|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door convertible|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Price||$28,000 (Exports and Imports)|
|Related vehicle(s)||Jug Swinger|
The Windsor is a two-door convertible in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Windsor is designed as a 1960s to early 1970s classic convertible sports car, appearing with either its black top up or down. The car resembles a late 60s - mid 70's Jaguar E-Type or TVR S Series, but features a stretched rear and a generally longer proportion. The front seems to be based off the 1964-1966 Ferrari America 500 Superfast.
The Windsor is a fast car; however, it does not match up to some of the "elite" cars. The Windsor's engine is very loud, giving out a throaty roar, sounding more like a V8 than the 4 cylinder engine that came in all Alfa Romeo Spiders or the 6 cylinder/V12 that came in the all Jaguar E-Types but the engine was close enough to the TVR S series with V8 configuration. Acceleration and speed is on par. Cornering is very difficult, as the car seems to be much heavier than it looks. It also tends to subtly fishtail or drift, despite running at mid speeds, though experienced players can control its drifting capabilities.
Being a standard sports car, the Windsor can only be modified at TransFender, which offers the following modifications:
|Colors||Car Color 1||$ 150|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
- Spawns pretty much all around Las Venturas, especially Prickle Pine.
- Spawns in the Palomino Creek area.
- Spawns around the western half and far north-east area of Los Santos.
- Can be found a little bit rarely around the residential areas of south San Fierro.
- Available at the Easter Basin docks in San Fierro for import after first list completion for $28,000 on Wednesday.
- A pink Windsor can be found at Madd Dogg's Crib during the mission A Home in the Hills.
- Can be seen in the under passage at the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.
- The default radio station of the Windsor is Master Sounds 98.3..
- Oddly enough, the front license plate is mounted so that it partly obstructs the engine's main source of air. This is most likely a developer's oversight.
- Its name may be inspired from the Windsor family, which is the name of United Kingdom's royal family, asserting its British origins.
- Jugular E and Jug Swinger, GTA London cars that also based on the Jaguar E-Type.
- JB 700, another British classic sports car in GTA V.