Weapons are at the forefront of all Grand Theft Auto games. Ranging from bare fists to a simple baseball bat to fishing knifes to rocket-propelled grenades to dildos, there are many different weapons throughout the series. This article mainly details weapons in the 3D Universe and HD Universe.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the player can increase his/her skill for a particular weapon by practicing, using the weapon either on a shooting range or on real targets. For each individual weapon, the player can achieve three skill-levels: Poor, Gangster and Hitman. On the Hitman skill level, the player is able to fire lighter weapons whilst walking, as well as being able to double-wield certain weapons (one in each hand).
Weapons can be get by mainly 7 ways:
- Picking up weapons spawned randomly around the map.
- Picking up weapons spawned in certain areas as a reward if player have reached certain conditions.
- Picking up weapons dropped by an NPC.
- Giving to player when entering certain vehicles.
- Giving to player when doing certain missions by other characters if the mission required.
- Purchasing from weapon shops and characters that has the ability to sell weapons to player, Ammu-Nation
- For weapons that share the same ammo, you can purchase the cheap ones and its ammo, when the ammo is enough for you to use, then you can purchase the expensive ones and you can still use the ammo for the cheap ones.
- In GTA IV series, player can buy a weapon at one price, then buy additional ammo at a lower price.
- Using cheats to get weapons and their ammo.
- (Snowballs only) Picking them up from the ground when snowing.
- Weapons in GTA 1
- Weapons in GTA 2
- Weapons in GTA III
- Weapons in GTA Vice City
- Weapons in GTA Advance
- Weapons in GTA San Andreas
- Weapons in GTA Liberty City Stories
- Weapons in GTA Vice City Stories
- Weapons in GTA IV
- Weapons in The Lost and Damned
- Weapons in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Weapons in GTA Chinatown Wars
- Weapons in GTA V
List of weapons