- 1 - Please sign your message using four tildes (the signature button left to the summary).
- 2 - If I send a message to you, respond the message in my talk page, or I will not know if you talked to me.
Hi Thomas. I'm Sam, the newest patroller. I'll be honest I didn't know you that well and I had voted for your demotion without knowing your full story. Having read it, I wanted to apologise in case I came across as a bit harsh with my "school is not an excuse" reasoning. I didn't mean it as a personal attack and having heard your side I fully appreciate your situation. SJWalker (talk) 15:16, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Great to know you Sam and thanks for what you did and are still doing to the Wiki right now. I have school from 8AM to 5PM, I'm home at 5:30 PM. From September to December, I had to study from 5:30 PM to 7PM; have dinner and a shower; and then do the homeworks from 8 to 9PM. My only free time was between 9 and 10 PM where I've been watching videos on my Youtube subscription box to keep updated about things I'm interested in. Now I barely have homeworks. This doesn't mean that I'm not going to college or anything like that but studying 24/7 gave me headaches. So, to finish, from the free time that I have now, school isn't really an excuse and if I had this free time from nowadays during Sept-Dec 2014, I would be active in the Wiki because of course, everyone who's an admin knows when to do his job and how. So, thanks for contacting me and see you around! :) --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 15:28, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
No problem. I understand fully what you mean about studying, I used to be in the same position. It's important you have a social life too as my cousin doesn't have one and works all the time, and the stress is starting to affect his health, so you need to "let off steam" whenever you can. Thanks for the support, and I hope we'll still see you on the Wiki in future. Look after yourself :) SJWalker (talk) 15:37, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
I would like to apologise if I sounded like an asshole in the community noticeboard. I understand what is like live without a social life, believe me, 6 years ago, I was just computer and video games, but I grew up and now I know how important is to have friends around you. Anyway, I hope you can still come back once in a while to the wikia, we can always use more hands here. Good luck, man. DLVIIIL Talk 15:52, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Life is always putting people down but we all end getting up. You didn't sound harsh or anything by the way. I'll be looking around here if there's anything where help is needed. Thanks. --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:31, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Thomas. Without wanting to sound insensitive, it doesn't actually matter to me what your reasons for inactivity are. Everyone here has a life outside of the internet and for all of us, things in our real lives will dictate how much time we can devote to volunteer activity like this. For what it's worth, I agree that school is far more important than any volunteer work on the internet. The inactivity vote was just that, a reaction to the bulk of the users holding administrative positions going MIA, not performing their duties and not giving any explanation for their absences. I read your message to The Tom and predicted you would be resigning but there was still nothing specific from you to confirm this, so you were included as an inactive admin who was voted to be demoted. I am sorry that the environment here made you feel like you needed to have courage to explain yourself. Best of luck in your education and whatever else is taking you away from us. - Sean (aka smurfy (coms) 20:40, January 21, 2015 (UTC) ).
- Hi Sean. But yeah, it's true. I have deep roots with this website back in the days. And now I'm realizing how things are actually moving on quickly. Personally it doesn't matter for me which position I'm holding, it's important to be sure that people here are working together and everything is at its finest. And about the school, I'll not get into problems with it due to my school change, that's great. I apologize again for not explaining my inactivity but I'm looking forward right now. Peace out and see ya around! --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:35, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Smash. Actually I'll still be editing :). Appreciate your support and I'm the one to thank you for everything you've already done here, and still doing it. See you around! --Thomas0802 • (talk • edits) 17:50, January 23, 2015 (UTC)