(Rear quarter view)
|Also known as||Utility Truck (GTA V)|
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Utility pick-up truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Manufacturer||Vapid (HD Universe)|
Brute (HD Universe)
GTA San Andreas
The Utility Van in GTA San Andreas resembles a GMC GMT400 work truck from the 1990s. The engine is definitely a diesel because of the slower shifting and deep sound, and it could very well be a V8 that is obviously underpowered to pull a heavy truck like that. It drives somewhat like a semi truck. The Utility Van is one of three vehicles in the game bearing a Sanitary Andreas logo, the other two being the Sweeper and Trashmaster.
In GTA V, the utility van appears in 5 different models. The first model uses the Contender's chassis and cab, and it features a custom truck bed. The other 4 variants are based on the Brute Stockade 8000. There is one with a flat bed 5th wheel body with plywood on the back. There is a cherry picker version, a medium work body version and, a large work body version.
The Utility Van does not have very good driving attributes, as it has a rather slow acceleration and top speed. This is probably because it is a very heavy vehicle. The braking is probably one of the Utility Van's best attributes, as it is above average.
GTA San Andreas
- The Utility Van is usually found near airports or industrial areas in the state and is commonly seen around Easter Bay International Airport.
- Found near the oil derricks.
- Found in industrial areas.
- At the Los Santos International Airport.
- Spawns on Mountain View Drive in Sandy Shores next to the Sandy Shores Medical Center.
- Spawns in the parking lot after completing Three's Company.
- Rarely spawns in industrial areas.
- The default radio stations for the Utility Van are:
- GTA San Andreas: K-Rose.
- Despite the name Utility Van, it is actually a modified pickup and not a van.
- Strangely, it shares the same front half as the Towtruck and Benson.
- There are 5 different trucks in GTA V under the name of utility truck.
- The cherrypicker-like attachment on the version 2 of the truck cannot be used.
- The front half of variant 1 of the Utility Van in GTA V appears to be based on the Contender from GTA IV.
- The front half of variant 2 of the Utility Van in GTA V is based off the Stockades front fascia.