Hi, welcome to GTA Wiki. Thanks for contributing to the GTA Wiki talk:Community Portal page, and for taking interest in the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything, or as alternatives, leave a post on a forum, or refer to the Help pages. -- Gta-mysteries (Talk) 04:00, 2010 November 16
Hi, welcome to GTA Wiki. Thanks for contributing to the Talk:Burrito page, and for taking interest in the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything, or as alternatives, leave a post on a forum, or refer to the Help pages. JBanton (talk) 23:35, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
RE: GTA V Burrito
Hi thanks for your question, it's most likely two different versions of the van (the bugstars version is the newest version) and yes, the Mule is returning in GTA V as you can see here in different shots. Any more questions please ask :) ~Instu
I'll check it out. An easy way to keep withing the image policy is to follow up the vehicle name with the title of the game it features in e.g. "DewbaucheeClassic (Front&Side)-GTAV.jpeg" with the name, angle and game title. It makes it easier for anybody to find the image.
On a more positive note, thanks for contributing to the vehicle articles while I was absent. It's good to see that members of the community like you share an interest in vehicles. If you're going to be rocking GTA Online on ps3 let me, I'll be cool to offer extra firepower or just chill out with cars. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 17:39, September 2, 2013 (UTC)
I have renamed your image, it certainly is an unmarked law enforcement version of the Granger. We could wait until the game's release or work together to determine what it is beforehand. It appears that a member of the SWAT team is hanging on the side of it. It lacks external police lighting, extra push bars and any markings, and a black paint scheme. It looks very much like it could be an "FBI Granger". JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 18:31, September 2, 2013 (UTC)
Smh, I figured that but I was just trying to help out! How do I get the photos to follow the image policy? Smashbro8 (talk) 16:13, September 12, 2013 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Just read the page, see this for example:
|File:Viceport-GTAVC-Northeastwards.jpg||File:Northeast view of Viceport in GTAVC.jpg|
|File:Rhino-GTACW.jpg||FIle:Rhino in Chinatown Wars.jpg|
|File:DesertEagle-GTASA-icon.png||File:DesertEagle GTASA icon.png|
Re: The heads up
I'm about to go nuts
before the turn of the next hour I'm going to upload an image train. Watch out for the filenames and if they don't have an article yet there's this template that will help you quickly create articles, just copy and paste from that page in edit mode. Thanks for major help at this time, very much appreciated. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:36, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Creating articles
Here's how I do it;
- Head to the template plate and click "edit"
- Highlight everything in the editing area
- Ctrl + C
- Create a new blank article with whatever name
- Click in the editing area and then Ctrl + V
Just for your information, the category Stubs is automatically added to the page if the template is added, so you don't have to worry about it. :) --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:05, September 17, 2013 (UTC)
Join us, please?
- About the map? Daaamn man, I am helping out about everything in GTA V but specially neighborhoods and counties in GTA V. Missions too by the way. Your help would be very thankful. See ya around :) --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:38, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
Bay City Apartment
- I do have the game. There is no icon for the Bay City Apartment. You can only buy businesses. Post a picture or something, otherwise, I'm going to just trust what Rockstar said, and what I've seen for myself in the game. Tom Talk 16:52, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
- There are 15 purchasable businesses, and no purchasable safehouses. If you didn't know this for sure then why did you even bother trying to argue your point? If you haven't tried it then why would you act like you know for sure? My name appears green because I'm a Bureaucrat, only Staff get coloured names. Tom Talk 16:58, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Police Buffalo?
File name suggestion
- Also in future, If I make an edit you disagree with, message me about it. Rather than do that you said “quit it” and “leave it” in the edit summaries. I tried to contact you to sort it out, but you just continued to revert it. Going about things in a dickish way like that, just makes things harder to sort out. Tom Talk 19:58, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
Please please please I need help!!!!! Whenever I go to the scrapyard in La puerta, there is this gang there. They seem like mafia and I think they might be armenian, however I'm not sure. They seem to be white with beards, gold chains and seem younger than the other Armenians. They also dont have accents. They hang out in the scrapyard and they drive around streets of La Puerta. Some of them also have a dragon like design on their jeans. So my question is are they part of the Armenian mafia? Or they some unknown caucasion gang? Please answer and thank you.
You will know more than me on that, I'm yet to test drive everything. I'm hitting the end of the story; once that's out of the way then I'll start test driving. I rarely see the Prairie, is it any good? JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- The spawning system strikes me as a bit odd; sometimes it's based on the type of vehicle that you drive, sometimes the area and sometimes it just seems random. All I know is that the Adder has one specific spawn point :). JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:29, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
I'm glad we have stuff in common. Thanks very much.
Re: Adder & Wanted level
On the Adder article, the gallery has a map with the cursor on the spawn point.
I'm looking at Bleeter right now and going through all of it. The bleet was from him. You're saying he died during your playthough? Maybe the cops accidentally shot him while you were escaping, cause I had the girls near him get shot by the cops while I was trying to get on a seashark, so it's not a stretch that he got shot by the cops during your playthrough. Shadowrunner(stuff) 20:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Idk what happened in your game, but I didn't get that news story. I just too the seasharks and left him there. I recently replayed the mission to see what happens if you kill him and Lamar makes a joke that "you clipped the Clip.", but that's all I noticed. Something must've happened to MC Clip during your playthrough, cause idk how he made a bleet if he's suppose to die. Shadowrunner(stuff) 20:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
What did you do the "Beta Vehicles" page?! It's all messed up with a bunch text! What happened?
Alright. I'm sorry I snapped at you. How can it be fixed though?
It's okay, it always happens to me like a million times which it pisses me off to the limit *made a refernce to a episode*. Could you added them, I don't have them what you told me okay. Cloudkit01 (talk) 02:49, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Re: GTA Online
Many players are reporting issues with that first race, Rockstar put out a statement yesterday, saying that they are looking into the issue and hope to have it fixed by this weekend at least. I too have suffered the disappearing character thing, but don't mind starting again, seeing as I only made it to level 6 and hadn't bought any cars, garages and whatnot. I haven't tried the first race yet. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 16:20, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
It's not an issue. I understand that not all users know all the templates. I'll look into the "24hr Auto Repairs" issue soon, but I just need to see for myself before deleting anything. Tom Talk 00:08, October 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Firstly, 'deceased characters' is ONLY for characters who will always die in the game, regardless of choice. And secondly, Tao's in the category? d'Fuck? -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 17:58, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Dimitri will always die, no matter which ending you choose. In short, don't add characters that CAN die to the category of characters who'll DIE regardless of choice/ending/blast/heist/etc. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:05, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, that's another problem; we are yet to figure out how and when we will re-organize the categories. Basically we try to lower the numbers of categories here by removing those we consider 'useless/pointless/dumb/WTF'. There are simply too much of them and we're still breaking our heads on how to re-organize 'em. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:19, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Done. Both pages have been deleted. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:38, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- That's not how it works. You wait for a decent quality photo and never have a poor quality one, it makes the Wiki look bad. Also, don't create a new heading for every new message, if it's the same discussion then post the next messages under the same heading, make sure to indent them too. Also, are you singing messages "~~~~Smashbro8"? 23:01, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
Don't start an edit war. I do a lot more than undo, I've reverted about 4 of your edits, all for valid reasons, so don't make ridiculous statements like that. Articles aren't for listing redundant facts. There are many buildings in which weapons can't be drawn, it's not like it's a unique feature. Tom Talk 23:16, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- The club is a mission based interior, I'm pretty sure that you can't draw a weapon in any mission based interior. I don't care what you say happened one time for you, you're not supposed to be able to draw weapons in safehouses. As I've stated before, Vanilla Unicorn is a safehouse - another reason why the inability to draw weapons isn't special. What people use this Wiki to find out which buildings you can shoot up? If they have the game then surely it would be easier to go to the club and find out for themselves. Tom Talk 23:27, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Every single fact? Really? Really? Every single one? Do you even understand how stupid that statement was. So should we add to the article of each enterable building if you can draw weapons inside or not? Also, this coming from a guy who was adamant that you could buy safehouses in GTA V before he even owned the game? Anyway, this is your warning. Your last message was uncivil and as such you have broken the GTA Wiki rules, if you speak to me or anybody else on this Wiki like that again, you will receive a block. Tom Talk 23:39, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, I don't think I've ever disagreed with a bad review you've given of GTA V. Tom Talk 23:41, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
Hahaha, unobtrainable. Either a typo, or a HILARIOUS pun. :)
i know,they did the same thing with Bullet GT,now in GTA V is named Bullet wish is the same car from GTA San Andreas.
Hi Smashbro8 ;) Thank you for help. I'm new on this wiki and don't know editing very well.
I think the Uranus is based off of the mustang
It says in the Uranus article: "The Uranus is redesigned for GTA IV, having been branded with a Vapid badge. The car is strongly based off of the 1979-1993 Ford Mustang, with the front being..." Here is the Wikipedia article showing the mustang. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_(third_generation), they both look similar
Are you about to update the legendary motorsport vehicle list? I was planning to do it, but if you're doing it I guess I don't have to.
Hey, man. Thanks for editing the Grand Theft Auto page. But thie thing is the GTA logo used today was used since GTA IV. Not. V. Like i said in my summary, the detail of the logo (representing the new HD Era) was used or is being used since GTA IV came out. They did not start using it when GTA V came out. Just thought i'd let you know. RealgrandpaJoeWCG (talk) 04:00, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
Races in GTA V
Thanks for doing that. That was one of the things that me and Ilan were planning to do so you saved us a job. I'm not sure what other categories need completely removing, but there will undoubtedly be some so I'll keep an eye out. If you're looking for something to do you could always categorise any uncategorised pages, there's a list here. Tom Talk 22:38, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- The gallery was closed. Look at my edit to the page to see how I closed it.
- If you want to create a new userbox then just copy the code from another userbox template, make a few adjustments and you're good. Check the userboxes that already exist before making your own though. Tom Talk 23:44, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Great. I just changed the layout of the templates to the same style as I have mine - listed rather than the way you had them.
- To be a patroller you need to request a promotion. Make a post stating why you believe you deserve to be a patroller and the community will vote. Tom Talk 21:08, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I'm not sure about it, a guy wrote it but with a sh*tload of grammar errors so I corrected them. Jeansowaty 16:44, December 12, 2013 (UTC)Jeansowaty
Oh ok then! Smashbro8 (talk) 16:46, December 12, 2013 (UTC)Smashbro8
Sorry for the mess up in the benefactor page and i have to change the name of the stretch e to stretch c
RE:Stoner Cement Works
Hey, I tried adding some locations to the DRIV3R wiki, but I am having a problem. The image on my hotel harrison page will not purge. :(
Thank you, and of course, I used to love this game when it came out, well not love it but I really thought it was cool because it was right before Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I just got done adding some HD photographs and updating links and information as well as documenting lots of locations like the Hagia Sophia and other places in Istanbul and all those famous mosques, there is more, but I have at least the main attractions down. I remember playing this as a kid and not knowing what any of the shit was about ^_^ but also, what I want from you is to know if I can start documenting each mission now. I want to know if you want me to do it like it's done here on the GTA Wiki where each mission has an article titled with its name, or if you want me to do something a certain way, etc. Robertbcolton (talk) 04:06, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Some templates require other templates to be created in order to work, so if it says you need to create another template, find the required template on here and create that template on your Wiki. Tom Talk 18:14, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Done. If you need anymore help let me know.
Well you need to have a rollback tool, but you can't have it until you become a patroller man, by the way, can you get rid of the messages by that user that tries to force me to join some stupid church of satan, I mean fuck Satan, he's not real you know right dude Cloudkit01 (talk) 01:36, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks man, I don't believe in Satan, Satan is not real & Satan has been murdered by himself, someone told me that one time, whatever I said, oh I said whatever because I don't want to bored you by what I'm saying or talking about mmk man, and like I said Smashbro, thanks man. Cloudkit01 (talk) 02:18, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
Michael de Santa
How do you his gravestone is incorrect?
He's blocked. He's a blatant vandal so he's gone for good. On 'Recent Wiki Activity' you should see a small icon next to each edit - it's a magnifying glass over paper - click it. It will show you the edit the user made and above it there will be a set of options, one will be 'undo', click that. Tom Talk 01:50, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
- That's the rollback tool, only staff members have that feature. What are you wanting to do? Tom Talk 03:16, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
You are adding the restricted areas category to every page that ends up being unlocked as the game progresses. It should only be areas that are restricted throughout the whole game. I'm going to change it to "Unlocked Areas" because they are not restricted. Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:29, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
Paleto Forest Sawmill
Re: Saints Row Wiki
Hey. Speaking about the block reason, it says that "[you] were informed that this wording was wrong, and edited the page while there was an on-going discussion about the issue.. http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/3rd_Street_Saints?diff=prev&oldid=171446". As far as I can see, the block was issued by 452 for incorrect wording ('Saint', and not 'Saints'; it indeed says so when you enter your own hood; you really might not know this if you didn't play the game). About reverting your edits; yes, he has undone/reverted edits where you used piped links. I usually try to get rid of piped links myself, if they can be kept simple. I'm not sure if he has blocked you for this reason also, because it is not mentioned in your block log. If you really think that I can deal with him, then I can't say anything yet; if that means you want him to be demoted, then it's something you should talk with Wikia staff about. I know 452 can sometimes be strict, I really do. You're currently not blocked on Saints Row Wiki and you can edit there. After all, Saints Row Wiki might be different than other Wikis and some other Wikis can block you for slightest mistake.
If something gets you blocked from Saints Row Wiki again or something else happens, then I might really talk with 452 about that.
I know they're pretty bad but that's not a valid reason to delete them. He has the right to create blogs, you can give him a little advice on his grammar if you want. The only problem there would be is if he started edting main pages - then his grammar would be an issue. Tom Talk 11:12, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks a lot Smash! I'll tell you when I'll be able to play GTA Online so we can schedule a free-mode event with the other Xbox Live users here in the Wiki. See ya around! --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 09:56, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- You're sure, they share small similarities to the Crown Vics but I think these two are the essentials. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:24, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hey there Smashbro. Feel free to request a spot to patroller. There are 3 people that we are asking to request but the promotion thing won't be like it was for the new admin, just the usual really. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 10:03, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Since you joined here, you helped us a lot with abstaining links from disambiguation pages, so I thought you would like the page. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:28, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Smash, I'll respond the question you asked Tom. Yes, you should put your request in the Active requets section. To know how to write your request, take a look at these examples. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 20:04, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
No, let me think about those categories. Also, I forgot to reply to your last message, people usually inform staff that they've applied, otherwise nobody really sees it. Tom Talk 10:56, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
http://www.1001fonts.com/canterbury-font.html :) - ( ★ ) 21:12, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Download it as a picture, then customize you signature and add it. ( ★ ) 21:23, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Type it's name. ( ★ ) 21:31, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Download the image of the text. - ( ★ ) 21:43, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Type it's name. ( ★ ) 21:31, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
[[Image:Smashbro8-Sig-pt1.png|65px|link=User:Smashbro8|Smashbro8]] ([[Image:Smashbro8-Sig-pt2.png|30px|link=User talk:Smashbrp8|Talk]])
Don't forget to check " I want to use wikitext in my signature ". - ( ★ ) 16:39, February 2, 2014 (UTC)
He can't edit it anymore. The maturity of some users is amazing, he went straight to "I fucked your mum", so original; then he went for "kill yourself", again, very creative. Tom Talk 22:37, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Haha, don't worry mate, I think it's funny that he thinks that kind of thing actually upsets people nowadays. I've been running Wikis since 2010, I'm used to kids not handling being corrected and/or blocked well and coming out with stuff like "I fucked your mum".
- I hadn't seen that message, if you have pictures upload them and add the info to the trivia section - unless you can think of a better way to incorporate the info into the article. Tom Talk 00:23, February 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I've been insulted by hundreds, and they all say the same things, it gets more tedious than upseting. Learning to deal with them is key to being a good staff member, if you get upset or insult them back you're giving them what they want, so you've got to laugh it off, ignore them, block them, and move on.
Big House Storage
Hi, I've just checked its location and it's in the LSIA area, although close to Banning and the Maze Bank Arena. It's a blue and yellow warehouse, if you want to confirm it.DocVinewood (talk) 16:25, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
I voted six days ago. When did you last check the page? I've closed the voting for your request now, you were unsuccessful. Make sure to read the comments and try again in the future. Tom Talk 17:05, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I won't forget. But more people need to vote on this request before it passes. I haven't found the boat. Tom Talk 17:10, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
Just asking,why did you remove my thing bout the LX2007 Vincent??I'm not giving false info,The VR-4 Galant actually exists and its a sporttier version of the Galant.
Excellent! One of the better games of last year. Clickers aren't so bad once you getto know them... oh wait...
http://gta.wikia.com/File:Smashbro8-Sig-pt2.png :) ( ★ ) 05:06, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah I know, I saw it yesterday too. The Checkout! page already existed and it listed all the Discount Store locations there, so I trusted that info. However I still think it's all part of the same chain.DocVinewood (talk) 17:37, February 22, 2014 (UTC)
Hey there. Do you know where the "Famous Hamburgers" restaurant is located in Paleto Bay? I only remember finding the sign that appears in Trevor's pic, but not the actual restaurant.DocVinewood (talk) 21:24, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Page needs renaming
I can't find the video but it's in the history thing on my laptop I'll look tomorrow because my laptop is dead and I have to study for a test in few days. TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 03:19, March 4, 2014 (UTC)TheAdamBomb2
- If you're an admin then warn him, if he continues to revert your edits give him a 3 day to 1 week block. If you don't have admin rights then you can apply for them at Community Central, I think the Wiki has to have been abondoned by staff for 2 or 3 months though, you'll be able to find out more info at CC. Tom Talk 18:03, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Business DLC
Yes, I have it on GTA Online. But I failed to download it on story mode. I'm trying to fix it as soon as possible. What you should do is start GTA V offline and then connect to Xbox Live while playing GTA V story mode, the update should appear to be downloading. And, I have something I need to ask you.
I'm about to buy a high-end apartment on GTA Online, but I don't want to buy the Eclipse Towers because everyone owns this one, and all the high-end apartments have the same interior. So, I have three candidates, which one do you think it would be the ideal?
- Alta Street apt. 57
- Richard Majestic apt. 51
- Weasel Plaza apt. 101
Can we discuss this Elegy thing tomorrow cause i'm using my phone and it is kind of messed up. It goes back to the home screen somtimes when I'm on the internet and closes all the tabs and plus its almost midnight where I am. But rims are just the outer edge of the wheel on a car and I think the person that originally added that pic and caption was referring to the wheels anyway. TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 05:11, March 7, 2014 (UTC)TheAdamBomb2
Question, are you able to play the audio file for the main theme on the Grand Theft Auto V page? Because I can't see audio files to play anymore, I can only see the audio file on my User:Snugeez Snugeez (talk) 03:34, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
I uploaded pics of the Stratum. And don't worry, actually I don't get new images since a lot of time ago, I just have a lot of them saved in my computer and upload them when I remember/have time. It's just that I've rarely found Journeys while playing, it must be because I don't visit the countryside often ;) DocVinewood (talk) 21:32, March 8, 2014 (UTC)
No problem, if you want more suggestions for games, just ask.
I'm doing my 3rd playthrough, trying to complete it with survivor difficulty (it's a whole different game). Yeah, clickers are truly disgusting, but at least they're predictable. I personally hate human enemies more, especially hunters. DocVinewood (talk) 21:00, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
It's true hunters aren't really hard, it's just that I can't stand them. Infected are like brainless zombies, they don't have a choice, but hunters are scum. Also, you can't use Joel's hearing playing survivor difficulty, and they spot you more easily. If you try it, you'll see it's almost a different game. DocVinewood (talk) 21:17, March 10, 2014 (UTC)
It's not that glitch again, but the missing images seem to be lost forever and it's better to replace them. I've just been replacing some of them and re-uploading my pics in a higher quality format lately.
Thanks for reporting that guy. I don't want to be to harsh on him/her, since the user is probably just a bored kid, who thinks vandalizing Wikia pages is something "oh so funny". So I blocked them for one day.
Next time, depending on the infraction, I might give them a 3 day block, or maybe an infinite one, if they really screws up.
No doubt. I'll be here to solve it, though,
If you ever need help with anything else, let me know. I'll see what I can do.
Oh yeah, forgot to block him. Also, they shouldn't be blocked fully straight away as they might not know. Let me know if you see him again after 1 month and I'll give him a permenant block. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 17:12, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
Seems like VaultBoy Tom has already done just that.
Good looking out.
You got it. :)
I turned his page into a blog post on his user blog now.
Land Act Dam
Hey, now that you're here... do you keep the picture that you originally uploaded in the Land Act Dam page? As you can see it's missing, so you could upload it again if you still keep it in your computer. DocVinewood (talk) 18:25, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
You don't have to wait until the picture is deleted, you can upload a new version of the file. Go here: http://gta.wikia.com/File:Land_Act_Dam-_GTA_V.jpg, and click on "Upload a new version of this file". Then you just select the file (I think it needs to have the same name) and replace the missing picture :) DocVinewood (talk) 18:34, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, it's me again :) I've seen your question in the Wichita Gardens page about linking to Wikipedia articles... you just have to type "wp:" before the page you want to link. For example, typing [ [wp:Los Angeles|L.A.] ] (without the spaces) will take you to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles, and read L.A.. You only have to type what's after http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/, not the whole url. Cheers. DocVinewood (talk) 01:23, March 23, 2014 (UTC)
His "contributions" page displays that he has been globally blocked across Wikia, so probably he caused trouble on other Wikis too. If you see any more uncivil types around here, just contact me. I'm not inactive, I'm just renaming images, something that doesn't show up on the Recent Wiki Activity. BTW if you want to play GTA Online with me or Vaulty, just contact us and we can schedule it. Bye! --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:34, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks, Smashbro. I'll surely enjoy being an admin - after the end of June. I have so much to learn for exams, I wake up early eveyday... the exams will decide my future high school. I might even shut down my PC definetely starting May until the exams are over. Just when I can't be very active, I've been promoted. What an irony!Dodo8 Talk 15:53, April 3, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm in the 8th grade. It depends on this year's exams how good the high school I'll go to will be. Dodo8 Talk 06:37, April 5, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, I know. I'm just going for the technicals and specifics. The Entity XF page has the coupé category, but the Vacca page does not. According to Google, coupé means "a car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear." Carl Johnson Jr. (talk) 00:12, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
The articles where I remove piped links are the articles where I fix something else. If I only remove piped links, there would be almost all pages edited but I simply do not touch links there because it's a waste of time fixing them.
The reason why I would actually replace piped link is because redirects exist and are meant to be used instead of piped links. I haven't found any rule about piped links, I just use common sense if there is something that needs to be added, fixed or removed.
content creator help
when i came to create more missions for grand theft auto online the creator is missing!!!!!!!!!!!! can u find me a way to bring back the creator???????????? Commentadder (talk) 00:18, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
Please stop deleting my post on the Bahama Mamas talk page, even if you don't believe me and won't go check it out someone else may see it and go confirm it.
And the reason I think it looks wierd is because you can see that face with an orange tint if you look at it from certain angles, at least in multiplayer where I could get into the club. Desacabose (Talk) 12:15, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
If you want you can look on The Tom's page for a more detailed explanation of what I saw, I've been kind of tired recently so I didn't really want to go into detail yesterday. It's completely understandable if you don't believe me, but I think it's easy enough for me to prove. Desacabose (Talk) 16:16, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
Apparently it's a new image glitch. Some images are appearing blurry and stretched to some users - I thought he'd just uploaded bad images. I'm giving it a day to see if it sorts itself out, if not I'll contact Wikia. Tom Talk 21:12, April 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Smash. I was just surfing around the wiki and saw all the edits you have done just today. You know, since there is a vacant patroller spot you should file a request for promotion before someone else beats you to it. You are such a great editor on the wiki and it would be I believe a real benefit to have you as part of the staff. Anyways see you around. Sasquatch101 (talk) 05:05, April 25, 2014 (UTC)
Dude, this user is vandalizing everything here, please help me remove everything that he puts okay and I'm started to feel sick from the pics that he uploaded ;( Cloudkit01 (talk) 03:23, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
There is a serious troll attack going on! Have you told the rest of the staff!!!! These disgusting images must be taken down. We can't have users seeing this garbage. Has anyone contacted Wikia yet to block this creep??? Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:44, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
It's good to know this is getting cleaned up, but this is outrageous. The photos must be taken down. I can't believe someone would attack the wiki like this. It's truly disgraceful. Sasquatch101 (talk) 04:54, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
Wow. I feel very uneasy because he still isn't blocked and could start vandalising again. I don't need my user page messed with. Damn why is it no one is around to block this freak. I got to go and eat diner now. I really am worried he will come back. Hopefully Wikia will show up before he comes back. Sasquatch101 (talk) 05:05, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
Me too. I've heard of this vandal (joshualeverberg) before and it seems like hes a senior vandal. But I've never heard of anything this vile. Fuck, how could the freak who did this even search for those images. He must be some 50 year old perv. Boomer8 (talk) 05:40, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
About the Vandal
I was not expecting this, but I just saw the wikia activity from yesterday and... man, I feel sorry for what you and Cloud must have passed with that guy. Why the patrollers can't block users? Cloud is the member of the staff that I most see in the wikia and you have applied to be a patroller too. If you and Cloud could block users what happened last night could have been prevented. 558050 Talk 8:44 30 April, 2014 (UTC)
This punk-ass troll is someone called JOSHUALEVERBURG, an old vandal in here. He has been around here before I even joined the wiki, and it was almost 2 years ago that I did, so you can see what kind of sorry crazy deadbeat trash this guy is.
GTA Wiki is the best...
f uck forget the rest.*
- The rest being the vandals.
No, I don't think it's necessary. This poor business comes and goes, every once in a while, we just have to be aware of new accounts vandalizing our Wiki.
Personally, I think we should have a feature that would tell us about recently signed up users with a big number of edits, so we could detect these vicious ones sooner and easier.
However, this would cause expert vandals to know of this, and vandal less frequently, to avoid the radar.
All we can really do is keep being cautious of these people.
Ignore him and he'll go away, respond to him and he'll get what he wants and stay. A new admin based on one incident is a drastic response. It was a pretty bad attack, but he's done it before and sadly Wikia can't really do anything to stop it properly, ignoring him and not giving him the reaction he wants is the only real option. If he sees the mass hysteria he caused it'll only drive him on. I appreciate the effort you all put in to revert his edits, and I get how helpless you must've felt knowing you can't block him, but a block would only stop him for 2 minutes while he made a new account. It's an issue Wikia are aware of but they have issues stopping people like him entirely, they don't like blocking IP's in case it's shared, and even then the user could just go on their phone or use another computer. Tom Talk 17:00, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
RE: About the Vandal
Well, I saw in the profile page of the vandal that he was block for infinite time, so that's already something. Let's just move forward and try to forget this. Good luck in the patroller business, acording to the votes in the promotion page, you're pratically already there. 558050 Talk 20:51, 30 April, 2014 (UTC)
You can still leave a vote. You don't have to be a member of the staff to participate in voting. It says on the page any member of the community can cast a vote. Plus other people have voted in the past and it counts. Sasquatch101 (talk) 21:57, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
If a user keeps on igniting a edit war with you, do not keep on going on reverting his edits after he reverts yours, so forth and so forth. Either message him, telling him to stop, or tell an administrator. That way, we won't initiate World War VIII.
Welcome on board of the Staff boat. Good luck!
You know where to message me, buddy.
Hey, Smashbro, congrats on the patroller promotion. You now have the Rollback tool. Use it against vandalized articles; one click and it is reverted, in case you didn't know. Glad to be working along side you. :)
I am pissed off not only because both of Sasquatch's requests were unfairly taken down, not only that he was unfairly demoted, but because he has now been infinite blocked! Its disgraceful that he is getting the same punishment a vandal should. He was a great editor and he shouldn't be shamed like this. And you're welcome. Boomer8 (talk) 19:09, May 4, 2014 (UTC)
Oh shit! I'm really sorry, bro. My mind was somewhere else...
I'll be right back with your staff avatar!
- Anyway, I've found two images of Ryder; 1) Ryder with Sweet 2) Ryder with CJ. Which one would you like to have as an avatar? -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 15:54, May 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Smash. I just need to ask something. I want to create a page for the girl that is attacked by the members of the Altruist Cult in the Senora Desert. I want to create a page for her and not the mission, so I can talk about both the mission and the girl without needing to create two pages, like the Snatched and Snatched Girl pages. More like the Runaway Bride and Castro Lagano. However, she does not say her name, so I need to create a name for the page.
On GTA Myths Wiki, you wrote this on Sasquatch101's message wall.
- Lol you don't have to have a Wii to edit there. Just do a lil research, edit any mistakes. I'm pretty sure you'll do fine. With GTA Wiki, I don't know how to really approach The Tom without angering him or another bureaucrat unless you sneak under another user name and talk to him on another wiki.
Read our multiple accounts policy, then our sockpuppetry policy. The last thing Sasquatch or any of his sympathizers should be doing is encouraging sneaking. Jeff (talk·stalk) 18:49, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Yep. My favorite car in the entire series since Vice City has been the Infernus, I loved his "little brother" the Vacca and now I can't wait for his "big brother". This reminds me that I really need to update my user page. Every time that I have time to update it, I'm attacked by laziness.
- I think I will finish the Altruist Cult Victim page and try to post some things there. At least my favorite missions and cars. 558050 558050 18:00, 6 May, 2014 (UTC)
You shouldn't worry about angering me, I'm not an angry person. I can see from his messages on the myths Wiki that he isn't willing to accept any blame and seems to expect me to apologise to him and admit that I was wrong - which I won't do as I wasn't. A conversation between us at this stage wouldn't be productive, maybe in the future when he's able to see things from my viewpoint. The best thing to do is just leave it for now, let things settle down.
- I get it. I have no issue with him having friends on the Wiki, talk to him all you want mate. Just don't feel as though you can't approach me. We may not have had a great start when we first came into contact, but you've really grown and I think you're on the right track, so don't worry about approaching me. Tom Talk 21:14, May 7, 2014 (UTC)
I'm sorry if what I create is unnecessary. Though, if you believe future DLCs are unnecessary, that makes no sense. It would be the same to mark up the High Life Update and Heists pages for deletion. It's the same as deleting the Future DLC page. I believe a lot of people would like to know the speculation of upcoming DLC, recent knowledge, and the release dates of them. I know I would. ~-The Derp Squad-~
Well, I believe future DLC is necessary. A lot of people would like to know when The High Life Update will come out, and when Heists will come out. Since you are a GTA V fan: I just found out that Rockstar is releasing heists definately in spring, around Watchdogs' release. Anytime before June 8th. Since patches are usually released on the pattern of the 3rd or 4th of every other month, heists will most likely be released on the usual patch release or when Watchdogs is released.
Happy Birthday :) Zentorno 12:38 May 18,2014 (UTC)
Brandon.marino.98 (talk) 21:34, May 18, 2014 (UTC)
I just got the email because I didnt see the post and I forgot to signature so I reposted. Sorry!
Also, I didn't want sasquatch101 knowing about my report but oh well. Ive searched all day trying to find out how to contact a person who can help me file when I file a report. Now that my article was posted, who can help me, or how can I report him properly?
There doesn't seem to be an issue with our messages so don't worry. He's clearly new to Wikia and he has no idea what he's doing, I'm not sure that there's need for a block just yet. Tom Talk 23:41, May 18, 2014 (UTC)
Enjoy it? HA! I'm not going to strive next year, a soon to be voice actor like me doesn't go to strive and a girl that likes me and I like her (girlfriend online), who lives in Texas, doesn't know about it because I didn't want her to be worried about me. Never mind what I say, me messages are getting so long just my thousands unread emails eh dude :P Cloudkit01 (talk) 13:10, May 22, 2014 (UTC)
Welllllllllllll, I don't know yet, I need a agent, like every actors and actresses has, and I need to have my own official site but I don't know how to make my own official site though. Cloudkit01 (talk) 13:27, May 22, 2014 (UTC)
I already have the game and I'm over half of the plot. For me this game is far from being perfect (nothing is), but it has that one thing I've yearned for so many months: FUN. And this game is a lot of fun. It's insane. It's ridiculous. It's over-the top. And it's the most fun I've had with any 2014 game to date.
But as I said - it is far from being perfect; subpar driving mechanics, generic storyline, bland protagonist, "last-gen" graphics. Despite its long development time (including a delay), the game lacks the polish of some other Ubisoft games such as Assassin's Creed 2, 4, and Far Cry 3. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 12:57, May 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Aiden is the typical boring, bland protagonist, "badass for the sake of being badass". Sure, he has his moments, but I personally prefer protagonists such as AC4's Edward and GTA4's Niko. They are given far more personality and development than Aiden does. I finished the story, BTW. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 06:42, May 31, 2014 (UTC)
You seem to be rather knowledgeable and helpful, so can you please check the Rat-Loader and Duneloader pages when you have the chance? Thanks in advance. I. C. Weiner (talk) 16:12, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
What's fake about this?You are being such a naive moderator, you don't ask for source, you just blatantly delete hollering 'FAKE'.
The proof is, the person who posted this picture has access to the game files.
To add on to that, here is an image of the in-game files. This is not fake.
They do need deleting, so next time you're online message me and if I'll give you temporary rights. Thanks for offering to help with that.
- Alright then. Oh, aha. I'll do that now then. Info on beta stuff should really be on the relevant beta pages, tell him that. Was he abusive to you or anything? If so I'll give him a warning. Tom Talk 14:30, June 14, 2014 (UTC)
fanmade categories and of media that never got made. And categoies diveding the same tipe of enemies., Thoose should just be put in one big categoie. Also adding the new head template to page would be a huge hlep. Starfox u (talk) 23:41, June 24, 2014 (UTC)
Security Guards name
Hey Smash, this guy thinks the Unnamed Security Guard's name is Jaspers, but I think Jaspers is a fake name because we don't know what the security guard's name is, could you investigate that, thanks man. Cloudkit01 (talk) 21:01, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
1. Thanks man! 2. Could you tell Rafman 400 that Jaspers is a fake name for the Unnamed Security Guard and give him/her a warning for editing warring or warring editing at me. And 3. I don't know, and I don't know who keeps changing everything on IMDB, I couldn't even find Chuck Montgomery on the full cast and crew of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on IMDB. There must be a user somewhere who has IMDB account so she/he can change everything back to the way it was before you know. Cloudkit01 (talk) 21:25, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
I don't know what you mean by fake, its in the game. I love this game as much as you guys, I would never want to disseminate false info. Thats why i'm so set on getting this corrected. You can see his name tag when he rips M's mask off. I WARN YOU it is very hard to catch but IT IS THERE! Rafman400 (talk) 21:42, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
Security Guard's name
Hey there Smashbro. I know we haven't really talked much in the past, but I just wanted to clear up this little disagreement going on here about the guard's name. His name is Jaspers, if you watch the gameplay video for the Prologue mission, his nametag can be clearly seen a few instances. You can see it when he emerges from behind the wall to take Michael at gunpoint, and then you can see it even closer after he pulls Michael's mask off. His name is undoubtedly Jaspers. RageQuit Talk 22:04, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
Also you mods need to clean up your act. I make a find and I'm greeted with warnings and block threats!
Regarding the Guard's name
His nametag does say 'Jaspers'. I honestly think it's just a random nameRockstar came up with for the nametag - it's possible that other security guards' nametags (if they do have nametags) say 'Jaspers'. Until this is not proven (or disproven), let's keep him unnamed - to be honest, I have no idea why we have a page for a nameless, minor character, doesn't make sense to me. Also, very minor characters sometimes don't get credit in the end - just if you wondered why you couldn't find him in the credits.
Hey Smash, I notice that your talkpage has 162 messages, do you know how to make a Talkpage Archive. If you don't know how to make a talkpage archive, I'll show you how to talkpage archive as easy and quick for you. Let me know about it Smash. ;3 Cloudkit01 (talk) 15:37, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
Your welcome, I'll show you how to make archive when I go back on my laptop because it's giving me problems, but for now, I'm using my Kindle that I got as my graduation present to let you know about this, see ya once I'm back on my laptop.
You can use that one. I think it was the "All businesses" category that I had more of an issue with. I was planning on organising the categories with subcategories, but that's far too big a job. So yeah, go ahead and use the "Businesses" category. Tom Talk 10:46, June 29, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Watch Dogs
Threating users? you must be kidding me all I said that they're editing it wrong ballas are shooting at the ballas in the voodoo I did that alot of times and it still happens damn when I thought I will finally find a safe site damn I'm wrong whenever I go people start hating me and they ban me and all I say is wrong and nobody belives me my life sucks that's why I have my laptop but no somebody has to make it worse.
also there it doesn't say anything about cheats not welcome but I have seen it on pages on this wikia but whenever I post a video that has something to do with mission Sweet & Kendl that ragequit guy deletes it saying it is a cheat ...
Also I thought this woudl be a fun site but no somebody has to ruin it example you I wasn't even threating him did I said I would kill him? No I only warned him because he's annoying and if you ban me I will create another account but I won't be nice then. So don't ban me.
Ok But I did the video and it wasn't false info the normal ballas saw the ballas from voodoo shooting at me so they started shooting at them. Hope you understand what I meant this is true. also somebody else changed the wiki page again it didn't happen like that -.- and I'm mad I have to correct this everytime. somebody said video is here
- If Ryder, Big Smoke, or Sweet accidentally fall into the water while riding on their bikes, they will dismount from their bikes and continue the chase in another vehicle.
Somebody did that altough that is not true if homies dismount from their bikes' while in water they will die.
someone also keeps editing this
- During the final cutscene, Ryder can be seen riding his bike around the cul-de-sac and doing wheelies while Big Smoke and Sweet talk to Carl. If you used a car during the chase and leave it sitting in the middle of the Grove Street cul-de-sac, Ryder will crash through the vehicle quite violently and it will get pushed away very easily, as if it was very light. A video of this can be seen here.
this one is also wrong as you mostly won't leave vehicles next to marker (why would you) you will just drive on the marker and in cutscene cj will be standing and the vehicle will be next to him and ryder will crash into it..
someone also edited this
- Ryder, Sweet, and Big Smoke won't fall off their bikes no matter what hits them.
I added proof but somebody deleted it from wikia again
okay this is all reply on my profile when you see this
I don't know how to
RE: The High Life Update
Yes I downloaded it, but honestly capturing images is time consuming and the car pics that were added look good enough to me. I'm going out soon for my summer holidays and I probably won't edit here again until September. Maybe I can add pics for one of the cars this weekend though, since I don't leave until Monday. DocVinewood (talk) 17:02, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Hello dude, i'm AndreEagle17 and i recently merged the Sabre Turbo page in a generic way, only by moving all the texts from Sabre GT page to Sabre Turbo, so i wanted to tell a good member like you or Cloudkit1 that i have done that and if it is correct or wrong, because in fact they are the same car, evidenced by the appearence, name, mechanics and performance, if you can clean it up and delete the Sabre GT page, i'd be grateful :) (AndreEagle17 (talk) 20:28, July 18, 2014 (UTC))
I recently posted a picture I took of a military soldier reloading an RPG inside Fort Zancudo and it got deleted. I read the image policy and I still don't understand why it got deleted. If I there is anything I can do to get it back up again please say how and also tell me why it got deleted.
you can try playing sweet & kendl and let ballas follow you to normal ballas the ballas from voodoo will be shooting at you but as usually if other gang is shooting near other gang they will attack each other this happens here too
except that the voodoo doesn't actually attack the normal ballas because they're scripted to attack cj only
if you use recruit everybody cheat you break the script so the ballas will obey cj you cj can command ballas to attack normal ballas and they will get hurt but the normal ballas will be only shooting to passanger balla because he is the one shooting and if the driver balla exits the vehicle he won't be getting shoot unless he starts shooting at cj around normal ballas
well because they're scripted that's why they probably can hit other ballas
recruited normal ballas when shooting at normal ballas their shoots will go through them and they won't get hurt and they will feel like it's nothing
but if the balla isn't recruited and another balla crashes into their car they will start shooting at each other and they will get hurt.
Also are cheats allowed I have seen cheats at some "missions" in this wikia and some of my edits got removed because cheats aren't allowed -.-" if cheats aren't allowed then why are they on that mission page?
I would never find so many stuff without cheats now I found a Sweet&his bike& ballas voodoo underground which is amazing and I am making a video about it right now
It's funny how I thought that I will make like four videos but later I realised it's lots more lol
click here for all of my videos about Sweet&Kendl mission in GTA SA
As I can see you don't belive me eh just go play gta sa sweet&kendl and let the pink voodoo chase you then go to glen park and find ballas then stop moving and let the pink voodoo come near when the normal ballas will see the shooting they will start shooting at the passanger balla
if can't wait then do it yourself because my video is uploading for too long the longer version of ballas attacking each other
You don't have GTA SA? what a shame I thought you did
Also this barely takes 5 minutes
2.Start the mission Big Smoke
3.Get on the bike and drive to glen park or somewhere where ballas are at then wait and see how they're gonna destroy the voodoo
I thought you completed it?
anyway you don't have to restart the game just go to new game and play the mission sweet&kendl and you don't need to save and your save file which you are "far" will be fine
what problems do u have
i tryn upgradingthose pages
only cause i played this game long time
i wanna share my knowledge
the quality is 720x576ip
so (HD) by the way alot of pics in wiki are not better
I cant find better once,
What u mean with picture policity ?
I dont wanna edit
if u can do it better do it but please dont delete it only
its knowledge and should be shown for everyone
im sry for messin it but im not trained in it
so would u edit it ?
Damn do u know how long if searched for a way to write with people here?
i only write with u cause u have link on ur page
it not a camera its a screenshot from a HD game capture played on ps3, so it was allready upskaled on HD
Dude better is not possible
gramma is no prob
I keep posting pictures to the military and police sections but they are getting deleted. I followed all of the rules and they shouldn't be taken down. It is very frustrating to have to keep reposting them over and over again. Whoever is deleting them should be punished and it needs to stop.
do u have San Andreas for PC ?
if ye u could take some pics
One and the Same
when u have it for PC u can take a screenshot or using snippingtool
i took new screenshots and upgraded the quality
then i found a theme which is probably better for the content
i edited new pics and put the pics of the hidden icon on it
overwrited the text and called the images correct
hope its correct now
please check it and mesg me
Really? Thanks allot man :D.
Really? Thnx allot man :D
I also would like to edit the radar symbols Like on the German site http://de.gta.wikia.com/wiki/Radar
Ye sure I try the days
Man forgot to say, if u got anything to record just ask. As I already said I have a HD Game Capture, all GTAs and Special Mods for GTA IV PAL & NTSC version. I recorded things like Horn Deodorant or Gas Stations. So if u got anything to record just ask :D.
I am very nervous people trying to cause vandalism to the wiki because of I cannot put anything to make proof because I can't put pictures,considered violating the copyright now,then what to do? Sean.drew.535i (talk) 09:15, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
So I was wondering did you get any gta 3D/HD games for free? because I really want to play other GTA games too not just GTA SA and GTA 3
I had GTA SA for 4 years now .-.
I actually thought they were expensive because they're that good. I can't buy them no money...
Dude I never had money and the age doesn't matter I'm already underaged for gta which is +18... and they probably don't sell gta games in here...
I already talked about this in Michael's talk page, but I think it will take a very long time until someone go check what I wrote there, so I'm gonna talk with you.
What do you think of simple puting 1965/1968 in Michael's date or birth? Because you guys did the exactly same thing with the Gay Tony page! We will finally end all this debate about Michael's age and we will don't need to worry about people changing Michael's date of birth anymore. What do you think? 558050 Talk 23:42 22 July, 2014 (UTC)
I think it's the best solution. If we keep the "mid-to-late 60's", almost every new person who joins the wiki will keep changing to 1965, based on what they saw on Michael's grave. At least with 1965/1968, they will think twice before editing and may look at the trivia and see why we use two years. And again, the Gay Tony page uses the exactly same method! Hell, sometimes the best solutions are the simple ones.
- There are some. AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 00:49, July 25, 2014 (UTC)
- R* deleted one or two missions, better graphics and differences in some textures. AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 00:53, July 25, 2014 (UTC)
- They deleted Spin and Go, and I don't know if deleted other mission. AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 00:59, July 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Do you want the link? AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 01:13, July 25, 2014 (UTC)
- R* deleted one or two missions, better graphics and differences in some textures. AK-28 (Talk ⋆ Edits) 00:53, July 25, 2014 (UTC)