- Well let them know. We'll do the vote the usual way, I don't think we need the whole election setup for this. Tom Talk 12:03, January 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree! Me, Carl Johnson Jr. and DocVinewood are the most common and most promising non-staff editors on the wiki. We should be patrollers. I'll ask The Tom if I should ask them. Smashbro8 (talk) 16:21, January 25, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
have you heard that hank william song hey bad lookin' what you got eatingMember 69 (talk) 05:19, January 27, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Video Response
Me and a fellow editor Tecchnoman127 have different opinions on the way a sentence is stated. He thinks it should be this way: "However, following a series of incidents culminating with him being drugged, Michael's family leaves him, taking his car with him." I think i should be "culminating with him taking drugs". Drugged means to take drugs unwillingly or when you are in a physical or mental state not allowing you to prevent the affects of drugs. It makes more sense my way because Jimmy does not force him to take drugs he just asks him if he wants to try the drugs and Michael tries it . What do you think? TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 21:15, February 3, 2014 (UTC)TheAdamBomb2
Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. I have a big interest and hobby of GTA V (although it doesn't rule my life).
About images of Most Wanted missions
Thanks for your advice about the image-upload policy, It's okay and ready to upload a new set of those images with corrected naming and license, but still wonder is it able to rename/delete uploaded images?
in gta V do you have to press and hold down on the dpad in oder to keep your flashlight attachment on or can u just press i once and keep it on and shut it off when you want?
Hey Tom! Can you please rename this page to "Ugaladajara Jewelry Plaza"? This is its real name, as seen on the in-game storefront. Since you have admin abilities, could you look it over and see if it needs renaming? Thanks in advance. RageQuit (talk) 01:37, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
- He left me this message; "ahhhhhh i dont want to argue but tell your friend vaultboy to unblock me do if he dont unblock me i will show up any users what he want to do." I have no idea what he's trying to say after "unblock me" but it's definitely him. Tom Talk 12:12, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
Salutations, kind sir, I'm desperately need your help in my endless battle with some major mistakes in this fine Wikia.
Some gangs from GTA IV are named fraglantly wrong. Some names were never mentioned or used in game and such occasion creates unexpeted contrast with beautiful and wide discussed content in the rest of this Wikia.
I'm especially worrying about Yardies (which for some reason named Hillside Posse), African-Americans or Firefly Projects Gang (which without any reason named M.O.B.) and especially about my compatriots, such as Petrovic and Faustin gangs. After some wrong note of some too clever Russian, they were all renamed in Bratvas, despite the fact, that Russian gangs are called Bratva very rarely, only between friends in meaning of "organized bullies" and with highly sarcastic tone. I suggest renaming all Russian gangs into "Mafiya", as respected Rockstar called them in Multiplayer. Or, as some other well respected user suggested, unite them articles under one article of Organized Russian Crime, just like in the police database.
I hope you'll find time to answer me so we can work out this tragic accident.
- Thank you very very much, dear VaultBoy, you just did a very important job for this Wikia and for me as well, I'm very grateful.
- I'm also terribly sorry, because I've forgot about mentioning one more article with the wrong name, and it's about gang too. The Lost Brotherhood was never called this way in the whole series. The Lost MC would be more correct.
- Hello again, VaultBoy! Your previous help was much appreciated and this is the reason why I am, as all selfish people all over the world, asking for your help again. As you might noticed, I'm deeply concerned about gangs in GTA IV, because the system created by Rockstar there was very not-linear and very realistic. The peak of my efforts will be the most not-linear gang: African-Americans. They're not even the gang, it's just numerous of gangs all over town, so I don't know, how the article about them is supposed to be built. Please, check my opinion on that matter here. This is the big decision, so I need your approval and your opinion on the future article's name. The reasons, why the present name is unappropriate, I put in the text you'll see in link. So please, if you're not too busy, let me know what do you think about all this and how you want to see this article reorganised. Thank you in advance! Orto Dogge (talk) 15:20, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
News, and image problems and confusion.
On News, I'm not sure if you're the next one to make the next news post, but if you do, according to the guy at wikia, the images that were lost during mid december and early january are lost forever http://i.imgur.com/feEAhKi.png . So until their entire image hosting system is fixed, should you notify everybody here on the wiki that just in case more images are lost, that we save our images, or upload them to other image hosts just in case for backup?
And you said on the 3rd that the image problem seems to be dying away, but almost all of the images that I've uploaded since november 9th are all gone, including others, and it just seems like a clusterfuck of confusion. According to you, only a few images are still broken now, but the guy at wikia says they are gone forever. Whats the truth? I'm confuuused as hell Snugeez (talk) 01:35, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Old Bureaucrat
Hey, I was having problems with converting a .wav file to an .ogg file, do you know a good converter to use? Also, when I converted it to a .ogg file, it wouldn't upload to the wiki here, and the file itself is only able to be open with sony vegas. Anyway to fix this?Snugeez (talk) 22:15, March 7, 2014 (UTC)
gta series not continuing????
that'll be a great loss for me.............
Hell yeah! It was amazing. We should do a couple of jobs and races next time. That job Coveted is a good way to make money.
Pages with wrong name
Hi, LS11sVaultBoy. I just wanted to say that this page is with the wrong name. It should be called Vinewood Souvenirs, since its the first mission in the series of Vinewood Souvenirs missions. You can confirm this in the description of this video. (with i also posted on that page).
However, there is already a page called Vinewood Souvenirs, this one serves as a direct link to all the missions of souvenirs. I think its useless to have a page just for this, since its only 6 missions, so I marked the page for deletion. But if you disagree with me and think that this page is helpful, you don't need to delete it.
So, I wanted you to change the name of the Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill page to Vinewood Souvenirs and delete that Vinewood Souvenirs page if you agree with me that its not worth it to keep it. I don't know if you are the right person to ask this, but if not, just send me a message telling me who i should talk. Thank you. 558050 (Talk 20:51, 8 March, 2014 (UTC)