- "You do realize you are reading this line right now? I mean, I can post everything that comes to my head and you'll STILL read it!. Quotes are just so fucking awesome, don't you think? Anyway, take a seat... oh, wait. This is a talk page: there are no seats! XD"
- ―Ilan xd.
Talk to me if you need something to know about the series, if someone wrote wrong edits, or if you just want to say 'Hi'.
Adding a Parenting Filter Page
Hello again Ilan,
I'm reaching out to you and some of the other admins on Wikia about a new page we'll be adding to some of our larger Wikis. It's called the Parenting Filter page, and it's designed as a hub page for parents looking to determine if a game, movie, TV series etc. is appropriate for their child.
Here's an example of what the page will look like: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:ParentFilter
It's a lot more in-depth than the ESRB/PEGI ratings system and will give parents a more useful look at the game and its community. While the main focus of the project is to serve as a tool for parents trying to gauge whether or not something is appropriate for their child, it also contains a lot of unique information that would be useful to pretty much everyone. Stats like average campaign length and community attitude are the kind of things only actual players like you will be able to provide.
We'd love for you or any of the other GTA Wiki editors to pitch in on the page if you get a chance, as we're trying to get these live by December. I'll check back next week and create/update the page myself if you guys aren't interested in it. As always, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about this.
Thanks for your time Ilan, and thanks again for pitching in on the Wiki Awards!
- AC 3 was a big let down. But the best part of it was the naval combat, so I'm looking forward to BF. Plus Connor was such a boring protagonist, Edward seems much better - a lot less straight forward. Oh, and it's fucking pirates! And no more Desmond! Tom Talk 09:45, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- This is Haytham's dad though! I think it'll work, I'm expecting less focus on the Assassin side of it though, which is good, I think that needs a rest. I hated the fact that I couldn't skip through Desmond's story, it got a little better when he went after Daniel Cross, but most of the missions were so dull and uninteresting. Tom Talk 09:55, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Are you getting Arkham Origins?
- I've only played Arkham City, and I liked it. I'm hoping Origins has a more open and explorable Gotham City. I agree about prequels to an extent, but it's not as if Batman was ever going to die or anything so I don't think it'll be any more predictable than the other games. I'm just realising that AC4 is a prequel too. Tom Talk 10:24, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- You're probably spot on. I still think it'll be a good game though. The premise of BF is very original, I can't think of another pirate game. So I think it's got that going for it. I was hoping for Rockstar to do a pirate game after seeing what they did with the cowboy/western genre. But I'll settle for this. Edward seems like a more immoral Ezio, I think they created him after seeing how unpopular Connor was in comparison to Ezio. Tom Talk 10:35, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Well that's what I read. Maybe they were thinking about incorporating him into AC4 somehow. Anyway, I hope I don't see Connor in another AC game. Ezio was a tough guy to follow - despite the fact they almost ruined his character in Revelations - and Connor couldn't do it. Edward looks a lot more promising. Tom Talk 11:13, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Seriously?! I hated that game. Well, it was my least favourite AC. I think it just highlighted the need for a new protagonist, Ezio changed too much, he had his moments but he didn't seem like himself, I'm not convinced it's even the same guy, I mean what was up with his face?! Tom Talk 11:25, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think so. For me, 10/10 is for perfection, I was really hoping GTA V was going to be my first 10. If I rounded up and didn't do ".5" etc. then I'd have a few 10's. Tom Talk 12:17, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm on Xbox so I've never played Uncharted. I want to though. VC, SA, IV and Red Dead Redemption would probably come closest to a 10 for me. Tom Talk 21:04, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
Winter Moon demotion vote
GTA_Wiki:Requests_for_Promotion#Demotion_from_Administrator:_User:Winter_Moon. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:31, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
Is that the one after the vehicle finding mission?
Oh, I know the one you're talking about. 50 miles far deep into the desert, right? I heard of something like that.
Next month, I'll finally be able to help the Crew, Ilan. Looking forward.
Something to do with 5 and 0 (5=05). :)
Oh, BTW, here are some news.
Great! Anything I need to know before I join y'all?
Got it. I also have some friends from my class that bought GTA V, we can all play together (I'm pretty sure I can make them editors here, so they can join the Crew).
- Thank you. Another thing: I feel that the GTA V section of the Micro SMG (page for the full-sized Uzi) should be moved to the page Micro Uzi, since it takes the form of a smaller machine pistol (the model in GTA V is the Mini Uzi). What do you think? (And maybe we can merge both pages to avoid confusion, especially that both are referred as "Micro SMG" at most of the times) --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 16:48, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
I demoted Winter Moon, but I'm going to leave updating the staff page and changing the stylesheet so Winter Moon's name doesn't display in a particular font to you, since when I try to change the stylesheet it never seems to work right. Jeff (talk|stalk) 20:20, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
I bet it's the Desmond part - I know Desmond isn't in it anymore but you know what I mean - that they don't like. I find it hard to criticise the other parts of the AC stories - bar Revelations - because they're pretty simple, a few twists and turns but it's pretty safe. The gameplay is always the best part of an AC game for me. Tom Talk 16:59, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I read the IGN review. I can't wait to explore the world now, it sounds huge. It seems likes there's a lot to do. I think the opinion of the story will vary, I like the whole pirate concept so I think I'll like it. The whole corporate espionage within Abstergo sounds a lot better than the Desmond story too. Tom Talk 19:44, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Good, I liked the AC3 combat system a lot, it improved on the whole everyone taking turns to attack you thing which I didn't like about the previous games. I'm glad he's an anti-hero, Connor was so bland a character because he was all about doing good, Ed seems like a more conflicted and interesting character. Tom Talk 20:56, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
Community Notice Board
You're an awesome admin!
Hey, I've heard that you are an administator. Anyways, do you agree with my JB 700 bug? Other wikis would delete it then probably add it again on his/her profile and take the credit :( Also, keep up the good work!!
- Though I did prefer the Templars to the Assassins again. I had the same issue in AC3. But other than that the story was great. I can't really find any other faults, there are a few issues that I had with previous AC games that have returned though, but those are minor. Pirates really does work with Assassin's Creed. I could sail around destroying ships all day, it doesn't get boring. Tom Talk 14:06, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
- That's what I'd give it too. I really liked Edward, he was more suited to been a Templar though. Laureneu Torres (no idea how to spell his name) was a much better Grand Master than that Mayan guy - Ah Tabai? I remembered my one main criticism, some of the missions are pretty repetitive, but that's like with all AC games. Also, Blackbeard was awesome, I liked Charles Vane too, but I feel they were underdeveloped and killed off too soon. I also found it frustrating that nobody realised that "James Kidd" was a woman. Tom Talk 16:03, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
- His character is far more complex than I had anticipated. In AC3 and 4 you start off with the Templar's, that creates a bit of confusion because until those games it was all Assassins, you couldn't like the Templar's because they were all blatant bad guys, like the Borgia's, they even threw incest into the mix to make you despise them. Now they give you Haytham, an awesome character - much better than his son - and guys like Woodes Rogers who quite frankly seemed like a decent guy. Thatch is obviously a very complex character, I'd like some DLC about him. For one, "James Kidd" was the only pirate who didn't have facial hair, these guys weren't exactly the shave every day kind of guys.
- Haytham was so good, I wish we got to see the rest of his story - the whole avenging his father and saving his sister thing. I know about Freedom Cry, I was hoping for some after that. Adewale was decent, a bit more of an Assassin than Edward, in terms of morals etc. Is Freedom Cry set in the same place as 4? And are you getting the season pass? Tom Talk 16:54, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
I'm starting a page for Baygor, a random character you can encounter in GTA V. The only way I can currently get an image of him is to take a photo of my TV, which is not exactly the preferred sort of image . Anyways, should I upload the pictures I took, and have them on the page until better ones can be taken by another user, or should I just not upload them and wait for someone else to get them? Lazy sig (talk to Grif) 00:34, November 15, 2013 (UTC)
This user is adding fan fiction content on many pages. Detain this editor!
Unlock Beta Releases
Can you please unlock/unprotect Beta Releases? The idea of a wiki is that anyone can contritube - you're breaking this concept. 'Punish' editors that make false edits, don't restrict everyone else.
Oi, lad! Hate to spoil your welcoming party, but this party-pooper uploaded a pornographic image. Deal with this guy and I will bring the cake and ice cream.