Vinewood Boulevard Radio
|Location:||Vinewood, Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Genre:||Alternative/Indie Rock, Garage Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Noise Rock, Post-Punk, Hardcore Punk, Pop-Punk, Grunge|
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Host:||Nate Williams and Stephen Pope|
- "The soundtrack to your broken dreams and unspent potential."
- ―GTA V Website
- Wavves - Nine Is God (2013)
- FIDLAR - Cocaine (2013)
- Bass Drum of Death - Crawling After You (2013)
- Hot Snakes - This Mystic Decade (2004)
- Moon Duo - Sleepwalker (2012)
- Sam Flax - Fire Doesn't Burn Itself (2012)
- Shark? - California Girls (2013)
- The Black Angels - Black Grease (2005)
- METZ - Wet Blanket (2012)
- Ceremony - Hysteria (2012)
- Ty Segall Band - Diddy Wah Diddy (2012)
- Thee Oh Sees - The Dream (2011)
Exclusive for PS4, Xbox One & PC versions
- Bleached - Next Stop (2013)
- Coliseum - Used Blood (2014)
- JEFF the Brotherhood - Sixpack (2012)
- Mind Spiders - Fall in LIne (2012)
- Nobunny - Gone For Good (2010)
- The Men - Turn It Around (2012)
- The Orwells - Who Needs You (2013)
- The Soft Pack - Answer to Yourself (2009)*
(*This song was orignally cut from the original version of the game)
GTA V's trackID.gxt2 database reveals more songs were planned to appear on the station but were not included in the final ver sion.
- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry (2006)
- DIIV - Doused (2012)
- Hanni El Khatib - Head In the Dirt (2013)
- No Age - Eraser (2008)
- Psychic Ills - I Get By (2013)
- Sweethead - The Great Disruptors (2009)
- Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss (2010)
- This is possibly one of Michael De Santa's favorite radio stations, as it plays when the player enters his Tailgater (alongside Radio Mirror Park and Los Santos Rock Radio).
- Vinewood Boulevard Radio may be based on KROQ, a radio station in Los Angeles that plays modern rock, although it's more likely based on Burger Records Radio, a radio station that plays bands that are affiliated or signed with Burger Records, including some of the bands on VBR.
- The Black Keys' song "Lonely Boy" can be heard during a station ID.
- Another song by Wavves, "Dog", is featured in a cutscene in the ending of "The Third Way."
- There are two unknown songs playing in the background in-between songs. One of them can be heard when Nate and Steve do their counter-blessings and when they talk about what was invented in Los Santos.
- Some of the station's songs featured in the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions of GTA V are anachronistically featured as they were released in 2014, despite the storyline being set in 2013.
- The folder containing the station in the files is listed as "90s_rock", which indicated the VBR was supposed to be P.M.R., before it was cut from the game late in development.
- Radio X - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which plays Alternative rock and Grunge from the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- Liberty Rock Radio - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which also plays Alternative Rock.
- Radio Broker - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and its episodes which plays Alternative/Indie rock and Dance-rock.
- P.M.R. - A cut radio station in Grand Theft Auto V that played 90s Alternative rock until it was replaced by this station.
- The Lab FM - A radio station in the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by Wavves.