The Xbox 360 is Microsoft's latest gaming console, successor to the Xbox. It was launched on November 22, 2005 in North America as it features an improved CPU, better graphics, and advanced online gaming capabilities. It directly rivals Sony's PlayStation 3, and the Nintendo Wii.
The Xbox 360 Elite is an updated version of the console, with a 120GB hard drive and HDMI output. However many of the upgrades are now available individually for existing Xbox 360 consoles, excluding the 120GB HDD drive.
The Xbox 360 'S' is an upgraded version of the original design of Xbox 360 announced and released on June 14, 2010. It is smaller, quieter, has built-in WIFI, more USB ports, produces less heat and comes standard with a 250GB HDD drive.
Grand Theft Auto games for the Xbox 360
- Grand Theft Auto IV was released on April 29, 2008.
- The game was later released on Games on Demand which lets users download and play full-fledged games off the Hard Drive.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was released for download on Xbox Live Marketplace for 1200 Microsoft Points on October 20, 2008.
- The Lost and Damned was released on February 17, 2009 for 1600 Microsoft Points as an add-on to GTA IV (later dropped to 800 Microsoft Points).
- The Ballad of Gay Tony was released on October 29, 2009 as GTA IV's second add-on for 1600 Microsoft Points.
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City containing both TLAD & TBoGT on one disc was released on October 29, 2009.
(All Grand Theft Auto games made for Xbox can be played on the Xbox 360, with a free software emulator.This is not possible on Xbox 360 Arcade).