|Owner:||Isaac Penny (formerly)|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
- "The automobile manufacturer that pioneered the great American business model of low-quality mass production."
- ―Description at Bawsaq.com.
The Vapid Motor Company or simply Vapid (BAWSAQ: VAP) is an American automotive company in the HD Universe. According to advertisements in GTA V, it was founded in 1942. The player can buy stocks from then at the Bawsaq.com website in GTA V.
It is primarily based on Ford Motor Company (although Ford was founded in 1903, 39 years before) though some of Vapid's models resemble those made by Chevrolet, Dodge, Land Rover, and even International Harvester/Navistar International. In parody of Ford's famous blue oval badge, Vapid's logo is a red oval badge. The word 'vapid' means 'dull' but also sounds similar to 'rapid,' a possible motivation for the use of the name. Vapid is one of the largest car manufacturers in the HD Universe. Just like Ford, Vapid operated an aircraft division, and formerly owned an aircraft hangar in Grapeseed before it was bought by Trevor Philips.
Events of GTA V
Complete the mission The Bus Assassination, and then invest all the money of all the three protagonists in Vapid stocks, wait 48 hours in-game, until the porcentage of return reach his maximum value, in this case is about 100%, then just sell everything.
- The Dominator in GTA V has one of the loudest engine sounds, being a very typical muscle car sound, it also can be made louder by pulling the camera angle to the bottom rear of the car, this technique can be done with most cars in the game.
- The Fugitive from GTA V, despite being manufactured by Cheval is mistakenly referred to as the Vapid Fugitive on the website since the 1.06 update. A Newswire article from 23rd December 2013 also refers to it under this name 
- A Vapid Dealer is located in Downtown Los Santos, which also happens to be the location in GTA Online where the player's insured vehicles will spawn once he/she claims and pays for it.
- Not only does Trevor buy the old Vapid hangar in Grapeseed but he also buys the empty garage in an old Vapid dealership in Pillbox Hill.
- The Liberator is mistakenly labelled as "Vulcar Liberator" in pre-race setup menus.
- The Huntley Sport, the Bobcat, Minivan and Speedo are vehicles that do not take up resemblance of any Ford vehicles. The Huntley Sport is a Land Rover/Range Rover, the Bobcat and Speedo are Chevrolets and the Minivan is a Dodge.
|Albany • Annis • Benefactor • BF • Bollokan • Bravado • Brute • Buckingham • Canis • Chariot • Cheval • Classique • Coil • Declasse • Dewbauchee • Dinka • DUDE • Dundreary • Emperor • Enus • Fathom • Gallivanter • Grotti • Hijak • HVY • Imponte • Invetero • Jacksheepe • Jobuilt • Karin • Lampadati • Liberty Chop Shop • Liberty City Cycles • Maibatsu Corporation • Mammoth • MTL • Nagasaki • Obey • Ocelot • Overflod • Pegassi • Pfister • Principe • ProLaps • Schyster • Shitzu • Speedophile • Stanley • Steel Horse • Truffade • Übermacht • Vapid • Weeny • Vulcar • Western Company • Western Motorcycle Company • Willard • Zirconium|