|Vehicle type||Civilian/industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Utility pick-up truck|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA: San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto V
|Manufacturer||Vapid (HD Universe)|
Brute (HD Universe)
The Utility Van in GTA: San Andreas resembles a GMC GMT400 work truck from the 1990s. The engine is definitely a diesel because of the slower shifting and deep sound, and it could very well be a V8 that is obviously underpowered to pull a heavy truck like that. It drives somewhat like a semi truck. The Utility Van is one of three vehicles in the game bearing a Sanitary Andreas logo, the other two being the Sweeper and Trashmaster.
The Utility Van can tow a Utility Trailer, but the Utility Trailer is not found anywhere in San Andreas. It can only be obtained through the use of modifications or trainers. The Utility Van (known as Utility Truck in-game) is also making an appearance in Grand Theft Auto V with two different designs.
In GTA V, the utility van appears in 3 different models. The first is based in the Contender made by Vapid and the other two are based on the Brute Stockade 8000. There is a 'pick-up' version and a 'van' version.
The Utility Van does not have very good driving attributes, as it has a rather slow acceleration and top speed. This is probably because it is a very heavy vehicle. The braking is probably one of the Utility Van's best attributes, as it is above average.
- The default radio stations for the Utility Van are:
- GTA San Andreas: K-Rose.
- Despite the name Utility Van, it is actually a modified pickup and not a van.
- Strangely, it shares the same front half as the Towtruck and Benson.
- There are 3 different trucks in GTA V under the name of utility truck
GTA San Andreas
- The Utility Van is usually found near airports or industrial areas in the state, such as the main terminal of Easter Bay International Airport.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Found near the oil derricks.
- Found in industrial areas.
- At LSX.