It includes multiple 1920s mob-styled content: A new weapon (the Gusenberg Sweeper), a new vehicle (the Albany Roosevelt), multiple vintage clothing, a Flapper Bob hairstyle for female characters, a new action in the interaction menu (Blow Kiss), and 10 new jobs.
Unlike the previous content update (Beach Bum), the items were no longer free and could only be bought with in-game money. The ability to purchase the items in Online ended on the 3rd of March, yet players who obtained them throughout February got to keep the items for good even after the content update expired.
The next update after this is The Business Update.
Jobs / Services
Multiple Valentine-themed jobs have been added. Among these are Heartbreaker - A bike race in a heart-shaped track, Shotgun Marriage - A shotgun only team deathmatch around the Paleto Bay church, Property Values - a deathmatch on a cul-de-sac in Mirror Park, and others.
Character customization (Clothes, haircuts, etc.)
Multiple clothes, mostly vintage-themed, have been added. Among these are undergarments, double breasted suits, dresses, masquerade masks and valentine-themed t-shirts. There is also a Flapper Bob hairstyle exclusive for female characters.
|A powerful Thompson-based machine gun, bearing high damage but short range, being particularly useful at short to medium range combat.|
|A 1920s classic compact limousine, having moderate speed, heavy handle and high resistance to damage.|
- A new action, Blow Kiss, has been added to the actions menu.
- The Rat Loader is now capable of being stored in garages, and could be bought for free in Southernsanandreassuperautos.com during the time of the update. All of its upgrades were also free.
- This is the second holiday-themed update, the first being the Holiday Gifts and the third the Independence Day Special.
- After the Business Update (patch 1.13) many of the T-Shirts had disappeared from many players wardrobe. Rockstar had quickly fixed the issue.
- The name and overall theme of the DLC are a reference to the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre on February 14, 1929, led by late gangster Al Capone.
- The Gusenberg Sweeper is named after the contract killer Frank Gusenberg, who was "sweeped" in the massacre with a M1928A1 Thompson sub-machine gun.
- The Albany Roosevelt is named after the president Franklin D. Roosevelt, who helped to minimize gang activity in the early 1930s and is speculated to have used Al Capone's custom Cadillac (on which the in-game vehicle is inspired on).
- The action name, "Blow Kiss," did not appear when in a vehicle. It would just show "< >." However, this glitch has been patched.
- After the Business Update, many of the T-shirts from this update disappeared. Rockstar had quickly fixed the issue.