|Archive 1||Archive 2||Archive 3||Archive 4|
|Archive 5||Archive 6||Archive 7||Archive 8|
|Archive 9||Archive 10|
- So far, and I'm only about an hour in, but I like it a lot. The driving's like it was during the GTAIII era, responsive and fast. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:06, September 17, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome, I'm currently trying to edit the page Sheriff SUV as the page initally showed the Park Ranger SUV as so I am trying to turn it into a Park Ranger page but am not yet sure how to change the Page name? Could you explain how to do this? Thanks! CalHeady (talk) 19:42, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
Was just curious as to why this page was: deleted: http://gta.wikia.com/Special:Undelete?target=MediaWiki%3ASpotifyMightyNo.9
- How was it spam when it was in response to a Staff blog? http://gta.wikia.com/User_blog:Pseudobread/Your_Dream_GTA_Radio_Station#comm-93419
WCTR and Blaine Country Radio
Hi Jeff, I've got a report:
- AnthonyCumiawashere edited Wade Hebert's page and added some wrong/nonsense info, so I used the rollback tool.
- I left him/her a message on his/her talk page and he/she replied to me and insulted me
- Johnbobson cooperated with him/her.
Ok thank you I'll be sure to ask for help as I need it
They were formerly the Grove Street Families as mentioned by Franklin and Lamar during Hood Safari. Also can you get to re-adding my edits I did 3 weeks ago for Blaine County Radio and WCTR? Shadowrunner(stuff) 18:41, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
- You deleted the categories on The Families, and no, I won't restore the rule breaking edits you made. Now go pester another member of staff, your status as not being an indef-blocked troublemaker of an editor is hanging by a half severed thread and I am sick to fucking death of dealing with you. Jeff (talk|stalk) 19:08, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
Myths are Becoming Popular on This Wiki Again
As a bureaucrat on the GTA Myths Wikia, I've noticed that there was a sudden drop in our visits yesterday and today, so I logged on and I found many articles releating to myths. I'm just telling you this because myths are not allowed on this Wikia, so these pages are breaking the rules. Pages with myth info: UFO, UFOs, Bigfoot, Bigfoot in the gamefiles?, and all the categories that begin with "Mythical Creatures in..."
- The thing is; UFO's are actually in the game, UFO parts are collectibles, there's a spaceship in the ocean, there's an actual ghost, and there's a mission revolving around the Bigfoot myth. Now that there is factual evidence, there is no reason for them not to feature on the Wiki. Tom Talk 22:28, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, okay, thanks. I just thought they were suspicious because of the name.
- I'm not going to wade into that mess until I've played through that part of the game, but right now it looks to me like what needs to be done is Bigfoot should be moved to Man in the Bigfoot costume and the article needs to be rewritten to focus on him rather than the Bigfoot myth in general. We can always do an external link to GTA Myths Wiki's page on Bigfoot.
Hey there McJeff,
So seeing as GTA V has been out for a little bit now, I just wanted to reach out to you and the other GTA Wiki admins about doing a Wiki Awards page/blog post for GTA V. What the heck is a Wiki Awards? It's basically a poll for the users that lets them pick out their favorite parts of the game. Here's a good example.
We generally like to get the admins of each Wiki to suggest the candidates and topics for the awards, so if you guys have any you'd like to suggest, that'd be perfect. Please let me know if you're interested in contributing, and as always thanks for all your hard work keeping the GTA Wiki going!
My name is Tyler Colp, I'm a freelance writer.
I'm interested in writing a story about managing a wiki dedicated to Grand Theft Auto, specifically, Grand Theft Auto 5. I'd like to speak with whoever that is, which, I assume is you, according to the staff page.
If you're willing to speak with me, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hey Jeff how are you doing? I just wanted to stop by and inform of a situation that has occured and I would like you to get involved so there isn't an edit war that starts. Listed in the GTA Wiki's Policy, it clearly states "No Myth-Related Content. If you wish to edit about Myths do so on the GTA Myths Wiki." I'm no here to alert you that there are myth pages that are forbidden that exist on this wiki, but of a different problem. You allowed me to add the GTA Myths Wiki link to pages such as secrets & rumors or pages related to myths to prevent people from making their own myth pages here. So I add the link to the Bigfoot, Ghost, and Aliens pages and they all have been removed by Dodo as he believes it's "not needed". He does not have that power to decide what he feels is right to have on this wiki as you, the Bureaucrat, have already OKed this months ago. Dodo may have just made a mistake but I feel he did it on purpose as he knows the GTA Myths Wiki is an officiacl affiliate of this wiki and it makes no sense to not have a link on a myth page. The GTA Myths Wiki is not in competition with the GTA Wiki, we are on the same team. So I will go back and rollback Dodo's incorrect edit and tell him to take it up with you if he has any concerns.
- Dodo went a little far when he deleted the link entirely, but having a big banner at the top of the page is a bit spammy. I cleaned up the Bigfoot article and added the link to GTA Myths wiki in a different way. Jeff (talk|stalk) 20:08, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Thankyou for clearing this up. I will fix the other myth pages in a similar fashion to yours. Thankyou. Sasquatch101 (talk) 20:12, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Check wikipedia's list of Agnosticism/Athiesm related userboxes here and let me know if you see one you like, then I'll bring it over. Jeff (talk|stalk) 19:21, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- We need to catch up, I'm a semester away from graduating college but my World Lit II Honors class is killing me (I took honors because they weren't offering the class in non-honors this semester). I added the userbox to your userpage in the same spot your Muslim userbox used to be for you. Jeff (talk|stalk) 15:51, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Good stuff. I've got one of the worst ones ever - I sleep 4 hours a night, get up for class early, then take a long afternoon nap. The only benefit is that I like doing homework late at night when the house is really quiet and no one bothers me, but it makes me waste entire days. Jeff (talk|stalk) 20:51, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I study level 1 word processing and my class is 2 hours a week. 13:47, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- It took me years to decide whether I was agnostic or athiest, but right now I'm a full athiest. Jeff (talk|stalk) 20:20, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
I've checked the "Recent Activity" everyday and I haven't seen that demotion request. It's really strange, because I see that there are many votes. Anyway, I feel kinda bad for WM. I talked to him when I started school, he told me he knows how it is when you are busy and you can't contribute. What will happen now? Will there be promotion requests? I'd like to apply, but as I said before, I can only edit once a day due to school homeworks. I don't know if I'd be up for the job right now. I think the admins and bureaucrats should choose the patroller who will be promoted, the promotion requests page might get full.Dodo8 Talk 09:00, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I checked the activity after I wrote the comment, the staff reacted very fast to the demotion request. I thought it has been there for a few days. Dodo8 Talk 09:03, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
Now that WM has been demoted, shall we take down the no more admin spaces message on the promotion page? Also, wasn't there going to be more Bureaucrat spots open since GTA V has been released? VaultBoy Tom (Talk | Edits) 10:15, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- We said that there would always have to be an odd number of bureaucrats, and that if we decided to promote more we'd promote 2 not 1, but we never said we needed more. And yes, we now have an open admin spot and anyone who wants the promotion can apply. There's a big difference between "available to someone who's good enough" and "we need to fill it so it will go to the best qualified candidate", though, and we are the former. The wiki actually cooled down instead of exploding once GTAV finally came out and people couldn't fight about speculation. Currently the current staff corp is handling the job fine. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:47, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- And it's done. I removed the coding, but we'll have to wait for several minutes or so until the font will be removed as well. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:22, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
New screenshot template
Hi Jeff, I created a new screenshot template for the game GTA Online, which was missing (see Template:Gtao screenshot). Can you add it to the licensing drop down menu please? Thanks. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 00:04, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, Jeff. Tony applied on the promotion request page. I'd like to apply too, so I thought the admins and bureaucrats should do something like a poll. Most of the patrollers want to get promoted, we can't all post requests on that page, it would get messy. The poll would look like this:
Applied for promotion:
Bureacrat/Admin only vote.
- I'll apply too, but like Dodo said, a poll is the best choise. And plus, it would be arrogant from my part if I apply above Tony's request. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 10:41, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
- TBH I'm not voting yes on anybody right now until I can figure out a way to test people's knowledge of policy and common sense. The incident a few months ago where someone (Kingrhem I think) told Cloudkit to chat-block another user over a content dispute was a real eye-opener to me on how badly underqualified some staff can be. And, as I've already said on my talk page, once GTAV came out the wiki actually calmed down a lot rather than exploding, so there's absolutely no urgency at all in promoting anyone into an admin spot. Jeff (talk|stalk) 16:13, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, Jeff. I believe Rigby is back but with another account. I've told him this is sockpuppetry and that he is breaking policy. Shall I issue him with a block? VaultBoy Tom (Talk | Edits) 17:27, November 4, 2013 (UTC)
GTA III - Cutscenes
I'm CSGF1995 and I recorded all cutscenes from GTA III including credits, if you want, you can use them for this Wiki. Here's list of videos:
1) Game Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-deVu-0EqLU
2) Luigi missions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tru8hPPT0
3) Joey missions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgSE66AdA94
4) Toni Cipriani missions (part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhsfxemTcCU
5) Salvatore Leone missions (part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-MvgUHfK0
6) Toni Cipriani missions (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5MkhZvYhkg
7) Salvatore Leone missions (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFG0g4Ptn0g
8) 8-Ball missions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVNIIJwnD0U
9) Salvatore Leone missions (part 3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Dvpb6Xc7M
10) Asuka missions (part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H8Bl1BqcM
11) Kenji Kasen missions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pue0zyNGX4
12) Ray missions (part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_QuQ3oSong
13) Donald Love missions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cbauttEW04
14) Ray missions (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1JzQNUALE
15) Asuka missions (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l34kdy4lKlg
16) Finale and Credits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8BJnqHXQSU
Copied image from WikiGTA
All text and images on WikiGTA are copyrighted thus not allowed to be copied to third party websites.
We would like to request you to delete the image.
Much thanks in advance.
- Thanks Tom.
- @Joriz86, apparently the user who originally uploaded the copyrighted image, User:Rhenrique, uploaded it before receiving a warning about the image policy - so I won't block him at him at this time, but I'm going to go through his contributions and check to make sure he hasn't uploaded other problematic images. Jeff (talk|stalk) 21:26, November 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Both thanks for the quick response. A crew member of WikiGTA is also still looking in some of the images by that user.
- We also noticed this image http://gta.wikia.com/File:BodyArmor-GTAVC-locations.png (original: http://nl.wikigta.org/wiki/Armor_%28GTA_Vice_City%29 ). If you look closly on some of the parts of the image you can still notice parts of the watermarks (for example the harbor where Colonel Cortez luxorious yacht is situated). Joriz86 (talk) 21:43, November 9, 2013 (UTC)
- OK, after having viewed that I'm giving the user an indefinite block. My reasoning is this. In the case of "normal" plagiarism, it could be understandable for a user to not realize that they aren't allowed to take images from another wiki. In this case though, he clearly knew he was stealing the image and he blotted out the watermark. I do consider deliberate rule-breaking worse than ignorant rule-breaking.
- To my talk page stalkers - if you open the image up and zoom in on the location of Cortez' yacht, you'll be able to see the 'A' from their watermark. It took me a while to find it, but it's there.
- As for that particular image, I've added a note that it belongs to WikiGTA and was plagiarized, but I'm going to leave it up until you guys finish investigating him as public evidence. When you guys find all his other plagiarisms I'll delete it along with them. Jeff (talk|stalk) 23:29, November 9, 2013 (UTC)
- If it doesn't have a licensing, it's a copyright violation. Every image that user has uploaded is against the naming policy and without a license. Jeff (talk|stalk) 17:20, November 12, 2013 (UTC)
You blocked me
This is coastercam7788. You blocked me last month on Bully Wiki because of not using the quote template and something else I forgot about. I truly am very sorry, and I really miss making edits on Bully Wiki. Can you please unblock me? I promise to use the quote template and make you proud. I'm not joking. Hey, maybe I'll make some good edits and some new pages to make you proud as well.
Coastercam7788 (aka Jakob)
- The things you did wrong, in addition to refusing to use the quote template, were...
- Bad edits that added wrong information
- Bad edits that added correct information that was already in the article
- Bad edits that added "the sky is blue" trivia and similar useless info to the articles.
- Your spelling and grammar wasn't good.
- You got blocked because in your entire time there you didn't make a single edit that didn't need to be reverted.
- I would be more sympathetic to your unblock request if I hadn't just blocked an IP address that you used to edit against the block. Jeff (talk|stalk) 20:52, November 13, 2013 (UTC)
Hello their, I first joined gta wikia few days ago and I did upload a lot of photos and most of them or all were removed. It was my fault that I didn't follow the rules on gta wikia policy. I would like to re-upload my photos again that was deleted or removed. Lunar Twisted (talk) 02:11, November 18, 2013 (UTC)Lunar_Twisted
- Do not reupload them - even if you had properly licensed them they would have been deleted for being blurry oversized low quality images. Jeff (talk|stalk) 02:41, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
"This ol' user sure is a redneck, boy howdy!" Cracked me up when I saw that! Reminds me of a good ol' friend of mine who "claims" he is a redneck, despite he lives in goshdarn California!
Do you think we should separate these vehicles?
There is a page called Cement Truck, which is a cement truck in GTA San Andreas. However, for some reason, a different vehicle in GTA V, which is called the Mixer, is placed in that page, despite different names. Do you think we should make a separate page for Mixer? We did that for the Tractor and Fieldmaster. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 21:43, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. I cleaned the GTAV info out of the Cement Truck article and made a new stub at Mixer for the GTAV vehicle. Jeff (talk|stalk) 22:59, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Jeff, how's going?
I just came by to ask if you are having any progress in the next administrator decision. The section in the noticeboard is undecided and it completes almost two months in this condition.
- I never have a time of when I am on. I visit the wiki once a day at any given time, but we can arrange to meet and talk in chat. Messi1983 (talk) 14:46, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Message walls suck and will never be implemented on this wiki. Jeff (talk|stalk) 01:45, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
I found a serious problem and I need to talk about it with you.
I don't know if you heard about it, but there is a site called Anti-Wikia Alliance, created by few former Wikia users after the October 2010 theme change scandal. The site was very popular three years ago, but now not. This site is operated by a wikifarm called ShoutWiki, hilariously ranked 4334 in the Alexa rank compared to Wikia (169). These guys don't realize that we are in 2014, Wikia is the strongest wiki hosting service and the most popular.
Ok, so the problem is : They have a moved Wikis page, and there, it states that the GTA Wiki has completely moved to the Grand Theft Wiki. Which is too completely not true. I've been trying to remove this stupid information but the staff keeps reverting it. And this is disturbing. And more, they have a hilarious page where they force users to vandalize a Wikia wiki, and this stupid childish shooter game.
I know that vandalizing the site is certainly not the ideal way to deal with it. But in my point of view, and I guess, in most of the GTA Wikia users points of view, it will be enough if the GrandTheftWiki information would be removed. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 15:55, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Ignore it. There is still a link to this site on that page. Grand Theft Wiki is all but dead; Gboyers has been editing there less often than once a month. We haven't had any anti-wikia vandals here for years. Pretend you never saw it and never mention it again. Anything else is asking for trouble. Jeff (talk|stalk) 19:21, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Understood. But I found two sentences on GrandTheftWiki that irritated me a little bit.
- This proves they don't care about the community or the content, they just want to make money.
- Grand Theft Wiki is the largest and most comprehensive site for information on the Grand Theft Auto games.
- C'mon, for real. This is provocative and it's clearly not true. I will forget about that Anti-Wikia Alliance thing but these quotes make users think that the GTW is actually the biggest and most comprehensive site for information about the GTA series, and I think Gboyers is smart enough to not publish some stupidity like this. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:45, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Have you ever read GTA Wiki:Community split? Just wondering.
- I don't agree with several things the guys over on Grand Theft Wiki say. But although I don't agree with their more extreme anti-Wikia anti-GTA Wiki stuff, I do sympathize with how they feel like Wikia Staff mistreated them. So when they say things like that I just let it go. Jeff (talk|stalk) 23:04, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, of course I read. But I realized that the number of editors convinced by these sentences is not very big, or might not even exist. However, when someone searches something about the GTA series on Google, the first result is a page from GTA Wiki. So GTA Wiki is certainly the most visited, active and popular. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 00:39, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
- They believe this wiki is an illegal copy of theirs, so from their point of view it's an accurate statement. From my point of view, it's not like we're losing editors because of it and it's not like there's anything we can do to make them stop saying it, so why let it bother us? Jeff (talk|stalk) 03:41, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Admin Cases
- I've received emails from everyone except Tony. I know you're all anxious to get this underway but I'm giving him a week. Jeff (talk|stalk) 23:53, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry, I barely checked my talk page. I'll have the responses done. --Tony1998 (Talker * Blogger * Stalker)-- 01:30, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I want to do this, but school just started and I have homework and other school studies. For sure, I'll have this done, before I get done with my homework. These responses are something I'd like to take the time and think and I know what to do now. --Tony1998 (Talker * Blogger * Stalker)-- 02:14, January 7, 2014 (UTC)
- What on earth makes you think swearing at me is going to accomplish anything? Jeff (talk|stalk) 23:52, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Jeff how do you change infobox picture please help i've been trying for days thanks!!!!!
- In the infobox look for something where it says image, and then add the filename. Infoboxes use programming markup language and so they can be confusing. Here's an edit I made where I changed an infobox image - . If all that doesn't help, let me know what article you're having trouble with and I can show you on it. Jeff (talk|stalk) 14:03, January 5, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Jeff. I don't want to bother you, but when do you think we will start the promotion vote since everyone now has their requests filed? Anyways talk to you soon! Sasquatch101 (talk) 23:49, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Friday. I didn't get everything together before class started, and I'm in class Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. Friday's my first day off so I'll put it all together then and let it run a week. Jeff (talk|stalk) 00:44, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Jeff, thanks for posting the answers.
I just wanted to notice that I made a tiny little mistake where I've written micensing instead of licensing. Am I permitted to change it? Thanks. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 21:16, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Jeff. Could I add a link to the Admin Promotion Request on a few user's talk pages. It would be another reminder in case some users don't check the Requests for Promotion page. Sasquatch101 (talk) 01:47, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Feel free to message any staff member. No messages for anyone who isn't on GTA Wiki Staff though. Jeff (talk|stalk) 02:06, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, great. Sasquatch101 (talk) 02:11, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Mcjeff can you please show me how to change the Dewbauchee Exemplar infobox photo to the third picture in the gallery thanks!
Hey, Jeff. I think Thomas will be a very good admin. I think it's better that he won, since I won't be very active until the final exams in June. I'm not thinking about the next election, until then I'll have to fulfil my duties as a patroller. I appreciate that you voted First Choice for me. Cheers. Dodo8 Talk 16:48, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Jeff. Thanks a lot for granting the rights for me. It's a remarkable moment for me during this Wikia-journey. And plus, I would to write an epilogue, thanking for all the people who helped me during this time. Cherers. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:20, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Jeff. Is it okay that I can email you about something? Or should I talk to you in the Chatroom? Your choice, I need to lay out a couple of my concerns on this wiki.
- Got it. I have to speak to Dan and Tom about this, it's not something I can unilaterally act on. Jeff (talk|stalk) 04:38, February 2, 2014 (UTC)
Promotion to Patroller
Canis Bodhi Truck overpriced
About the Canis Bodhi truck. the price is WAY off, it's actually $6,000.
Emailed You Again
Oh and GTA V sucks? Ah, I'm with you there, not as great as IV, in my opinion.
- Because they should never have been allowed to grow to the ridiculous size they reached, and I'm not going to read all that trying to figure out if there's one or two trivia points that were valid - and you know from experience that there wouldn't have been more than one or two at the most. Jeff (talk|stalk) 04:03, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
I was wondering about the new welcome template ([[Template:Welcome]]) that Tony created few months ago. I came here to ask if there's anyway you can fix it on the Admin Dashboard to display this template as our new automatic welcome message. I think it should be applied because it explains everything a new user should know about our Wiki, how to edit, who to contact, and our policies. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 12:29, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
this is my first time joining the wiki site