Hi, welcome to GTA Wiki. Thanks for contributing to the Gerald McReary page, and for taking interest in the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything, or as alternatives, leave a post on a forum, or refer to the Help pages. 涼宮ハルヒ(Suzumiya Haruhi) 03:48, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
I can see how you want to contribute to the site, but screenshots as low quality as the ones you have been uploading really makes the pages look poor, so my advice is to either find a better way to screencap or to just stop. Thanks.Jackbel 09:00, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
Image policy EditHi there. You've uploaded a ton of images and apparently weren't informed that we have a Policy here about how images are supposed to be named and licensed. Please read the policy and try to comply with it if you continue uploading images. Jeff (talk|stalk) 22:54, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry to have to put it so bluntly, but you're doing all of it wrong. The images aren't named correctly and you didn't even try to select a licensing template even though there are illustrated instructions. Jeff (talk|stalk) 13:14, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Just forget the policy and upload whatever you feel like. You're not the first editor to say you "can't see" the licensing menu, I don't know why because I can see it no problem, but it sounds like a technical glitch on Wikia's end. I'm not editing this wiki these days, none of the other staff care about images, and it probably won't become a problem anyhow. So have at it. Just try to follow the naming part of the policy because that way it's easier to see what images already exist on the wiki. Jeff (talk|stalk) 02:22, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
Image Policy (2)Edit
Silver, please follow our image policy. Jeff has already warned you once to follow. The images you have uploaded were deleted. If you wisah to re-upload them, please follow the image policy. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 16:59, November 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Jeff has already explained you, but let me try explaining it again:
- When you upload an image, there are two "boxes": Source file (where you link the image that you want to upload), and "File description" - the box where you write the name and the license.
- Go to the "Destination filename" and there you can rename you r image: for example - LC4857.png -> LibertyCity-GTAIV.png
- Below that, you can find the "Licensing" box, there you can choose the license best suiting to your image. Seeing you're uploading GTAIV locations, choose "A scrrenshot of GTA IV".