The Vinewood Racetrack is a horse racing track in Grand Theft Auto V located on Vinewood Park Drive in East Vinewood, Los Santos, next to the Vinewood Casino. It is based on the Hollywood Park Racetrack in Inglewood, California.
The Racetrack consists of a central structure, the track itself, and two adjacent buildings which serve as stables. The central structure, set on the west side of the course of Vinewood Park Drive, consists on its western (street) side of ticket windows, entry gates, and pavilions, while on its eastern (track) side is a large seating area. The track itself has a grass inner loop and a dirt outer loop; its infield is grass containing shallow pools and a small parking lot.
There are three external parking lots: one across from the track entrance, one on the northwest side (next to the grandstands), and a larger southern parking lot with a tunnel to access the track infield. The stables, which are set to the north and south of the track, contain stalls for horses, bales of hay, and other equipment. Beyond security guards, the Racetrack is largely unoccupied during the day or night.
Appearances in GTA V
- Photo Finish (Parachute Jump)
- When near the track around Los Santos, if you call for a Blimp (pre-ordered version only), it will be delivered to the track. It will be found sitting in the middle of the track's infield. However, if you summon the blimp when you are close to the racetrack, it will instead land at an alternate spawn point at Los Santos International Airport.
- The racing surface is accessible through a gap in the fence from the northernmost parking lot, or a ramp from the infield (which is accessible via a tunnel from the south casino parking lot).
- In GTA Online, some of Simeon Yetarian's Car Requests will spawn in the northernmost parking lot.
- The track can also be used for Custom Races in GTA Online. When driving on the dirt surface, cars will not be able to get to full speed on the straightaways, and turning in the corners is surprisingly difficult for a dirt track (instead of sliding, cars will often oversteer).
- The outer loop is about 0.65 miles around.