Mob isn't right, neither is crime family. Lester says "Mafia guy turned real estate developer". That implies he used to be with the Mafia, but isn't anymore. So, by that logic those men were his security, not part of his "gang". Thoughts? Tom Talk 19:19, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Forget that, his other dialogue suggests he must have a gang. I'll go with mob, it isn't organised enough to be a crime family, and there isn't enough evidence to suggest crew; gang would also fit but since we have other "mob" articles it'll be fine. Tom Talk 19:30, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
I fully agree with you about the African Americans. You made some good points in your writing. I think that the articles need to be adjusted as so. Maybe you could ask an admin about this. Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 19:47, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
I can assume either it's a plot hole which is the more likely of the two, or by a slim chance Billy had heard about what Jim wanted to do, I'm only going with this seeing as Billy did change his mind fairly quickly to the plan.TPShadowDragon Born into flame! 13:45, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
Yo buddy, when i said vestra was the only jet on Sandy Shores airfield, i mean: You can't buy a Shamal nor a Luxor, you can only select the Vestra in the airfield!
It should remain Korean Mob. Kkangpae is the official name, but we're anglicising it a bit. Kkangpae isn't the most likely thing people will look for, mainly because it isn't exactly an ordinary spelling, so it makes sense to keep it as Korean Mob. Tom Talk 16:19, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
- You don't get my point. Midtown Gangsters is simple English, Kkhangpae is not. Mafia, Tong, and Yakuza are common language, Kkangpae is not. I'm trying to make it as simple for users as possible, and giving a page a name which frankly looks like a spelling mistake is making it unnecessarily complex. Also, the time when people considered Mafia "not English enough" was nearly 100 years ago, it's a very old word which has long been common language, the same with Tong and Yakuza — which I'll reiterate, are simple words. Tom Talk 16:37, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Right, I’m not a fan of how you constructed your argument – using Wikipedia and such – but you do have a point. I’d have to create a few extra redirects – taking into account the multiple potential spelling errors – but it could work. It is the in game name after all – though Korean Mob is still correct as “Kkangpae” and Korean Mob are the same thing.
- Out of interest – I’m not doubting this – could you tell me exactly when it’s mentioned in the game? Just out of curiosity.
- Also “Mafia” was a bad example. It’s not even remotely the same thing. The word “Mafia” became common language after the rise of Sicilian gangs, the word originated in Sicily and was used in America due to Italian immigrants using the word – it was more of a media word than anything, the Mafia themselves never used it.
- But anyway, about Natalia. We do have a lot of redundant trivia; it accumulates and has got a bit out of hand. I've started removing it but it’s a big job. It is of course an opinion of mine that it’s pointless stating that as it isn't really something many people care about; however it’s also an opinion of yours that people will care. Do you see my point?
- I’m not disputing the actual trivia you added; I’m disputing its value to the article – so I’m not putting my opinion over fact. If we listed every single fact in an article it would be a very long and tedious read. I need to have an opinion or I wouldn't be able to do this job. Tom Talk 19:39, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry to be blunt here but I doubt anybody really cares. Also "Anyway, there is no such name in Russia as "Zver"." is not the right way to put it, avoid saying "Anyway". Tom Talk 16:22, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
Sure thing, Dogge.
Please do. :D
Your English is OK. Your Portuguese though...I'll cut you some slack, because you're not from around here, but in the future, Google Translator can help you.
The matter about the "Families" or "Crime Families", I consider "Crime Family" more accurate, and if you research info on the REAL mob families from NYC (Lucchese, Bonnano, Gennovese and Colombo), you'll realize that they are always called "----- Crime Families". When I don't have much else to do, I watch a show on National Geographic about USA Italian Crime Families. If you're into that kind of stuff, you should too, it's a very interesting "documentary series".
About the "Kkhangpae" matter, the page on them should name them just like Wikipedia does, since whatever information is in there must have been written by a Korean or a user who knows what they're called like in Korean, so...
The African-American Gangsters...I dislike the name. If I come up with an alternatiev (but surely not "Homeboys", "Homies", etc. if it is not mentioned in the game. Maybe we should just rename them to "Unnafiliated Projects Gangsters".
Thanks for thinking of me as a "cool" person.
The capital letters, it was good of you to point it out. I agree that it should be like that, even more when the pages itself refers to the subject like that, as in O'Neil Brothers's page.
The Chinatown Wars pages, I say move them, except for the Korean Mob. We should discuss it, considering the new turf they've acquired in CW when compared to IV, etc. I'm pretty sure they'e the same, but we got to have something more to back it up then.
About the Albanians, if the Rednecks are named like that in their page...why should we change the Albanians' name? I consider it the same situation as the Rednecks.
Good point. I might rename it tomorrow.
Well, if anything else comes up, you know how to tell me.
sometimes in the lost mc members bleeter account they say that the Alderney Chapter still runs
Niko Wanted Poster
Regarding the wanted poster for Niko, it can be found on the table where Maude can be found if you haven't completed her missions. I can't confirm if it only appears in GTA Online or both, but it's worth checking out! :) TeddyBearZRule (talk) 18:59, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Hmm, if you can't find it, you might wanna look it up on YouTube or something. I don't have any recording equipment, and the only reason I added it to the trivia, was because I saw a video with the wanted poster. If it's fake, then I'll fix it. TeddyBearZRule (talk) 19:17, March 13, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. I thought it was Maude's trailer because it was a wanted poster. I'll fix it! :)
Do not revert the edits of a staff member without discussing it with them beforehand. Also, drop the attitude with me; I've tried my best to be civil with you, but you're making it hard. Tom Talk 19:08, March 13, 2014 (UTC)