Hi, I am Smashbro8! I am a huge fan of the grand theft auto games especially, Grand Theft Auto:Vice City, Grand Theft Auto IV, and The Ballad Of Gay Tony. Sadly, I have not played Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas. I also greatly enjoy Grand Theft Auto V. I am also looking forward to helping out this wiki. If you need to ask me anything concerning GTA IV, GTA V, or The Ballad of Gay Tony (since I barely even remember GTA Vice City), please message me on my talk page! Good luck and enjoy Grand Theft Auto!
About me and GTA
Favorite Non-playable characters
- Landstalker (Vice City)
- Schafter (1st gen)
- FIB Buffalo
- Police Patrol
- Huntley Sport
- Super Drop Diamond
- Sabre GT
- Dukes (car)
- Super GT
- Sultan RS
- Bullet GT
- Mr. Vegas- Mus Come A Road
- Ron Browz- Jumpin Out the Window
- Raheem Devaughn- You
- Kanye West- Flashing Lights
- Busta Rhymes- Where's My Money
- Johnny Polygon- Price on Your Head
- Fat Joe and Lil Wayne- Crackhouse
- John Legend- Green Light
- Busta Rhymes- Conglomerate
- Kanye West- Love Lockdown
- Freeway- Carjack
- Consequence- I Hear Footsteps
- Skyzoo- The Chase Is On
- Talib Kweli- My Favorite Song
- Saigon- Spit
- Lloyd- Get It Shawty
- RAMP- Daylight
- Jill Scott- Golden
- Alexander O'Neal- Criticize
- Loose Ends- Hangin' on a String
GTA vs. Saints Row
I am also a humongous Saints Row 2 fan, which was obviously GTA IV's rival. However, there are things in both games that i didn't like. Again, these are my opinions, you do not have to agree with them.
- GTA beats Saints Row 2 obviously in the collisions with the cars.
- GTA IV wins with the better radio system.
- The cars are more realistic looking.
- You can access the Police Computer and take out Street Criminals or violent gangs, as well as Most Wanted criminals, while in Saints Row 2 you cannot.
- Strippers actually give you lap dances :D!
- Taxi Rides are more entertaining.
- Cruising with cars in this game are more fun!
- The Cover System is a fun and stealthy way to attack random people or enemies.
- You can travel on Subways while in Saints Row 2, you cannot.
- Highways are more realistic.
- Rare vehicles either have a specific spawning point or just spawn much more often than Saints Row 2's rare vehicles.
Saints Row 2
- More weapons
- More melee weapons
- Different fist fights depending on how your player is made.
- More explosives
- GTA IV did lack the amount of fun activities that existed in the previous GTA games and Saints Row 2 such as Firefighter, Ambulance, Taxi, etc. Other old vehicle missions i wish existed in both games such as Burglar and Trashmaster missions.
- Custom made protagonists!!!
- Saints Row 2 police are less harsh and scary. In GTA IV and its DLC i like to commit crimes but I am afraid of the cops since they are too smart. I can easily cause lots of mayhem and survive a five star wanted level in Saints Row 2, but I will even die at three stars with ease in GTA IV.
- In Saints Row 2, you cannot get three stars for shooting/killing a cop, unlike GTA IV.
- I cannot get busted in this game unless I am knocked down within an officer's reach.
- I keep all weapons if busted.
- There are more enterable buildings and places to explore in Saints Row 2 than GTA IV. I can access the airport's interior (and even take planes away from there), the police headquarters, a few hotels, an underground cave, a prison island, a Nuclear Power Plant, a mountain, the university area, suburbs,random building rooftops (good areas to snipe), malls, lighthouse, court, beach various casinos, nightclubs and strip clubs, etc.
- No four star wanted level for accessing the runway of the game's airport.
- Cops are less likely to get pissed off and come after the player in this game than in GTA IV where the slightest thing you do attracts police attention.
- There is more to do such as assassinate a list of pedestrians, go bananas in the Mayhem activity, finding secret areas, spraying people with a Septic Tank cannon, destroying a bum's territory, mission strongholds, defeating all cops in the police headquarters, vehicle derby, etc.
- More hidden objects to find such as CDs, spray tagging spots, and secret areas.
- Heat Seeking Rocket Launchers! So awesome!
- It is more fun to snipe people with in this game.
- I do not need Body Armor in the game, for my health regenerates after not being harmed for a few seconds.
- It is easier to escape police because wanted levels vanish automatically if refusing to commit any more crimes, instead of escaping a search radius in GTA IV.
- More stuff to destroy in this game than in Saints Row 2. I can destroy vending machines, explosive trailers, trees, you name it.
- The player can pick up many objects and use them to attack people or enemies.
- You can hire ally gang members to help you fight during missions or random gameplay.
- No friends call the player constantly, unlike in GTA IV.
- It is much easier to collect or earn money in Saints Row 2 than in GTA IV.
- You can make your own playlist in the game so that all your favorite songs in the game play on one custom made radio station.
- More gangster-like feeling in the game, due to amount of weapons and their abilities, the ability to use drugs, and also building up a gang empire.
- Robbing Stores and mugging pedestrians exist.
- Car and gang customization!
- Pedestrians do slightly more activities in this game than in GTA IV.
- Stilwater of Saints Row 2 is prettier than Liberty City of GTA IV (day and night cycle).
- The player sprints faster in this game than in GTA IV.
- Many different unlockables exist in this game such as infinite ammo, infinite sprint, random rare vehicles, etc.
- More safehouses
- Lots of cars in the game can be stored in the game's garage at various safehouses instead of the few two-car residential parking for GTA IV (therefore forcing characters to pick cars to store wisely).
- I am also more threating and difficult to defeat (my opinion) in Saints Row 2 than GTA IV.
However, I believe GTA has finally defeated Saints Row since Saints Row 3 was a crappy, sad disappointment and Saints Row IV seems to be almost just as dull and bad as its prequel. Grand Theft Auto V on the other hand, looks extremely exciting and less likely to be disappointing than Saints Row's cartoony, more rated E (though ESRB places it as M) crap.