Hi, welcome to GTA Wiki. Thanks for contributing to the GTA Wiki talk:Community Portal page, and for taking interest in the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything, or as alternatives, leave a post on a forum, or refer to the Help pages. -- Gta-mysteries (Talk) 04:00, 2010 November 16
Hi, welcome to GTA Wiki. Thanks for contributing to the Talk:Burrito page, and for taking interest in the wiki. Please leave a message on my talk page if I can help with anything, or as alternatives, leave a post on a forum, or refer to the Help pages. JBanton (talk) 23:35, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
RE: GTA V Burrito
Hi thanks for your question, it's most likely two different versions of the van (the bugstars version is the newest version) and yes, the Mule is returning in GTA V as you can see here in different shots. Any more questions please ask :) ~Instu
I'll check it out. An easy way to keep withing the image policy is to follow up the vehicle name with the title of the game it features in e.g. "DewbaucheeClassic (Front&Side)-GTAV.jpeg" with the name, angle and game title. It makes it easier for anybody to find the image.
On a more positive note, thanks for contributing to the vehicle articles while I was absent. It's good to see that members of the community like you share an interest in vehicles. If you're going to be rocking GTA Online on ps3 let me, I'll be cool to offer extra firepower or just chill out with cars. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 17:39, September 2, 2013 (UTC)
I have renamed your image, it certainly is an unmarked law enforcement version of the Granger. We could wait until the game's release or work together to determine what it is beforehand. It appears that a member of the SWAT team is hanging on the side of it. It lacks external police lighting, extra push bars and any markings, and a black paint scheme. It looks very much like it could be an "FBI Granger". JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 18:31, September 2, 2013 (UTC)
Smh, I figured that but I was just trying to help out! How do I get the photos to follow the image policy? Smashbro8 (talk) 16:13, September 12, 2013 (UTC)Smashbro8
- Just read the page, see this for example:
|File:Viceport-GTAVC-Northeastwards.jpg||File:Northeast view of Viceport in GTAVC.jpg|
|File:Rhino-GTACW.jpg||FIle:Rhino in Chinatown Wars.jpg|
|File:DesertEagle-GTASA-icon.png||File:DesertEagle GTASA icon.png|
Re: The heads up
I'm about to go nuts
before the turn of the next hour I'm going to upload an image train. Watch out for the filenames and if they don't have an article yet there's this template that will help you quickly create articles, just copy and paste from that page in edit mode. Thanks for major help at this time, very much appreciated. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:36, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Creating articles
Here's how I do it;
- Head to the template plate and click "edit"
- Highlight everything in the editing area
- Ctrl + C
- Create a new blank article with whatever name
- Click in the editing area and then Ctrl + V
Just for your information, the category Stubs is automatically added to the page if the template is added, so you don't have to worry about it. :) --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 18:05, September 17, 2013 (UTC)
Join us, please?
- About the map? Daaamn man, I am helping out about everything in GTA V but specially neighborhoods and counties in GTA V. Missions too by the way. Your help would be very thankful. See ya around :) --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:38, September 25, 2013 (UTC)
Bay City Apartment
- I do have the game. There is no icon for the Bay City Apartment. You can only buy businesses. Post a picture or something, otherwise, I'm going to just trust what Rockstar said, and what I've seen for myself in the game. Tom Talk 16:52, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
- There are 15 purchasable businesses, and no purchasable safehouses. If you didn't know this for sure then why did you even bother trying to argue your point? If you haven't tried it then why would you act like you know for sure? My name appears green because I'm a Bureaucrat, only Staff get coloured names. Tom Talk 16:58, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Police Buffalo?
File name suggestion
- Also in future, If I make an edit you disagree with, message me about it. Rather than do that you said “quit it” and “leave it” in the edit summaries. I tried to contact you to sort it out, but you just continued to revert it. Going about things in a dickish way like that, just makes things harder to sort out. Tom Talk 19:58, September 26, 2013 (UTC)
Please please please I need help!!!!! Whenever I go to the scrapyard in La puerta, there is this gang there. They seem like mafia and I think they might be armenian, however I'm not sure. They seem to be white with beards, gold chains and seem younger than the other Armenians. They also dont have accents. They hang out in the scrapyard and they drive around streets of La Puerta. Some of them also have a dragon like design on their jeans. So my question is are they part of the Armenian mafia? Or they some unknown caucasion gang? Please answer and thank you.
You will know more than me on that, I'm yet to test drive everything. I'm hitting the end of the story; once that's out of the way then I'll start test driving. I rarely see the Prairie, is it any good? JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- The spawning system strikes me as a bit odd; sometimes it's based on the type of vehicle that you drive, sometimes the area and sometimes it just seems random. All I know is that the Adder has one specific spawn point :). JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:29, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
I'm glad we have stuff in common. Thanks very much.
Re: Adder & Wanted level
On the Adder article, the gallery has a map with the cursor on the spawn point.
I'm looking at Bleeter right now and going through all of it. The bleet was from him. You're saying he died during your playthough? Maybe the cops accidentally shot him while you were escaping, cause I had the girls near him get shot by the cops while I was trying to get on a seashark, so it's not a stretch that he got shot by the cops during your playthrough. Shadowrunner(stuff) 20:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Idk what happened in your game, but I didn't get that news story. I just too the seasharks and left him there. I recently replayed the mission to see what happens if you kill him and Lamar makes a joke that "you clipped the Clip.", but that's all I noticed. Something must've happened to MC Clip during your playthrough, cause idk how he made a bleet if he's suppose to die. Shadowrunner(stuff) 20:11, September 29, 2013 (UTC)
What did you do the "Beta Vehicles" page?! It's all messed up with a bunch text! What happened?
Alright. I'm sorry I snapped at you. How can it be fixed though?
It's okay, it always happens to me like a million times which it pisses me off to the limit *made a refernce to a episode*. Could you added them, I don't have them what you told me okay. Cloudkit01 (talk) 02:49, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Re: GTA Online
Many players are reporting issues with that first race, Rockstar put out a statement yesterday, saying that they are looking into the issue and hope to have it fixed by this weekend at least. I too have suffered the disappearing character thing, but don't mind starting again, seeing as I only made it to level 6 and hadn't bought any cars, garages and whatnot. I haven't tried the first race yet. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 16:20, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
It's not an issue. I understand that not all users know all the templates. I'll look into the "24hr Auto Repairs" issue soon, but I just need to see for myself before deleting anything. Tom Talk 00:08, October 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Firstly, 'deceased characters' is ONLY for characters who will always die in the game, regardless of choice. And secondly, Tao's in the category? d'Fuck? -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 17:58, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Dimitri will always die, no matter which ending you choose. In short, don't add characters that CAN die to the category of characters who'll DIE regardless of choice/ending/blast/heist/etc. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:05, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, that's another problem; we are yet to figure out how and when we will re-organize the categories. Basically we try to lower the numbers of categories here by removing those we consider 'useless/pointless/dumb/WTF'. There are simply too much of them and we're still breaking our heads on how to re-organize 'em. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:19, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Done. Both pages have been deleted. -- ILan (XD • Edits • Home ) 18:38, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
- That's not how it works. You wait for a decent quality photo and never have a poor quality one, it makes the Wiki look bad. Also, don't create a new heading for every new message, if it's the same discussion then post the next messages under the same heading, make sure to indent them too. Also, are you singing messages "~~~~Smashbro8"? 23:01, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
Don't start an edit war. I do a lot more than undo, I've reverted about 4 of your edits, all for valid reasons, so don't make ridiculous statements like that. Articles aren't for listing redundant facts. There are many buildings in which weapons can't be drawn, it's not like it's a unique feature. Tom Talk 23:16, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- The club is a mission based interior, I'm pretty sure that you can't draw a weapon in any mission based interior. I don't care what you say happened one time for you, you're not supposed to be able to draw weapons in safehouses. As I've stated before, Vanilla Unicorn is a safehouse - another reason why the inability to draw weapons isn't special. What people use this Wiki to find out which buildings you can shoot up? If they have the game then surely it would be easier to go to the club and find out for themselves. Tom Talk 23:27, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Every single fact? Really? Really? Every single one? Do you even understand how stupid that statement was. So should we add to the article of each enterable building if you can draw weapons inside or not? Also, this coming from a guy who was adamant that you could buy safehouses in GTA V before he even owned the game? Anyway, this is your warning. Your last message was uncivil and as such you have broken the GTA Wiki rules, if you speak to me or anybody else on this Wiki like that again, you will receive a block. Tom Talk 23:39, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, I don't think I've ever disagreed with a bad review you've given of GTA V. Tom Talk 23:41, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
Hahaha, unobtrainable. Either a typo, or a HILARIOUS pun. :)
i know,they did the same thing with Bullet GT,now in GTA V is named Bullet wish is the same car from GTA San Andreas.
Hi Smashbro8 ;) Thank you for help. I'm new on this wiki and don't know editing very well.
I think the Uranus is based off of the mustang
It says in the Uranus article: "The Uranus is redesigned for GTA IV, having been branded with a Vapid badge. The car is strongly based off of the 1979-1993 Ford Mustang, with the front being..." Here is the Wikipedia article showing the mustang. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_(third_generation), they both look similar
Are you about to update the legendary motorsport vehicle list? I was planning to do it, but if you're doing it I guess I don't have to.
Hey, man. Thanks for editing the Grand Theft Auto page. But thie thing is the GTA logo used today was used since GTA IV. Not. V. Like i said in my summary, the detail of the logo (representing the new HD Era) was used or is being used since GTA IV came out. They did not start using it when GTA V came out. Just thought i'd let you know. RealgrandpaJoeWCG (talk) 04:00, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
Races in GTA V
Thanks for doing that. That was one of the things that me and Ilan were planning to do so you saved us a job. I'm not sure what other categories need completely removing, but there will undoubtedly be some so I'll keep an eye out. If you're looking for something to do you could always categorise any uncategorised pages, there's a list here. Tom Talk 22:38, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- The gallery was closed. Look at my edit to the page to see how I closed it.
- If you want to create a new userbox then just copy the code from another userbox template, make a few adjustments and you're good. Check the userboxes that already exist before making your own though. Tom Talk 23:44, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Great. I just changed the layout of the templates to the same style as I have mine - listed rather than the way you had them.
- To be a patroller you need to request a promotion. Make a post stating why you believe you deserve to be a patroller and the community will vote. Tom Talk 21:08, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I'm not sure about it, a guy wrote it but with a sh*tload of grammar errors so I corrected them. Jeansowaty 16:44, December 12, 2013 (UTC)Jeansowaty
Oh ok then! Smashbro8 (talk) 16:46, December 12, 2013 (UTC)Smashbro8
Sorry for the mess up in the benefactor page and i have to change the name of the stretch e to stretch c
RE:Stoner Cement Works
Hey, I tried adding some locations to the DRIV3R wiki, but I am having a problem. The image on my hotel harrison page will not purge. :(
Thank you, and of course, I used to love this game when it came out, well not love it but I really thought it was cool because it was right before Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I just got done adding some HD photographs and updating links and information as well as documenting lots of locations like the Hagia Sophia and other places in Istanbul and all those famous mosques, there is more, but I have at least the main attractions down. I remember playing this as a kid and not knowing what any of the shit was about ^_^ but also, what I want from you is to know if I can start documenting each mission now. I want to know if you want me to do it like it's done here on the GTA Wiki where each mission has an article titled with its name, or if you want me to do something a certain way, etc. Robertbcolton (talk) 04:06, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Some templates require other templates to be created in order to work, so if it says you need to create another template, find the required template on here and create that template on your Wiki. Tom Talk 18:14, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Done. If you need anymore help let me know.
Well you need to have a rollback tool, but you can't have it until you become a patroller man, by the way, can you get rid of the messages by that user that tries to force me to join some stupid church of satan, I mean fuck Satan, he's not real you know right dude Cloudkit01 (talk) 01:36, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks man, I don't believe in Satan, Satan is not real & Satan has been murdered by himself, someone told me that one time, whatever I said, oh I said whatever because I don't want to bored you by what I'm saying or talking about mmk man, and like I said Smashbro, thanks man. Cloudkit01 (talk) 02:18, January 3, 2014 (UTC)
Michael de Santa
How do you his gravestone is incorrect?
He's blocked. He's a blatant vandal so he's gone for good. On 'Recent Wiki Activity' you should see a small icon next to each edit - it's a magnifying glass over paper - click it. It will show you the edit the user made and above it there will be a set of options, one will be 'undo', click that. Tom Talk 01:50, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
- That's the rollback tool, only staff members have that feature. What are you wanting to do? Tom Talk 03:16, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
You are adding the restricted areas category to every page that ends up being unlocked as the game progresses. It should only be areas that are restricted throughout the whole game. I'm going to change it to "Unlocked Areas" because they are not restricted. Sasquatch101 (talk) 03:29, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
Paleto Forest Sawmill
Re: Saints Row Wiki
Hey. Speaking about the block reason, it says that "[you] were informed that this wording was wrong, and edited the page while there was an on-going discussion about the issue.. http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/3rd_Street_Saints?diff=prev&oldid=171446". As far as I can see, the block was issued by 452 for incorrect wording ('Saint', and not 'Saints'; it indeed says so when you enter your own hood; you really might not know this if you didn't play the game). About reverting your edits; yes, he has undone/reverted edits where you used piped links. I usually try to get rid of piped links myself, if they can be kept simple. I'm not sure if he has blocked you for this reason also, because it is not mentioned in your block log. If you really think that I can deal with him, then I can't say anything yet; if that means you want him to be demoted, then it's something you should talk with Wikia staff about. I know 452 can sometimes be strict, I really do. You're currently not blocked on Saints Row Wiki and you can edit there. After all, Saints Row Wiki might be different than other Wikis and some other Wikis can block you for slightest mistake.
If something gets you blocked from Saints Row Wiki again or something else happens, then I might really talk with 452 about that.
I know they're pretty bad but that's not a valid reason to delete them. He has the right to create blogs, you can give him a little advice on his grammar if you want. The only problem there would be is if he started edting main pages - then his grammar would be an issue. Tom Talk 11:12, January 16, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks a lot Smash! I'll tell you when I'll be able to play GTA Online so we can schedule a free-mode event with the other Xbox Live users here in the Wiki. See ya around! --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 09:56, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- You're sure, they share small similarities to the Crown Vics but I think these two are the essentials. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:24, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hey there Smashbro. Feel free to request a spot to patroller. There are 3 people that we are asking to request but the promotion thing won't be like it was for the new admin, just the usual really. LS11sVaultBoy (Talk) 10:03, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Since you joined here, you helped us a lot with abstaining links from disambiguation pages, so I thought you would like the page. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 19:28, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Smash, I'll respond the question you asked Tom. Yes, you should put your request in the Active requets section. To know how to write your request, take a look at these examples. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 20:04, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
No, let me think about those categories. Also, I forgot to reply to your last message, people usually inform staff that they've applied, otherwise nobody really sees it. Tom Talk 10:56, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
http://www.1001fonts.com/canterbury-font.html :) - ( ★ ) 21:12, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Download it as a picture, then customize you signature and add it. ( ★ ) 21:23, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Type it's name. ( ★ ) 21:31, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Download the image of the text. - ( ★ ) 21:43, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Type it's name. ( ★ ) 21:31, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
[[Image:Smashbro8-Sig-pt1.png|65px|link=User:Smashbro8|Smashbro8]] ([[Image:Smashbro8-Sig-pt2.png|30px|link=User talk:Smashbrp8|Talk]])
Don't forget to check " I want to use wikitext in my signature ". - ( ★ ) 16:39, February 2, 2014 (UTC)
He can't edit it anymore. The maturity of some users is amazing, he went straight to "I fucked your mum", so original; then he went for "kill yourself", again, very creative. Tom Talk 22:37, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Haha, don't worry mate, I think it's funny that he thinks that kind of thing actually upsets people nowadays. I've been running Wikis since 2010, I'm used to kids not handling being corrected and/or blocked well and coming out with stuff like "I fucked your mum".
- I hadn't seen that message, if you have pictures upload them and add the info to the trivia section - unless you can think of a better way to incorporate the info into the article. Tom Talk 00:23, February 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I've been insulted by hundreds, and they all say the same things, it gets more tedious than upseting. Learning to deal with them is key to being a good staff member, if you get upset or insult them back you're giving them what they want, so you've got to laugh it off, ignore them, block them, and move on.
Big House Storage
Hi, I've just checked its location and it's in the LSIA area, although close to Banning and the Maze Bank Arena. It's a blue and yellow warehouse, if you want to confirm it.DocVinewood (talk) 16:25, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
I voted six days ago. When did you last check the page? I've closed the voting for your request now, you were unsuccessful. Make sure to read the comments and try again in the future. Tom Talk 17:05, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I won't forget. But more people need to vote on this request before it passes. I haven't found the boat. Tom Talk 17:10, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
Just asking,why did you remove my thing bout the LX2007 Vincent??I'm not giving false info,The VR-4 Galant actually exists and its a sporttier version of the Galant.
Excellent! One of the better games of last year. Clickers aren't so bad once you getto know them... oh wait...
http://gta.wikia.com/File:Smashbro8-Sig-pt2.png :) ( ★ ) 05:06, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah I know, I saw it yesterday too. The Checkout! page already existed and it listed all the Discount Store locations there, so I trusted that info. However I still think it's all part of the same chain.DocVinewood (talk) 17:37, February 22, 2014 (UTC)
Hey there. Do you know where the "Famous Hamburgers" restaurant is located in Paleto Bay? I only remember finding the sign that appears in Trevor's pic, but not the actual restaurant.DocVinewood (talk) 21:24, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Page needs renaming
I can't find the video but it's in the history thing on my laptop I'll look tomorrow because my laptop is dead and I have to study for a test in few days. TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 03:19, March 4, 2014 (UTC)TheAdamBomb2
- If you're an admin then warn him, if he continues to revert your edits give him a 3 day to 1 week block. If you don't have admin rights then you can apply for them at Community Central, I think the Wiki has to have been abondoned by staff for 2 or 3 months though, you'll be able to find out more info at CC. Tom Talk 18:03, March 5, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Business DLC
Yes, I have it on GTA Online. But I failed to download it on story mode. I'm trying to fix it as soon as possible. What you should do is start GTA V offline and then connect to Xbox Live while playing GTA V story mode, the update should appear to be downloading. And, I have something I need to ask you.
I'm about to buy a high-end apartment on GTA Online, but I don't want to buy the Eclipse Towers because everyone owns this one, and all the high-end apartments have the same interior. So, I have three candidates, which one do you think it would be the ideal?
- Alta Street apt. 57
- Richard Majestic apt. 51
- Weasel Plaza apt. 101
Can we discuss this Elegy thing tomorrow cause i'm using my phone and it is kind of messed up. It goes back to the home screen somtimes when I'm on the internet and closes all the tabs and plus its almost midnight where I am. But rims are just the outer edge of the wheel on a car and I think the person that originally added that pic and caption was referring to the wheels anyway. TheAdamBomb2 (talk) 05:11, March 7, 2014 (UTC)TheAdamBomb2