Hi, welcome to GTA Wiki. Thanks for contributing to the Stinger page, and for taking interest in the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything, or as alternatives, leave a post on a forum, or refer to the Help pages. Ilan xd (talk) 22:59, July 22, 2013 (UTC)
Image policy--Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 14:28, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
Hey AndreEagle17. I know you are wondering what is going on to the Mesa page. It's because of a user named Montyson who's changing the capacity amount of people in the car. You may want to have a word with him. () 19:37, July 27, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
Thanks bro, you know that you,me,cloudkit we all want order in this wiki, i will talk to this user
you said that the liberator or soverign do not spawn in the singleplayer, may i ask if you went to the back of the garage and pressed special vehicles, because the way you get them?
hope that helps
Hey AndreEagle17. I agree with merging the page, as from the trailer of the game, I felt the Duster was no different from the Cropduster. GTA V just renamed a lot of similar vehicles, that's why pages like those need to be merged. () 15:16, August 16, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
I have made a decision that since it is an slightly important feature in GTA V, so I have removed the deletion template. I'll inform the user who put it on there as well. Leo68 (talk) 02:47, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Daytime Running Lights
Hey AndreEagle17. I'm with you and Leon Davis to keep the Daytime Running Lights page because it is a feature that was introduced in the HD Universe. Requesting to delete the page is like saying the Door Ajar Chime page should be deleted. () 03:19, August 25, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- No worries. Just please make sure to check who exactly was the one to add false information/misleading content before typing an Edit Summary like this. I will check out the Ghawar talk page in a moment. 20:58, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
Hey AndreEagle17. Thanks for putting me as "the best editor and patroller on the wiki". I really appreciate it man. Also keep up the good work, you're a great editor too. Hopefully someday you can be a patroller yourself! () 00:14, September 5, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
Remember when adding article categories to add templates. You can find them on the side bar in visual editing, and in VisualEditor you can find it at the top. Leo68 (talk) 21:20, September 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hey AndreEagle17. I'd suggest to ask Ilan xd how to do that since he works with the coloring of names for the staff, so most likely he knows how to change the profile name color as well. () 01:00, September 7, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
Hey AndreEagle17. I don't think the old Taxis/Police Cruisers/NOOSE Cruisers in GTA IV and its episodes are based on a Ford Crown Victoria. Despite that being the more popular car, you can see here how they greatly resemble the old Mercury Grand Marquis. Do you think it should be added on the Vapid and other pages that they more resemble the old Mercury Grand Marquis? () 20:07, September 10, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
Okay that sounds like a good plan. Also, on the FIB Buffalo's page, there's a part where it lists ways on how to obtain the car in GTA IV and GTA V. However, I think the Enforcer deserves tips on how to obtain it in GTA IV, due to it being much harder to obtain than the FIB Buffalo. What do you think? () 02:03, September 11, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
Hey AndreEagle17. I honestly don't believe the Cabbie is made by Albany since the game isn't stating it, however, Rockstar may have forgotten to add it in the game. About the users who don't believe that, I'd say a picture showing the badge would help. () 02:44, September 13, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
It isn't made by Albany in the 3D Universe (III, VC, SA, LCS & VCS), only in the HD Universe (GTA CTW). So he's right to believe it isn't made by them in the earlier games, but not the HD Universe. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 08:59, September 13, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Re: Buffalo
If people call it the 747 and others call it the Jumbo Jet, one should be renamed and the other names as redirects. So if some people type 747, it comes to Jumbo Jet or if some call it the Jumbo Jet, it redirects to the 747. Either way works. Those who know it as the Jet here can also type "Jet" and be redirected. () 01:21, September 15, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
You have a point with the Police Cruisers/Inteceptors/Cars/whatever, but think about it; If all Police Cruisers were one page, the page would look like a complete clusterf-word. The infobox not only would be 3, maybe 4, times larger than before, but the page would become so long that it would get really annoying to scroll. Police Buffalo, "Interceptor" and Police Stanier are all named "Police Cruiser", now which image would be the main one for the infobox? So I guess exceptions can be made here.
Now to the Jet argument, this is the first time this plane appeared in GTA (does not include IV as it's just an undrivable prop) and that's the name it was given. Shamal for example has always been a Learjet. Nobody is complaining about renaming it to a Learjet because, well, it was given a name: Shamal. Same with Jet. Since the time of livestream leaks before GTA V was released, up until this time, I never saw anyone saying that it should be renamed to "747" instead of "Jet".
One could argue that "Jet" is a generic name that should be renamed at all costs, looking back though, there are plenty of vehicles with generic, official, names: Cropduster, Combine Harvester, Tractor, Dune Buggy, etc. As a hardcore GTA fan, me and many others would prefer it being named as it's in game and the pages to have correct information.
- I never said people complain about the Shamal. Case of the Jet is no different than any others. It has been given a name by Rockstar.
- Nope, I refer to the rusty tractor as "Tractor", it's in game name. I only say "Rusty Tractor" when people have no idea what I'm talking about - and even that rarely happens.
- That's said by the minority of players. Twinjet is not controllable, so it doesn't count. Even the new players in GTA Online section on GTA Forums refer to them as "Cargo Plane" and "Besra". Some people refer to Cargo Plane as "Merryweather Jet", but seriously, It's a Merryweather jet, definitely not an commercial aircraft. Fighter Jet is a fighter jet. Search "fighter jet", P996-LAZER will be 8 results away. Also the Hydra is a fighter jet. Now that'd be a lot more confusing than using their actual names.
- "but in GTA V, all the players calls it the Interceptor to avoid confusion" I have never, and I mean it, never saw anyone calling it "Interceptor". The page was created on May 3rd, long before GTA V was released. It was called "Vapid Interceptor Unit", to "Vapid Interceptor" and then in October, it was renamed to "Interceptor". Before GTA V was released nobody thought it was called "Police Cruiser", it looked like an Interceptor unit vehicle in real life and this + not yet released game = speculated name. Then when game was finally out it was called "Police Cruiser" so it was better to leave it as it it than renaming and merging it with already existing page, creating mess in the process. 16:58, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
1.15 was Independence Special Update. 1.16 is Flight School.
- We'll do as WildBrick said. I removed the Hydra mention from the Mammoth page and we'll see when 1.17 is released if Hydra was removed or is planned to appear. RainingPain17 (talk) 19:46, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
This video you linked me was recorded AFTER Independence update. This update added the stuff about the Hydra. BEFORE THE INDEPENDENCE UPDATE THERE WAS NO HYDRA IN THE GAME FILES (Though Hipster update may have had something, but I really doubt it)
Hey AndreEagle17. Take a look at this photo and this photo. It shows a van that resembles a Ford Econoline van. No van in the series resembles such, and I think the closest van to resemble one is the Speedo. Also, in this photo, Lamar is breaking into a car that resembles an old Audi. I find these strange and I think they should be added to the Beta Vehicles page. What do you think? () 23:09, September 20, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
That's the kind of trivia we need to avoid. If we just list every obvious fact then the trivia sections become excessively long and redundant. I understand that trivia is essentially just obvious facts by definition, but that's not the definition we use on the Wiki; for the aforementioned reason. It's known as 'sky is blue' trivia. Tom Talk 23:11, September 20, 2014 (UTC)