Window Cleaning Platform
|Capacity||2 (operator and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Window Cleaning Platform is, as implied, a window cleaning platform in Grand Theft Auto IV.
The Window Cleaning Platform is a conventional window cleaning platform that can ascend and descend the faces of skyscrapers and other large buildings to clean windows. In Grand Theft Auto IV, window cleaning platforms are operable and featured on several buildings in Liberty City. Window cleaning platforms are used in three missions in GTA IV (Blood Brothers, Deconstruction for Beginners, and Late Checkout) in which they are used to ascend buildings to gain a good sniping position or advantageous assault/escape, although the one from Late Checkout is taken down after completing it. Window platforms can also be used outside of missions. The player can control the movement (up or down) of the platform to ascend to the top of buildings.
The Window Cleaning Platform is considerably slow at climbing the various skyscrapers, during the mission Deconstruction for Beginners where the Window Cleaning Platform is officially introduced to the player, Niko will comment on the slow speed of the platform.
- Window Cleaning Platforms mostly can be found in Algonquin (9) and few in Alderney (2).
- On the website Whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com there is a forum post showing the location of all the platforms throughout the city.
- If the player exits the Window Cleaning Platform while it is between the top and bottom of a buidling, it will automatically descend the platform to ground.
- A non-operable wooden Window Cleaning Platform is also present on the San Fierro Tower in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Platforms can be seen hanging on the tops of the Maze Bank Tower, the IAA Headquarters and the FIB Headquarters in GTA V but inaccessible because they are a few meters away from the roof. Even if accessed using a parachute, it is not usable.
- Also in GTA V, it appears in an assassination mission, where you have to kill a juror in the Eclipse Medical Tower, note that the juror actually moves the platform like in GTA IV, interestingly, you can shoot one of the cables to detach one side of the platform and kill the juror.