Varrios Los Aztecas
|Games:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Type:||Mexican Street Gang|
The Lost MC
|Affiliations:||Trevor Philips (Formerly)|
Declasse Rancher XL
The Varrios Los Aztecas, also known as VLA or simply Aztecas, are a relatively small Mexican street gang featured in Grand Theft Auto V. They have links to the cartels and are currently in a war with rival Salvadorian gang Marabunta Grande over the drugs trade and drug trafficking. Weazel News also reported that there was a recent shootout between the two gangs in the Grand Senora Desert. The Aztecas have also been known to be heavily involved in arms dealing. The Spanish translation of the name is "The Aztec Neighborhoods".
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
In the storyline, the VLA are at war with Trevor Philips Enterprises over the weapons trade in Blaine County. After Trevor destroy's Ortega's drug trailer, the VLA decide to take him down. Several VLA members attack the Sandy Shores meth lab, but end up defeated. The Aztecas also appear in arms trafficking side missions where they attempt to steal the package from Trevor. An Azteca mugs a woman at an ATM during a random event in West Vinewood.
Varrios Los Aztecas members can be found in their territory behind Central Los Santos Hospital around Northern Rancho. Many Aztecas drive vehicles and members are seen standing on the sidewalks in groups of 3-5. Sometimes, Aztecas will rarely spawn and be replaced by Los Santos Vagos. To prevent this, try approaching Rancho from the north instead of the south.
Aztecas can be easily identified by their light teal/turqoise coloured cholo-style clothing. Their weapons of choice include Pistols, Micro SMGs, SMGs, and knives. They do not sport face tattoos unlike their rivals, the Marabunta Grande. They seem to like checkered shirts.
- Varrios Los Aztecas is misspelled Spanish for "The Aztec Neighborhoods", the correct word is "Barrio", or "Barrios" in plural. Probably misspelled to be stylized since in Mexican Spanish, the sound of B and V are basically pronounced the same way.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Varrios Los Aztecas were known to be Anti-Narcotic, however in GTA V they are very heavily involved in drug trafficking.
- They appear to share Rancho with the more dominate Vagos. Similar to how Alderney City was shared with the Korean Mob and Spanish Lords in GTA IV. But occasionally the Aztecas spawn in Rancho.
- It's iconic that the Aztecas are based on the 18th Street gang as their rivals, the Marabunta Grande, are based on MS13.
- Unlike the Vagos and the Marabunta Grande, the Aztecas have some older members that appear to be in their 50's or 60's. This indicates the possibility that the Aztecas are a multi-generational gang that have been around for a while. This is not uncommon in Los Angeles, as there are Mexican street gangs such as White Fence and Clanton 14 that have been around since the 1940's.
- They are first mentioned in GTA V in a internet news article from The Senora Beacon after the mission The Long Stretch, the article mentions they using the Alamo Sea as their base of operations and the fact that they were forced to leave Los Santos because of its war with the Vagos.
|Armenian Mafia • Aztecas • Ballas • Families • Korean Mob • Lost MC • Madrazo Cartel • Marabunta Grande • O'Neil Brothers • Professionals • Triads • Vagos • Rednecks • Trevor Philips Enterprises • Bonelli Mob • Hippies (Grand Senora Desert)||