- "A beacon of false hope for impressionable young hopefuls the world over, no visit to Los Santos is complete without a selfie at the Vinewood Sign."
- ―GTA V Manual
GTA San Andreas
The Vinewood Sign is actually located in the neighbouring district of Mulholland. Madd Dogg's Crib can be found beside this sign, while two weapons are found behind it (a Cane and Golf Club). The Vinewood sign can be seen in the pause menu.
A much more detailed version of the Vinewood Sign appears in Grand Theft Auto V. It is more accurately located in Vinewood Hills, Los Santos. The sign itself has been scaled to appear slightly larger than its 3D era counterpart. Additionally, each letter has a ladder behind it, leading up to a small platform behind each letter. There are also various graffiti scrawled on the surface of the signs. Several large lights provide illumination to the sign at night.
Although there are various signs posted around the Vinewood Sign saying that the area is restricted to the public, hikers can frequently be found taking pictures by the sign, or on the small dirt path behind it.
- Although the sign says VINEWOOD, it is not located in Vinewood in GTA San Andreas. It is actually located in the district of Mulholland, a neighboring district of Vinewood.
- In GTA San Andreas, low-flying planes such as the Beagle or Rustler may frequently crash into the sign or the antenna next to it, usually after the player exits the Safehouse or if the player exits the 24/7 in the lower part of Mulholland.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, there is a graffiti on the back of the sign with the number 69 written out.
- In addition, the HD variant of the sign has the giant antenna behind it positioned in between the two O's in "Vinewood," giving it the resemblance of a phallus. This is yet another nod to Rockstar's obsession with adult humor.