The Xbox 360 is Microsoft's latest gaming console, successor to the Xbox. It was launched on November 22, 2005 in North America and it features an improved CPU, better graphics, and advanced online gaming capabilities. It directly rivals Sony's PlayStation 3, and Nintendo's Wii.
The Xbox 360 Elite is an upgraded version of the console, with a 120GB hard drive and an HDMI output port. However, many of the upgrades are now available individually for existing Xbox 360 consoles, excluding the 120GB HDD drive.
The Xbox 360 'S' is an upgraded version of the original design of the Xbox 360, announced and released on June 14, 2010. It is smaller, quieter, has built-in WiFi, more USB ports, produces less heat, and comes standard with a 250GB HDD drive.
The successor of the Xbox 360, the Xbox One was revealed on May 21, 2013.
Grand Theft Auto Games on the Xbox 360
- Grand Theft Auto IV was released on April 29, 2008.
- The game was later released on Games on Demand which lets users download and play full-fledged games to the HDD.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was released for download on Xbox Live Marketplace for 1200 Microsoft Points on October 20, 2008.
- The Lost and Damned was released on February 17, 2009 for 1600 Microsoft Points as an episodic game expansion to GTA IV. The price was later dropped to 800 Microsoft Points.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony was released on October 29, 2009 for 1600 Microsoft Points as GTA IV's second episodic game expansion.
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City containing both TLaD & TBoGT on one disc was released on October 29, 2009.
- Grand Theft Auto V Rockstar confirmed that GTA V will be coming for both Xbox 360 and PS3.
All Grand Theft Auto games made for the original Xbox can be played on the Xbox 360, with a free software emulator. (Although this is not possible on the Xbox 360 Arcade).