Vinewood Boulevard Radio
|Location:||Vinewood, Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Genre:||Alternative/Indie Rock, Garage Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Noise Rock, Post-Punk, Hardcore Punk, Grunge|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Host:||Nate Williams and Stephen Pope|
- "The soundtrack to your broken dreams and unspent potential."
- ―GTA V Website
- Wavves - Nine Is God (2013)
- FIDLAR - Cocaine (2013)
- Bass Drum of Death - Crawling After You (2013)
- Hot Snakes - This Mystic Decade (2004)
- Moon Duo - Sleepwalker (2012)
- Sam Flax - Fire Doesn't Burn Itself (2012)
- Shark? - California Grrls (2013)
- The Black Angels - Black Grease (2005)
- METZ - Wet Blanket (2012)
- Ceremony - Hysteria (2012)
- Ty Segall Band - Diddy Wah Diddy (2012)
- Thee Oh Sees - The Dream (2011)
GTA V's trackID.gxt2 database reveals more songs were planned to appear on the station but were not included in the final version.
- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry (2006)
- DIIV - Doused (2012)
- Hanni El Khatib - Head In the Dirt (2013)
- No Age - Eraser (2008)
- Psychic Ills - I Get By (2013)
- Sweethead - The Great Disruptors (2009)
- Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss (2010)
- The Soft Pack - Answer to Yourself (2009)
The game files also suggest that this station was a reasonably late addition to the game, with a '90s rock station called P.M.R taking its place beforehand. The P.M.R logo for use in the radio wheel even still exists within the files, and the folder storing the songs for Vinewood Boulevard Radio still makes mention of '90s rock. The station would have played '90s rock songs that would have varied from alternative rock, Britpop, alternative metal, post-grunge, and indie rock. The songs that were meant for this station include:
- Faith No More - The Real Thing (1989)
- Mansun - Wide Open Space (1996)
- Oasis - (It's Good) To Be Free (1994)
- Staind - It's Been Awhile (2001)
- Stereophonics - Mr. Writer (2001)
- The Charlatans - The Only One I Know (1990)
- Travis - Side (2001)
- The beta radio hud for the 90s rock station, "P.M.R", resembled the Nine Inch Nails logo, sharing the rectangular box design with the letters inside of it and the last letter flipped, in which in this case is the letter "R".
- NIN-styled logo suggests Trent Reznor could be P.M.R's host.
- This is possibly Michael De Santa's second favorite radio station, as it plays when the player enters his Tailgater (alongside Radio Mirror Park).
- As said above, "P.M.R" might've been a successor to "Radio X" from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Vinewood Boulevard Radio may be based on KROQ, a radio station in Los Angeles that plays modern rock.
- The Black Keys' song "Lonely Boy"" can be heard during a station ID, even though it's not on the playlist.
- Another song by Wavves, "Dog", is featured in a cutscene in the ending of "The Third Way."
- There are 2 unknown songs playing in the background in-between songs. One of them can be heard when Nate and Steve do their counter-blessings and when they talk about what were invented in Los Santos.
- Hosts Nate Williams and Stephen Pope posted on Instagram that they recently had a meeting with Rockstar, hinting that this station will be updated for next-gen.
- Radio Broker - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and its episodes that plays Alternative/Indie Rock and Dance-Punk.
- Radio X - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that plays Alternative Rock and Grunge from the late '80s to early '90s.