lords. Jacob and Badman also became enemies of the M.O.B. African-American gang, mainly a few drug dealers in Bohan. A faction of the Hillside Posse also opposed to Jacob and Badman.
Events of Grand Theft Auto IV
- "Ya Niko? The one me man Roman's been talking about all this time? Cousin Niko, gonna help Roman take over de world and ting?"
- ―Jacob meeting Niko.
Jacob first meets Niko Bellic, Roman's cousin, after the first called for Roman for a taxi. Having no other driver, Roman sends Niko to pick up Jacob. Waiting Niko on Oneida Avenue in South Slopes, Jacob tells him to drive Jacob to a meeting to Dillon Street in Schottler. During the drive to the meeting, Jacob gives Niko a Glock 22 pistol in order to watch out the meeting.
At an ally in Dillon Street, Jacob, much to his surprise, meets three rival Yardies, rather than one as he thought. The three Yardies open fire on Jacob, but he is saved by Niko, who guns down the dealers. After the failed assassination attempt on him, Jacob asks Niko to drive him to the Homebrew Cafe. After they arrive to the cafe, Jacob gives Niko his phone number, hoping to stay in contact with him.
Missions for Bellic
- "The ras clot tinks he can cold up Badman. He a fool... he's a dead fool... De boy is no match for I and I. He's nuttin!"
- ―Jacob, on the man who setted the drug deal.
After their first meeting, Niko arrives to Jacob's apartment to receive more work. Jacob comes out his apartment, and tells Niko about an attept to make peace with some of his and Badman's rivals, as well as making a drug deal wit them, however, Jacob does not trust the dealers in keeping the truce and the deal. The two drive into an apartment of the dealers at Saratoga Avenue in Willis. The dealers attempt to escape, but are taken down by Niko. Understanding that the deal was a trap, Niko and Jacob head to Savannah Avenue in Meadows Park, where the apartment of the dealers who setted up the deal is located. Niko and Jacob storm into the apartment, killing the dealers. With the dealers are dead, Jacob asks Niko to drive him to the Homebrew Cafe.
After a few days, in which, Niko has began working for the Russian Mafia, Jacob sends him a message asking him to come over his apartment to get more jobs. Entering the apartment, Niko is pinned down by Badman, who thought Niko to be an intruder. After a more proper introduction between the two, Badman and Jacob explain Niko that they have a rivaly with a drug dealer, and send Niko to eliminate the dealer, who is located in Bohan. Niko tails the dealer to a building. In the building, Niko kills the dealer and his two suppliers, ending one of Badman Jacob's rivalies. After completing the job, Niko phones Jacob to tell him about his success.
After the second job given by him, Jacob begins to hang out with Niko, eventually beginning to sell weapons to him.
After he did the last mission from Jacob, Niko is asked if he wants to continue working with Badman and Jacob, and agrees to help them in drugs deliveries. In each time, Jacob leaves Niko an old car louded with drugs, and has him drive it to clients. In some deliveries, Niko is ambushed by either the police or a rival gang, but manages to deliver.
During the last drug delivery, Jacob and Badman decide to reward Niko with a unique Jamaican Huntley Sport for helping. After completing the tenth delivery, Niko is informed by Jacob that the LCPD are cracking down, and he can no longer send Niko to delivery drugs.
- "I told ya Dimitri was a snake in grass."
- ―Jacob to Niko, regarding Dimitri's betrayal.
After Niko killed Mikhail Faustin under the orders Dimitri Rascalov, the two decide to meet in a warehouse near Broker's docks so Dimitri will give Niko his money. Jacob phones Niko, and upon hearing the meeting, decides to serve as Niko's backup in case Dimitri will betray him. Niko meets Jacob near to the enterance of the warehouse.
Jacob's thoughts are proven to be right; Dimitri reveals he has allied himself with an old enemy of Niko's Ray Bulgarin, and the two attempt to murder Niko, resulting a large shootout. Jacob helps Niko to kill Russian mobsters, but the two fail to kill Dimitri and Bulgarin, who escape the warehouse as the police arrive. Jacob and Niko manage to escape the warehouse as well, and Niko drives Jacob to the Homebrew Cafe. During the drive, Niko tells Jacob that he vowes to Dimitri and Bulgarin, while Jacob assures him the they will pay for trying to kill them.
Soon afterwards, Dimitri and Bulgarin set both Roman's apartment and Taxi depot, driving both him and Niko out of Broker to Bohan. After the incident, Jacob sends a message to Niko regarding the latest events.
Via Mallorie Bardas, Niko begins to work with Elizabeta Torres, a durg baron in Liberty City. After Niko completed her first mission, Jacob calls Niko in order to ask him if he is now working for Elizabeta. Jacob also tells him that Elizabeta is a rather good employer and even Badman himself is afraid of her.
Jacob later briefly works with Elizabeta, trying to help her in selling selling Cocaine to the Spanish Lords, only to be ripped off by them and their associates, The Angels of Death, leading to a loud arguement between the two, followed by a phone call from Elizabeta to Niko, asking him to translate Jacob's words and solve their problem.
Niko arrives to Elizabeta's apartment, stopping the arguement between her and Jacob. After hearing the situation, Niko heads to the Old Hospital in Colony Island while Jacob heads to the two's meeting point at an ally in Chase Point. Niko finds the drugs, and barely escapes the hospitel from the gangs and police who chased after him. Meeting Jacob in the ally, the two are confronted by Michelle, Niko's girlfriend, who reveals herself to be a government agent who was tasked in following Niko's actions. Michelle takes the Cocaine whilst Niko and Jacob part ways.
Jacob also calls Niko during Elizabeta's last mission, asking him if he wants to hang out with him, but Niko declines the offer, as he was tasked with bringing the corpses of his deceased associates Manny Escuela and Jay Hamilton to a doctor in Broker after Elizabeta killed them, saying that he's currently hanging out with two other friends.
Working for United Liberty Paper
Betrayed by his girlfriend, Niko begins to work for a government agency called United Liberty Paper. Niko's contact in the agency gives Niko several missions to eliminate various Russians located in the city, such as Oleg Minkov.
In one of the contact's last missions, he sends Niko to eliminate the Russian businessman Eduard Borodin, who has been financing terrorist groups. The contact decides to send Jacob as a support to Niko.
Jacob and Niko take a Maverick helicopter (previously owned by Borodin's men , but was stolen by Niko under the contact's requests), and track down Borodin's Maverick, flying over Algonquin. In order to no hurt citizens, the two follow Borodin to the sea beyond the city. Jacob pulls a Rocket Launcher and destroys Borodin's helicopter, killing the Russian businessman in the progress. Niko then flies Jacob to the helitours helipad.
Near the end of the game, Roman decides to marry to his girlfriend Mallorie, while Niko decides to work once more with Dimitri, in order to get money for Roman and himself.
Jacob, alongside Badman, attends Roman's wedding, meeting Niko and other of Roman's friend there. After the ceremony, an unknown bald man arrives, attempting to murder Niko. Niko struggles with him, and after firing a stray shot, succeeds in forcing the pistol back and shooting the assassin in the head; Roman, however, was accidentally shot and killed during the struggle. Losing to his anger, Niko begins to shoot and kick the killer's corpse, but Jacob stops him telling him that they will find Dimitri and his associate Jimmy Pegorino and make them pay.
The following day, Jacob calls Niko, telling him he found two Pegorinos. Niko and Jacob follow Pegorino's men to an old casino in Alderney. Pegorino's men begin to shoot at them, leading Jacob and Niko to hide behind their car. While Jacob is willing to fight the mobsters, Niko wants to deal with them alone, asking Jacob to bring a transportation method instead; Jacob runs away from the casino.
After Niko fought his way in the casino, withnessing Dimitri executing Pegorino, Niko chases him on aboat, while Dimitri is on a helicopter. Jacob then arrives in an Annihilator, and Niko jumps off the boat to the helicopter. The two continue their chase after Dimitri. Both helicopters are crushed on Happiness Island, leading Niko to chase Dimitri down on foot. After finishing off Dimitri, Niko and Jacob leave the island.
Near the end of the game, Roman decides to marry to his girlfriend Mallorie, while Niko decides to finish off Dimitri, finally avenging all the people that Dimitri betrayed.
Jacob, alongside Badman, attends Roman's wedding, meeting Niko and other of Roman's friend there. After the ceremony, Jimmy Pegorino arrives in a car. Armed with an AK-47, Pegorino begins to shoot at the guests, in order to kill Niko, but accidentally kills Niko's girlfriend, Kate McReary, before escaping the area. An enraged Niko is calmed down by Jacob and Roman, who promise him that they will find Pegorino.
The following day, Jacob calls Niko, telling him he and Roman found two Pegorinos. Niko, Jacob and Roman follow Pegorino's men to an old casino in Alderney. Pegorino's men begin to shoot at them, leading Jacob and Niko to hide behind their car. While Jacob and Roman are willing to fight the mobsters, Niko wants to deal with them alone, asking Jacob and Roman to bring a transportation method instead; Jacob and Roman run away from the casino.
After Niko fought his way in the casino, confronting Pegorino, Niko began to chase him on a dirt bike, while Pegorino attempt to escape on a boat. Jacob and Roman then arrives in an Annihilator, and Niko jumps off the bike to the helicopter. The two continue their chase after Dimitri. Both the helicopter and the boat are destroyed on Happiness Island, leading Niko to chase Pegorino down on foot. After finishing off Pegorino, Jacob, Niko and Roman leave the island.
Little Jacob reveals considerably less about his personal life than other friendship characters. Instead, he and Niko often insightfully discuss philosophy and concerns for other people they know. According to Badman during his random encounter, Jacob has a girlfriend that he loves very much and often treats to gifts (which Jacob mentions once himself). Jacob and Badman once had a third friend nicknamed Grandad who could keep Badman calm, but he has since then moved to Jamaica. One of Jacob's best traits is loyalty, as he always stands by Niko and goes out of his way to help him.
Jacob is a typical Rastafarian who speaks in Iyaric (terms like "I and I", "Brother" and "Rasta"), discusses Jah, Rasta and Zionist ideals with Niko, and finds most non-Ital food and weed distasteful (ironically, his first appearance in the game is a brief cutscene outside a Burger Shot and he also likes the food in Cluckin Bell). His accent is difficult to understand, but much easier in comparison on to Badman's near-impenetrable Jamaican patois, so Jacob often acts as translator. He loves reggae music, particularly the stations Tuff Gong Radio (an all-Bob Marley station) and Massive B Soundsystem 96.9. He mentions being a huge fan of reggae artist Sonny Bradshaw, calling him his "uncle" spiritually. Niko agrees that "he plays good music" but sadly he is not featured on the game's soundtrack. Jacob and Niko also both like Bobby Konders.
Jacob constantly smokes marijuana (even during the helicopter chase in Paper Trail), seeing it as "enlightenment", although other times he says he is trying to quit. He often speaks of his concern for Badman smoking too much marijuana and becoming highly paranoid (an effect that Jacob does not experience). Jacob confesses that he thinks Badman could try to kill him out of paranoia.
Jacob is a dark-tanned man with a long and curly hair tied up who often wears black sunglasses with orange lenses. Jacob also features a short circle beard. Through the game, Jacob shows three different outfits:
- Casuel outfit - Jacob's regualr outfit, in which he is seen the most. This outfit consists a large old brown jacket on black shirt that has a yellow circle on it and a pair of baige pants that are lightly held with a black belt. The outfit is completed with baige shoes.
- Second causel outfit - Often refered as the "Zebra" outfit. This outfit consists a dark-green sleeveless jacket on a green sweater with purple stripes, hence the outfit's name. Jacob is seen wearing the "Zebra" outfit during "The Snow Storm".
- Event outfit - A rather formal outfit. Similar to the Zebra outfit, this outfit consists a sleeveless jacket on a sweater, only in this outfit, the jacket is black while the sweater is white. This outfit is completed with a pair of black pants and baige shoes. Jacob is seen wearing this outfit during "Mr and Mrs Bellic" and the following mission. Jacob may also be seen wearing this outfits during hang outs and when he meets Niko to sell him wepaons.
Following the mission "Shadow", Jacob becomes available as a friend, triggered by a phone call in which he asks Niko to either hang out with him, or to drive him to a certain location. Jacob is the second friend introduced in Grand Theft Auto IV. Jacob is available between 1 PM to 4 AM.
Similar to the other friends in the game (save for Brucie Kibbutz), there are six activities that the player can do with Jacob: Drinking, Eating, Pool, Strip Club, Show, and Darts.
At 75% friendship stat, the player will unlock Jacob's special ability; weapon sell.Niko can buy Jacob's weapons at 30% discount. Jacob's weapons are unlocked gradually.
- Knife - $100
- Molotov cocktails (Incendary explosive) - $350 per unit
- Grenades (Fragmentation explosive) - $700 per unit
- Pistol (Glock 17) - $420 + $25 for each additional magazine
- Combat shotgun (Remington 11-87) - $1,500 + $100 for 10 shells
- Micro SMG (Micro Uzi) - $840 + $20 for each additional magazine
- SMG (S&W MP10) - $1,750 + $20 for each additional magazine
- Assault Rifle (AK-47) - $2,450 + $55 for each additional magazine
- Carbine Rifle (AR-15) - $3,500 + $70 for each additional magazine
- Combat Sniper (PSG-1)- $5,000 + $500 for each additional magazine
Used by him
- Glock - a common weapon that deals a moderate damage. This is one of Jacob's main weapons, and he makes a use of it during "Jamaican Heat" and "Concrete Jungle", against rival drugs dealers. Jacob also gives Niko a Glock in the former one.
- Micro Uzi - a small SMG that deals a moderate damage, with a high rate of fire. Jacob makes a use of his Micro-Uzi during "Russian Revolution", against Russian mobsters. He also wields one in both ending missions, but does not make a use of the weapon.
- RPG - A powerful Rocket Launcher. Jacob uses the weapon only once, during "Paper Trail", killing Eduard Borodin with it.
- Virgo - A two-door vintage car. The Virgo is Jacob's main vehicle. Jacob owns a unique Virgo with a special maroon-black paintjob. The car is first seen during "Concrete Jungle", driven by Niko and Jacob to eliminate Jacob's rivals. It makes an appearance during "Russian Revolution", as the getaway vehicle. Jacob's Virgo is also seen during "Mr. and Mrs. Bellic". Jacob also sells different weapons from the trunk of his Virgo.
- Emperor - a 2-door muscle car. Jacob owns a beater version of the car, often leaving it to Niko during drug deliveries.
- Vigero - a 4-door sedan. Jacob owns a beater version of the car, often leaving it to Niko during drug deliveries.
- Huntley Sport - a luxury SUV. Jacob owned the his gang's version of the SUV before giving it Niko as a reward for completing ten drug deliveries. Being the Underboss, of the Yardies, it is assumed that Jacob has at least another Huntley Sport.
- Annihilator - a military attack helicopter. It is unknown how, but Jacob manages to obtain one during the final mission of the game, in both endings, using to chase down Niko's target to Happiness Island.
LCPD Database record
First Name: "Little" Jacob
Place of Birth: Jamaica
Affiliations: Linked to West Indian criminal gangs in East Liberty City.
- 2001 - Armed Robbery
- 2002 - Burglary: Illegal Entry with Criminal Intent
- 2006 - Possession Controlled Substance: Marijuana
- AKA Little Jacob
- Jamaican criminal based in East Liberty City
- Believed to be part of a Marijuana and Cocaine distribution network run by Teafore Maxwell-Davies, street name - Real Badman.
- Suspect in several armed robberies and hijackings.
- GTA IV
- First Date (Cameo)
- Jamaican Heat
- Concrete Jungle (Boss)
- Shadow (Boss)
- Drug Delivery (Boss/Voice)
- Russian Revolution
- The Snow Storm
- Have a Heart (Voice)
- Paper Trail
- I'll Take Her... (Voice)
- Mr. and Mrs. Bellic
- A Revenger's Tragedy (Boss, Deal)
- Out of Commission (Boss, Revenge)
- In the Mafiya Work multiplayer mode of GTA IV, Kenny Petrovic calls him 'Small Jacob' instead of 'Little Jacob'.
- Little Jacob's favorite radio station is Massive B Soundsystem 96.9.
- Jacob is the only customer of Roman's Taxi main missions, that Niko can drive any vehicle he chooses, while in the other missions Niko can only use Roman's cab.
- Jacob's favorite restaurant to eat at is "Cluckin' Bell, as he states "It has to be the best chicken in town" whenever the player takes him there.
- After purchasing guns from Little Jacob, if the player follows him and gets him out of his car and attacks him he will start to fight back. This is because after you buy weapons from him, he will get a pedestrian characteristics. If he's killed, the player will not get any thumbs down from it, but he will call later asking to pick him up from hospital.
- Jacob will get drunk if the player take him out drinking, despite the fact that those in the Rastafari movement are forbidden from drinking alcohol.
- There are two deleted missions in Grand Theft Auto IV that are assumed to be given by Jacob: "I and High" and "Jacob's Ladder".