|Archive 1||Archive 2||Archive 3||Archive 4|
|Archive 5||Archive 6||Archive 7||Archive 8|
|Archive 9||Archive 10||Archive 11|
Old man, you're retiring?! :o
Thank you for all those months (years?) of helping and leading this community!
Good luck with whatever you'll choose to do next!
- Jeff, you're retiring? :( I can not find words to thank you because you have chosen to promote me. This took me by surprise, as I haven't been active in the last couple of months, due to learning for the important exams I'll take this year. I hope you won't leave the wiki definetely. Thanks again. Cheers. Dodo8 Talk 08:17, April 3, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Jeff I just noticed that you resigned from b'crat. You were always a fair guy and kept the wiki running right. I respect your selfless decision to step down and hope you will still be present around the wiki. Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:16, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Honest Opinion
I completely agree, I was going to remove it initially but Sasquatch is taking everything I do at the moment as a personal attack so I was trying to find some middle ground. He has this idea that I hate him, which isn't true, I just don't like the way he went about trying to get promoted, or the way he reacted to my opinions on that.
I didn't know Boomer had done this before, that changes things. Did you see his reason for initially giving a no to Smashbro's request for promotion? Because Smashbro is a Saints Row fan. Anyway, I'll give him a warning and see how he reacts. This whole extra admin thing started because the more inexperienced users had never had to deal with a vandal before. I can't get over the fact that they voted yes to Sasquatch's request for promotion - which I removed - just because he's in America and said he could be active at that time. Being in a certain timezone is not a valid reason to be promoted, as I'm sure you'll agree. They can't seem to accept that being able to block a user will only stop a persistent vandal for a minute while they get a new account. Going to Wikia - which they ended up doing - is exactly what we end up doing anyway.
I know you and me have had our differences but you must agree that an infinite block for Sasquatch is absolutely insane. He was a great editor here and just because of one run in with Tom should never warrant that. I just can't come to understand how he can get the same punishment as a vandal. Boomer8 (talk) 02:20, May 4, 2014 (UTC)
- The only thing Tom did differently than I would have is I'd have only blocked Sasquatch for 2 weeks initially instead of for a month. Sasquatch received two blocks during the incident with Dodo8 for personal attacks and incivility, this was his third offense and it was a severe one.
- I keep explaining that when it comes to malicious behavior, I don't care as much about the words used so much as about the intent. In intent, Sasquatch's behavior on GTA Myths Wiki was every bit as bad as the vandal's behavior on this wiki.
- I'm aware that you have always supported Sasquatch uncritically (you were the only person to vote 'yes' on him in the administrator election) and that you're probably incapable of viewing this situation objectively, so I won't be discussing it any further.
- Lastly, I'm not staff here anymore. I only came back to try to get Wikia to set up the abuse filters. If you really think Tom was that abusive and out of line, take it to Messi or Ilan, not me. Even if I completely agreed with you, I wouldn't be able to help. Jeff (talk·stalk) 03:12, May 4, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Abuse Filters
Great, thanks for that.
I completely agree with that block, his resignation rant was the last straw. Him resigning has probably just saved me having to go through the demotion process again, he's completely out of line. He might believe that all he's doing is sticking up for the little man but his language makes it an attack, his ignorant and compeltely biased rants against us were just ridiculous.
Hey McJeff. I apologize for all that. I was actually just inviting him to my wiki (Wii Wiki) because I didn't want to cause trouble on the wiki. That's why I'm not really hesitating to tell The Tom about what Sasquatch wants him to do for him. I've read the policies and I won't do it again. () 19:12, May 7, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
Grand Theft Wiki
We had a discussion about them few months ago, but I've just found that one administrator of the GTW, IanPhoenix, is plagiarizing content. He is copying tons of pages from us and creating the plagiarized pages on GTW. He has been doing this for a good time and nobody noticed it. He has not been recently promoted so as an admin of their website he needs to know that both sites have history and this kind of conversation of plagiarizing content and other rivalry issues between both wikis was controlled and organized a long time ago. As an administrator of our site, I would try to figure out things with him, calmly. But as you're the most ideal person to handle with it, and in case if you need to contact Gboyers (if he's still living) again, I came to you with the problem. Thanks. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 16:49, May 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Grand Theft Wiki is 98% dead. I don't like it, but I don't see that it's doing enough harm to be worth the hassle trying to make them stop. Jeff (talk·stalk) 19:17, May 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Sure they are dead. To be honest, I liked the fact that he gives at least the source of the article, the GTA Wiki. But it would sound a little bit unsatisfied after the users here work hard to write an article and the guys at GTW just have to do that simple copy-and-paste job. Well, I don't have nothing against it, but I think some users here would have. Anyway, there's really no harm. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 20:13, May 14, 2014 (UTC)
Seen it. I've protected Sasquatch's talk page here, and I'll keep an eye on that Brandon-guy's edits. As it is currently midnight here in Israel, I'll join this discussion first thing in morning. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 19:55, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
I've warned him and he seems to have stopped, I figured something happened between him and Sasquatch, but to me he just seems like a new user who has no idea what he's doing. Tom Talk 21:25, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
RE: 3 Things
They're both blocked. 187 videos... You don't happen to know of a mass deletion tool do you?
A Myths Wiki admin complained about Sasquatch to me, so I'll see if that issue is resolved before unblocking him.
I Need Your Opinion
Hey McJeff. Can you answer this question I have? It is okay on Wikia for other users to make fun of and laugh (joking or not joking) of users? Would that be considered cyberbulling? I asked you because I feel you would know the answer and you are a very wise person when it comes to Wikia and how it works. Thanks! () 00:19, June 10, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- It's probably not okay, but you'll have to give me more information about what's going on before I can really answer. Who's saying what about who? Jeff (talk·stalk) 01:05, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- If an administrator of another wiki is openly encouraging other users to mistreat you, the thing to do is use Special:Contact on THAT wiki and explain to Wikia Staff. If you'd tell me which wiki and what happened, I might be able to give better advice.
- The thing is, Wikia doesn't usually get involved when the problem with a wiki is incivility/"cyberbullying" by staff or general incompetence on the part of a wiki's staff. There's a couple wikis on Wikia that I would contribute to but don't because of unpleasant staff. It's just the way Wikia is. Jeff (talk·stalk) 03:52, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- So honestly, say a staff member on any of the wikis you edit on, including here, gets insulted by a regular user or group of users and the admins think it is funny. How would you handle that situation cause that's what I had to put up with on another wiki that I'm a rollback user on. () 04:18, June 10, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- I've asked twice for you to tell me which wiki this is taking place on. Jeff (talk·stalk) 15:54, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't notice you were asking me that. It's on the Watch Dogs Wiki. I was cyber bullied or made fun of on a chat though. () 16:02, June 10, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- I've asked twice for you to tell me which wiki this is taking place on. Jeff (talk·stalk) 15:54, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I'm sorry I can't give you an answer that doesn't suck, but if that's the situation there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I suggest not editing on that wiki anymore. Remember that someone being a bureaucrat doesn't automatically mean they know what they're doing - any newb with an idea for a new wiki can become a bureaucrat and some of them don't know how to edit or treat their users right. Jeff (talk·stalk) 16:49, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
Hey McJeff. I need your help again, but it's not based on what happened last time. Recently on the Watch Dogs Wiki, I fought a vandal attack that was almost exactly like the one with Insidious, aka JoshuaLeverburg, on this wiki. I remembered that you and Wikia were trying to create these abuse filters to automatically block vandals so I have two questions. Do those filters still work on this wiki? Also, if so, is there a way to add them to the Watch Dogs Wiki? Thanks! () 01:10, June 17, 2014 (UTC)Smashbro8
- To use vandalism filters, you have to have Wikia staff activate them - they're turned off by default. My recommendation is to use http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact and explain to them the kind of vandalism you're dealing with. Since that editor likes to create useless pages, you may ask Wikia if they will disable page creation for "new and unregistered" editors. Ask them to enable the "default anti-vandalism filters" too. Be sure to link them to this thread so they can see the vandal's threats in its own words. Jeff (talk·stalk) 03:33, June 17, 2014 (UTC)
GTA Myths Wiki
I've looked at the past arguements over on the other wiki, and it appears that the co-bureaucrat has not only abused his powers, like conspiring to have Sasquatch taken down and other users banned for no reason. As it stands, in the last few hours, the co-leader has stood down, and some blocked users have been reinstated, while others have been reinstated, but there were other users who were banned at the same time, so I don't see why only one of his followers should be banned here, it might go further than that, until now, I'd wait and see until the bureaucrats talk mention it. Leo68 (talk) 04:35, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- It's up to the community. RageQuit has apologized in general and says he was tricked, and according to others he was only going along with it not totally into it like the other 3. I'd say whether he apologizes directly to Boomer and Sasquatch has a lot to do with how I feel about his promotion. But my opinions shouldn't influence anyone else's unduly. Jeff (talk·stalk) 22:19, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Just because there's a spot available for someone to be promoted into doesn't mean we have to rush to fill it. That's how guys like AK-28 get promoted in the first place. Jeff (talk·stalk) 22:43, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Promotion board
I've voted; I also extended the voting on RageQuit's request. I've worried about that kind of thing for a while, but more in regards to voting manipulation than taking control of the Wiki. That was an embarrassing attempt to take control though, I mean blocking a bureaucrat as if they can't just unblock themselves... Wow. Tom Talk 13:29, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Is there any truth to Sasquatch removing community votes? Gunshow told me about it a while back but then he told me you were sorting it. Tom Talk 20:28, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes Sasquatch removed votes, but you or I would have probably removed those votes if it had been happened on a wiki we were running. What happened was that a user on GTAMythsWiki named TheAverageAnarchist started a demotion vote against Boomer. A bunch of people voted 'demote' including one guy who hadn't edited for a year and one guy who'd never edited at all, and then Gunshow declared the vote closed 1 day later instead of waiting a week like the rules said to. I was working out one of those timelines like I did for the Dodo/Sasquatch dispute - I probably won't finish it since the incident seems to mostly be over - but it's at w:c:gta-myths:User:McJeff/Timeline. Jeff (talk·stalk) 20:44, August 17, 2014 (UTC)
Gunshow2 should be blocked here or across wikia
Vaultboy just revealed even more sick shit Gunshow was saying about me but this time it dives to a hatefull racist antisemetic level. There was also a users Boomer block that kept calling him a N**ger but Gunshow kept unblocking or shortening his block. This guy Gunshow is very dangerous to have around here along with his followers. LOOK HERE -> 
Abuse Filter change
I made a slight change to your Special:AbuseFilter/1. Blocking the user and stripping auto-confirmed status with such a broad filter like this should be avoided. I changed it to simply prevent the edit. This allows users to contact you if they are getting blocked in error. I also added the edit by FoWeQi as it was a good faith edit. In turn, I also unblocked the user. Please let me know if you have any issues with this here, on my talk page, on Community Central or Special:Contact (if you want it private). Rappy 19:12, August 18, 2014 (UTC)