Not to annoy you or anything, but the eagle image is too wide, just check the Com. Noticeboard to see the spacing it causes. It'd be better if you could reduce the size a bit.18:45, May 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Looks pretty fine right now :) 19:14, May 5, 2015 (UTC)
Hello since i can't seem to find a way to private message I guess I'll post here.
You leaf a message on my profile about adding a license to my images when I upload them. I'm not fully sure where you are suppose to add that info at? In the name title, or in the description after you upload it? I'm not quite following you on that. I'm pretty much new to editting wiki's and I have many more images of companies around Liberty City to post.
On a side note, if I have future questions where in te best place to ask them?
Common Grammar mistakes
No, they don't need to be listed in the Style manuals. The grammar police among us can continue to try to educate the masses when we see fit, but this is a wiki, not the High School Remedial English class. :) smurfy (coms) 01:11, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Andre, I just saw your new category for incarcerated characters. I was just wondering whether that would include deceased characters too. Merle Abrahams, for example, died in prison without being released. Should they be included too? SJWalker (talk) 15:26, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
- True. As soon as I typed the message I realised I could have answered my own question. I was going to add Billy Grey to that category too but then I remembered he was killed in prison and wasn't alive at the game's end. SJWalker (talk) 15:39, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
Obvious Benefactor car based on 300 SL, giving us the hint of a second update this year. 03:24, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Yep. I hate to see R* intentionally omit the content to single player and include it only to GTA Online. And I think I know the car name is... I just don't wanna spoil it. 19:49, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Both names are valid for me, it may be either Surano Classic or Jugular, though I think it's more likely to be Jugular. AndreEagle17 20:57, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Ok then. Sounds like the mobile editing needs fixing. I'll strike the warning through. SJWalker (talk) 15:55, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Huh? Come on, guys, you can't be that serious! You think I'd suddenly out of the blue vandalize this wiki? I practically live here and try to contribute as much as I can (really, see my history of contributions here, you can't deny me that!). What I'm sure it happened is that when I submitted the Jimmy P edition (added an important fact about Pegorino that wasn't mentioned in the wiki at all), my proxy suddenly went poof (happens a lot), and instead of saving my content.
- Anyways, rest assured I'd be the last person I'd vandalize this wiki, once again, see the history of contributions, that speaks louder than words. DonVecta (talk) 16:50, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
- As for the advice, sure. I'll check the format of using third person instead. Thanks a lot for vouching about me. BTW. :) DonVecta (talk) 16:54, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
Video do Lester
Must have been my computer. It reappeared once I posted the message. I haven't been able to change my signature properly as it was only a flying visit this morning. I tried with the custom signature section but nothing seemed to change. How do I do it? SJWalker (talk) 20:41, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
Multiple generations, I'd say no. Currently there are 5 settings; image, image2, image3, image4 and marshall. image and image2 are for vehicle models/generations. image3 and image4 were added for Boxvilles. Marshall, well, what I've done to Marshall page.
Basically, image = for vehicles, does not matter if the vehicle appears once or million times. A vehicle has to be there, no exceptions. image2 = they are only for vehicles with a different model name that share the same in-game name (dunno why dubsta2 remained in "Variants" section, so did Humane Boxville, etc.) or for different generations (see Coquette). image3 (hidden on template page) = was originally made for third Boxville image but vehicles with different model name are allowed there too image4 (hidden on template page) = was made for the Post Op Boxville, doubt there are 4 or more vehicle variants other than many Burritos. marshall (hidden on template page) = It's the image and text slider and cannot be edited on the page.
A slider for different liveries, yes.
That would be a perfect thing to include all liveries of a vehicle without constantly expanding the infobox (this is why I did what I did with the Marshalls. Adding 21 additional image slots would result in the infobox being twice as long as the actual page).
Another thing that could be done with the sliders is including all vehicle appearances in the infobox. So for example the Cheetah page would display all it's appearances since GTA III in a similar way the Marshall shows liveries (though that would require images to be consistent with each other because the infobox would be going up and down due to different image sizes).
I won't be playing on PS4 much, if at all. Son has got Project CARS and I won't get a look in. I'm pretty much only playing on PC now, since one of my PS3 YLOD'd last weekend, I'm only firing up the 2nd PS3 for updates and wiki fact verification. smurfy (coms) 23:14, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Happy birthday
Model viewer. I can post a screenshot if you want.21:00, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I have tried. The 'unknown' weapons (Combat MG, Vintage Pistol, Musket, Gusenberg Sweeper) have nothing. Haven't tried for melee weapons though but I'm pretty sure they don't have manufacturers. 21:11, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
I just read the Tweet - Unfortunately Jorge has deleted the entire blog post and all comments and there is limited funtionality to read the content without completely undeleting. Either someone at Rockstar North isn't talking to someone at Rockstar Games HQ or that was a pretty elaborate hoax. smurfy (coms) 21:03, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
On the fence for now. I don't have time to piss about with it so I'll wait for a few weeks. I have leave owing at work but there's a stat holiday on Monday so I have to work. Leo68 (talk) 01:44, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
RE: GTA Online
Picture Messed Up
Hey Andre long time, well do you know how to edit pictures cause the picture for the Rise FM Headquarters is messed up/ Thought you might want to have a look at it Shadow Polaris(Talk) 05:25, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
The revised version is better, removed the speculative part. You have no inside knowledge of the actual reason Rockstar have made it impossible to store armed vehicles. They have existing code for disabling weapons and targetting while a player is in certain interiors (including garages) so there is no reason that could not be extended to vehicular mounted weapons if they wanted to allow them to be stored. smurfy (coms) 03:34, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I do see your point of why it is a bad idea to allow them in, but to claim it as fact that it is the reason for the restriction is incorrect. Also, as far as I'm concerned, anyone stupid enough to drive into their garage with someone they don't trust on their turretted vehicle's gun, probably deserves to have their car collection destroyed :) smurfy (coms) 03:57, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with Smurfynz. Game uses scripts to disallow weapons in certain areas. Why couldn't that be done with vehicle weapons? I don't really know how does Rockstar apply restriction to vehicles in garage. Stretch is delivered via Pegasus, yet it could fit well in a garage. 14:40, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
Delete File:Custom A-Team alike Youga.jpg
It isn't. I don't know if we've been adding the wrong code all this time or missing something out of it, but no-one's seems to play at all.
- Still no luck? Something's wrong. Maybe the code isn't compatible with user pages. I don't see how though. Sam Talk 23:45, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
I'll give that a try on my page. I never thought to look at the URL.
- Maybe not. The link on my page only contains part of the URL. I'll re-add the whole URL and see what happens. Sam Talk 23:55, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
I can't really help with the YouTube thing. There are some videos that simply don't read. I had the issue as well months ago. I'll just advise you to try to pick another URL to see if it works. The only theory I can come up with is that video ads freeze the video somehow.
And what do you mean for Scarface? Have you uploaded the .ico file?08:44, May 17, 2015 (UTC)
- For the user tags, see w:c:dev:UserTags, they're rather simple to use. As for the .ico thing, use this website. 15:05, May 17, 2015 (UTC)